ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 migrant - work from abroad

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

adizz80
Newly Registered

Tier 2 migrant - work from abroad

Post by adizz80 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:55 pm

Hi All,

I am a TIer-2 (General) migrant worker with valid Tier 2 (General) visa till October 2017.

Due to some personal reasons, I will have to work from my home country (Pakistan) for a substantial period of time (4-6 months). My organization (which is very reputed UK employer) has no issues with this arrangement because of the very nature of my work.

My question is 'if it will affect my current visa?' More specifically, if I left the UK for a significant period, can UK border agency bare me from entering UK (on my current visa) in future? Or can they revoke my visa?

From bullets 239-241 (Page 59) of Tier 2 policy document (Link below), it seems that I can probably go ahead with this arrangement. However,I still want to get opinion of some expert out here.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... 4_2015.pdf

I am aware that my ILR application (if I apply for it some time in future) may be affected! Other than this, is there any other caveat?

Many thanks in advance for your help!
Best,

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 migrant - work from abroad

Post by iworker » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:52 am

i dont think there should be any problem.. to keep your ilr hopes in place, best to limit the stay outside to a max of 180 days. and best to get paid in uk too.

Basharat81

Post by Basharat81 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:50 am

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:54 am

Basharat81 wrote:Should not not exceed 90 days

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... .0_EXT.pdf
It is no more than 180 days per 12 month cycle, not 90 days.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.