ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from Islamabad Paksitan (HSMP arroval under old rules)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:09 am

Yes, you are right. Specially re EC because practices vary from country to country.

Keep posted and in touch.

Thanks,
JD

Gallian100

Post by Gallian100 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:22 pm

Dear Pals,
I am from Islamabad, and got my HSMP approval on Sep 12th. I am planning for EC from Islamabad G9 Gerry's office shortly. I have heard that this office is overcrowded with applicants these days and one has to go very early morning to get your place secured in the long line and process starts only after waiting of 3-4 hours outside. Please guide me whether it is true or not.
Is there any possibility of taking appointment?

I had medical done (TB screening)for my self and wife last week and it also took more than five hours even I had an oppintment.

I have many other questions which are very similar to Waheed's concerns, like I have two daughters and I am not sure , I will actualy avail the HSMP visa or not , so I am confused about applying visas for my family along with mine as it might be waste of money.
How can I apply visa for my self alone and defer my family's case for a later stage.
Is it recomended?

Its good that guys from Pakistan are also sharing their experience on this forum now :)

scholarshk

Old VAFs

Post by scholarshk » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:32 pm

Old VAFs are not being accepted at VAC Karachi since 02 Nov. 2007.

However http://www.ukvacpk.com and http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk say that old forms will be accepted till 09 Nov and 16 Nov. respectively.

I can't understand this double standard !

Gallian100

Re: Old VAFs

Post by Gallian100 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:10 am

Dear scholarshk,
Please also provide link to down load new forms.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:50 am

Dear Forum Members

I have query regarding EC

My employer verification and Income tax verification was done at the time of HSMP approval.Will BHC Islamabad verify again from the employer and income tax department or they will verify only Bank and the friens in UK? My bank has only received the verification call , neither Income tax Departmnet, Employer nor friend in UK have received any verifictaion call.

I inquired from Gerry again in the morning and they said the "still they have not received any status of my passport number and it will take about 10-15 wrking days from the date of submission application form"

If any one needs any fillable form send me the form at the following email address waheedulhassan1@gmail.com and I will try to make it fillable

Regards

Waheed

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 am

Dear waheed,

keep patience. let them take their time and do what they want to do.

Do you have any software which converts pdf to word document so we can fill in the form and than print it out?

Regards,
JD
waheed wrote:Dear Forum Members

I have query regarding EC

My employer verification and Income tax verification was done at the time of HSMP approval.Will BHC Islamabad verify again from the employer and income tax department or they will verify only Bank and the friens in UK? My bank has only received the verification call , neither Income tax Departmnet, Employer nor friend in UK have received any verifictaion call.

I inquired from Gerry again in the morning and they said the "still they have not received any status of my passport number and it will take about 10-15 wrking days from the date of submission application form"

If any one needs any fillable form send me the form at the following email address waheedulhassan1@gmail.com and I will try to make it fillable

Regards

Waheed

scholarshk

New forms

Post by scholarshk » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:54 pm

The link to download new forms is:

http://www.britishhighcommission.gov.uk ... 4919208354

Now its VAF2 for employment. Each type of VAF has its guidance notes also.

PDF forms can be filled with Adobe Acrobat Professional (PDF writer).

I have mailed complaint to BHC Islamabad about the old forms not being accepted. They have forwarded my complaint to concerned officer.

I just want to say all EC applicants that no one should be nervous or tense. After HSMP approval, its our right to get the EC.

adeelhayat
Newly Registered

Progress

Post by adeelhayat » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:05 am

Hello waheed ,
may i know what is progress on your EC ?
i submitted my application from Islamabad and very second day my bank account & employer varification was don.

please share progress on your end .

thanks.

jd
Member of Standing

Re: Progress

Post by jd » Tue Nov 13, 2007 8:35 am

Hi adeelhayat,

Please share your time line and supporting docs you submitted.
I'm going to submit from Islamabad next Monday (Inshallah).
Regards,
JD
adeelhayat wrote:Hello waheed ,
may i know what is progress on your EC ?
i submitted my application from Islamabad and very second day my bank account & employer varification was don.

please share progress on your end .

thanks.

scholarshk

Queries

Post by scholarshk » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:56 pm

I guess Mr. Waheed has got his visa stamped and busy in packing and shifting. :D

Mr. Adeel Hayat, may we please know what sort of questions were asked from your employer and bank ?

Regards,

SHK

uzmagha
Newly Registered

Post by uzmagha » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:05 am

hi everyone,

really useful thread for those applying EC from Pakistan.
Need some help from u guys....
My husband intends to apply for EC from Islamabad. I mortgage a house with my father in UK, Should we mention this in application or not????

n how to show gold asset in funds????

Plz reply.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Nov 14, 2007 7:39 am

Hi,

Your husband is going to apply as dependent, HSMP holder or what?
Are you british citizen?

Regards,
JD
uzmagha wrote:hi everyone,

really useful thread for those applying EC from Pakistan.
Need some help from u guys....
My husband intends to apply for EC from Islamabad. I mortgage a house with my father in UK, Should we mention this in application or not????

n how to show gold asset in funds????

Plz reply.

uzmagha
Newly Registered

Post by uzmagha » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:06 am

Hi JD,

My husband is HSMP holder n i m the only dependent.
I have been in UK for 2yrs and am Pakistani National. My father is now in UK on posting from his company in Pakistan.

I hope u can answer my questions now.

Regards

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:45 am

Yes, you can show your father's or your property there and explain briefly to visa section but i'm not sure about the documentary evidence you need to provide for this may be some papers of house ownership and mortgage agreements.

Re gold assets, may be some married ppl can help you better (Who had shown such assets).

Regards,
JD
uzmagha wrote:Hi JD,

My husband is HSMP holder n i m the only dependent.
I have been in UK for 2yrs and am Pakistani National. My father is now in UK on posting from his company in Pakistan.

I hope u can answer my questions now.

Regards

uzmagha
Newly Registered

Post by uzmagha » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:07 am

thanks JD
I do have papers of property but not sure as it is on mortgage.
R u sure i shud mention it.

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:11 am

show property and mortgage papers. Tell them exactly what the status is. Don't lie.. If you see any problem with papers or so... just explain them or don't submit..

Some senior members can give better advice..

Regards,
JD
uzmagha wrote:thanks JD
I do have papers of property but not sure as it is on mortgage.
R u sure i shud mention it.

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Thu Nov 15, 2007 8:08 am

Dear Forum Members

I am calling the 8865 from the mobile and 0900 10411 from the PTCL and they are daily saying that they have not received the status of my passport number.

On the time of submission they said it will take 4 days , then they started to say that it may take 10 to 15 working days and now they are saying that in some cases it may take fore than 15 days. I have submitted my application on 29 October 2007 ( 13 working days have gone) they have verified from my bank abt three days after my submission) after that they have not verfied my employer , friend in UK and Income tax department.

Today when I called them again, they said that staus not yet confirmed and told me to visit the centre between 14:00 to 17:00 and say them that you are here for checking /collecting the passport.

At present I am in Muzaffarabad and will be back in Lahore on Monday to check the status from the Gerrys Visa Application centre.

Regards

Waheed

scholarshk

:shock:

Post by scholarshk » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:03 pm

Hello Mr. Waheed,

I am very astonished as to why they are taking so much time !
I thought you're busy packing after getting the visa.

InshaAllah everything'll be fine. Everyone pray for each other.

In some cases, the visa comes exactly on the 15th day.

Do not despair of the mercy of Allah;
"La Taqnatu Min RahmatiAllah:"

Regards,

SHK

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:48 pm

Dear scholarshk bro / Other Pakistani members

Aslam O Alykum

I was astonished when i called the VAC in Mirpur AJK and they told me that your passports are in the Gerrys Visa application centre Lahore on 5th November 2007 ,10 days have passed and the people on the number 8865 and 0900 10411 are continously saying that status of the passport in not yet ok meaning that the passport is not returned to the VAC.

It means that the guys on numbers 8865 and 0900-10411 are not well informed/ updated as they are in islamabad.

I have despatched the authority letter to my wife for passport collection and If she receives the authority letter within the time she will be collecting the passports ( the result will be declared ,plz pray for me)
other wise I myself will collect on Monday.

My advise to all EC applicants from Pakistan is that to contact the VAC where they have submitted the applications after a week as there is some lack of communication coordination the VAC and their Information call center. due to new systems/changes being enforced.

If anyone from Pakistan applied for EC wants to know the status one can check by calling at 058610-38005(Gerrys VAC mirpur information centre number), tell them your Gerry receipt number

GRY-PK-02-00****-X

replace * with your own number

They will tell you the status of your passport

Regards

Waheed

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:22 am

Best of luck waheed!

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Fri Nov 16, 2007 12:52 pm

Dear Forum Members
:( :( :( :( :( :(
Entry Clearance refused on grounds that salary certificate, salary slips , employment reference are not genuine and cannot be verified from the employer.

the refusal letter date is November 1, 2007 I submitted my application on October 29, 2007 and the employer has not received any verification call during this period.

I have received the refusal letter today ie 16-11-2007 and on it its mentioned i can appeal no more than 28 days

Dear forum members Plz help me what to do? as I am short of time. only 12 days left to appeal

Regards

Waheed

waheed
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by waheed » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:17 pm

Dear Forum menbers following is the actual text from the refusal letter

You have submitted monthly salary certificates, wage slips and an employement reference, which are not genuine, this has been confirmed as such through enquiries with (--------employer). Whilst I am satisfied that you have been employed by this company the information contained in the documents presented is false. I am satified that you were aware of this when you submitted your application and therefore your application falls for refusal under section 135A (i), 135 HA (ii) and 320 (15) (21) of HC 395.

Experienced membres please throw light on this staement

jd
Member of Standing

Post by jd » Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:19 pm

Dear waheed,

Sorry to hear about the refusal. Just frankly.
Just couple of questions.

Was your evidence genuine and how long you have been working for the employer?
Have you mentioned your employer's land line and mobile phone numbers in VAF and in cover letter?
Did they contact your employer?

For information on appeals, please visit.
http://www.ukvacpk.com/appeals.aspx

Regards,
JD

waheed wrote:Dear Forum menbers following is the actual text from the refusal letter

You have submitted monthly salary certificates, wage slips and an employement reference, which are not genuine, this has been confirmed as such through enquiries with (--------employer). Whilst I am satisfied that you have been employed by this company the information contained in the documents presented is false. I am satified that you were aware of this when you submitted your application and therefore your application falls for refusal under section 135A (i), 135 HA (ii) and 320 (15) (21) of HC 395.

Experienced membres please throw light on this staement

scholarshk

Appeal

Post by scholarshk » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:01 pm

Hello Mr. Waheed,

1st of all sorry to hear your refusal by these money sucking game players.

You should appeal as soon as possible.

Did the ECO give you three documents.

The written Notice of Refusal (this tells you why the ECO has refused your visa).
The Notice of Appeal form AIT2 (you must fill this in to explain why you think the ECO was wrong to refuse you a visa).
A leaflet explaining how to fill in the Notice of Appeal form.

Did the entry clearance officer even talked to you on the phone ?

If you are confident that they did not contact your employer even once, then do appeal.

Following link will be usefull for you:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/servlet/Front ... 8721068442

Don't loose hope.

Regards,

SHK

maidy

dont nerv....

Post by maidy » Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:08 pm

Just quickly prepare ur grounds of appeal and submit it.

if u r confident that they have never callled to ur employer then write in grounds of appeal that the eco/bhc never tried to call on the ph. no.s given and also then have not adopted any other approved ways of contachting e.g e.mail or through fax (if these were given). in evidence u can supply a statement of incoming calls for the phone no.s of employer which can be obtained from PTCL customer service as if u got this statment u can see by urself if a call from bhc has been received or not.
u can further argue that if they have called but nobody received there may be a reason that nobody was present around for a while or busy in some other call so that they have to had tries to cotact on other no.s given or via other approved ways of contact.

another point to argue is that u r an employee of employer named........ and this fact is evident by a number of evidences provided to Home office and then to BHC. therefore this fact cant be denied only by making a statment (mention words of refusal letter here), which is contrdictory to the facts.
Further, make a request to appellant tribunal to ask the ECO, Islamabad to provide even a single solid evidence (any document or call recording if they have called as they said) in support of his refusal decision.

hope u got the idea of appeal and now are able to draft a strong appeal.

gud luk ..............
Maddy