ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is UKVI POlicy on COA for Residence Card Holders lawful

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Obie
Ireland

Is UKVI POlicy on COA for Residence Card Holders lawful

Post by Obie » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:55 pm

It has come to my attention that the UKVI is not issuing COA to Residence Card applicant until they have enrol their biometrics.

But this seems wrong, does it not?

The right to a COA under Article 10 of Directive 2004/38EC and Regulation 17(3) of the EEA Regulation 2006 does not appear to be dependent on the fulfillment of an administrative criteria like enrolling biometric.

The obligation to issue a COA , arises immediately on receipt of an application, and not following the accomplishment of an administrative requirement that is not founded on EU law.

I understand that this policy has changed, but it is one that I don't should have been adopted in the first place like many other.

Has anyone experienced this problem lately.

I will strongly advise that anyone who experience difficulty at work or face a sack as a result of this policy, should seriously consider a claim for damages for breach of EU law.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Teerak

Re: Is UKVI POlicy on COA for Residence Card Holders lawful

Post by Teerak » Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:52 pm

The truth is we seem to be at the mercy of the HO, as the are the jury judge and executioner, they disobey EU directives and regulation at will and there seem to be no penalty for that. Most of us seem to be bedevilled and most interested in tackling everyday challenges of life to Challenging the HO on their flagrant disobedience of EU laws.
Applied: 10/08/15 (HO received next day)
Payment taken: 12/08/15
Bio letter: 17/08/15
Bio Given: 20/08/15
COA: 14/09/15(dated 10/09/2015)
RC: 18/01/16(dated 11/01/16)

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:35 pm

Obie wrote:It has come to my attention that the UKVI is not issuing COA to Residence Card applicant until they have enrol their biometrics.

But this seems wrong, does it not?

The right to a COA under Article 10 of Directive 2004/38EC and Regulation 17(3) of the EEA Regulation 2006 does not appear to be dependent on the fulfillment of an administrative criteria like enrolling biometric.

The obligation to issue a COA , arises immediately on receipt of an application, and not following the accomplishment of an administrative requirement that is not founded on EU law.

I understand that this policy has changed, but it is one that I don't should have been adopted in the first place like many other.

Has anyone experienced this problem lately.

I will strongly advise that anyone who experience difficulty at work or face a sack as a result of this policy, should seriously consider a claim for damages for breach of EU law.

Can I even ask please. Does the six months start counting from the date of COA or the date of application

chriskv1
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by chriskv1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:23 am

But isn't it the HO's claim that , 'An application does not become an application for consideration until biometrics are enrolled' . ?

They could argue with that, Can they not ?
Anger and intolerance are the enemies of correct understanding.
Mahatma Gandhi

E&OE. I'm not a legal professional.