ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General - Various Queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubycarlo

Tier 2 General - Various Queries

Post by rubycarlo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Hello,

I am applying for a Tier 2 (general) visa next week and intend to provide my IELTS scores to claim points for the English requirement (overall score 8.0).

​I took the test on 30 Jan 2014 and I believe it is valid until Jan-2016 (2 years right?). Since the test was taken before 05 April 2015, could you confirm if I can still use these results? I've checked the list of transitional approved tests and IELTS is still listed as one of them. Please let me know.

Also, do I need to provide my original IELTS test report form? Or will the Home Office verify my scores online?

Would appreciate a speedy reply. Thanks!

rubycarlo

Tier 2 (general) application queries

Post by rubycarlo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Hi,

I'm applying for a Tier 2 (general) visa and have a couple of queries on the online application form:
    Are you travelling with anyone?: Do they have a valid visa for the UK?
    I may be travelling with my sister or other members of my family. However, they will be applying for a visitor visa later and probably not at the time of the application. Is it okay to state that they do not have a current UK visa at present? I can provide an explanation in the "Additional Information" section.
      Date of planned arrival in the UK
      Pending for now. The visa conditions state that I will be able to enter the UK 14 days before my COS start date. Is the COS start date the same as the work start date? I would like to arrive a month before my work start date if possible. Do let me know how this could be arranged.
        What is the main address and contact details of where you will be staying whilst in the UK?
        Since I do not have a confirmed place of stay at present, I will be stating my employer's address in the application. Is this okay? I can provide an explanation in the "Additional Information" section.
          Points claimed
          I will be claiming points as follows:
          Certificate of Sponsorship (resident labour market test) = 30
          Appropriate salary = 20
          English language = 10
          Maintenance = 10
          Total = 70
          Will I need to state the exact amount of points based on my salary? Or will these points be calculated by the Home Office?

I would appreciate a speedy reply. Thanks!

CR001
          Mood:
          South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General - Various Queries

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:55 pm

I have merged your posts/threads. It is not necessary to open a new thread with each question on the same application.
          Char (CR001 not Casa)
          In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
          Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:00 pm

@rubycarlo.

Are u travelling with anyone: NO

Date of planned Arrival doesn't matter. The visa will be issued according to rules. If it says u cannot enter uk before more then 14 days before start date work, the visa will be issued according to this not you planned date of arrival.

Appropriate salary has max 20 points. What other points are you talking abt which you said HO will calculate themselves?

using employer address should be fine.

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks @fahadfaiz for the quick reply!

Could you please elaborate on the difference between COS start date and actual work start date? Can the actual joining date be amended after the COS is assigned?

Also please confirm regarding my query on IELTS test scores:
          rubycarlo wrote:Hello,

I am applying for a Tier 2 (general) visa next week and intend to provide my IELTS scores to claim points for the English requirement (overall score 8.0).

​I took the test on 30 Jan 2014 and I believe it is valid until Jan-2016 (2 years right?). Since the test was taken before 05 April 2015, could you confirm if I can still use these results? I've checked the list of transitional approved tests and IELTS is still listed as one of them. Please let me know.

Also, do I need to provide my original IELTS test report form? Or will the Home Office verify my scores online?

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:14 pm

fahadfaiz wrote: Appropriate salary has max 20 points. What other points are you talking abt which you said HO will calculate themselves?
          Reg your reply, I read somewhere that the salary points are calculated based on the band my salary would fall under. Is this applicable to the visa application points calculation?

ff88

Post by ff88 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:16 pm

rubycarlo wrote:Thanks @fahadfaiz for the quick reply!

Could you please elaborate on the difference between COS start date and actual work start date? Can the actual joining date be amended after the COS is assigned?

Also please confirm regarding my query on IELTS test scores:

There are two dates Rcos assigned date. It is the date when after 11th day of month meeting if your rcos is granted then it can be assigned in 3 months otherwise it gets expired. So rcos assigned date is never same as work start date. Work start date is different from rcos assigned date.

I am not sure about IELTS because I have claimed english points based on my degree from UK.

I am not sure if work start date can be amended after rcos is assigned but as far as I know employer can add a sponsor note to inform ukba of any changes in dates etc. So when your application will under process ukba will be able to see any sponsor note in rcos and will take that into consideration.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:19 pm

rubycarlo wrote:
          fahadfaiz wrote: Appropriate salary has max 20 points. What other points are you talking abt which you said HO will calculate themselves?
          Reg your reply, I read somewhere that the salary points are calculated based on the band my salary would fall under. Is this applicable to the visa application points calculation?
          As far as I know, there are two bands of points. One is used when your employer applies for rcos. Those points are different than the points you claim when making visa application. Because rcos are limited they are ranked according to salary points, higher the salary, more points= more chances of rcos being granted. But once it is granted, than these points has nothing to do with points you claim on visa application.

Use the points calculator on ukvi website. It will clear this thing.

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:09 pm

Thanks for clarifying @fahadfaiz!

rubycarlo

Post by rubycarlo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:58 am

Hi all,

Could anyone confirm whether I can still use my IELTS results for my Tier 2 application this month? I could use my Bachelor's and Masters degree certificates instead, but I understand this will take me time to get them assessed by UK NARIC.

Would appreciate some advice on this!