ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching into Tier 2 from Tier 4 Dependant

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raju1522
Newly Registered

Switching into Tier 2 from Tier 4 Dependant

Post by raju1522 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:57 am

I hope you are doing good. I have doubts regards my visa. I came to UK for doing Masters in Oct 2010. After Completion of my Masters I got PSW (post work permit) on March 2012. Actually my visa finishes on March 2014.

Before finish my Visa My fiancee came to UK for doing Masters in Dec 2013. Her visa valid up to Jan 2017.We both are married on Feb 2014 in UK only. I was switched to Tier4 Dependent from tier1 in UK. So I have got visa until Jan 2017 as same as my wife visa.
Presently I am working as software engineer (Junior web developer) and Salary 23K per annul. My company has tier2 A rating sponsorship lenience.I have completed one year Successfully in the company. Now I would like to switching into Tier2 General.

1) I will come under Code of practice (SOC code 2136 or 2137)

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

I joined in the company one year back as a junior developer, so shall I come under entry level salary or experience job salary , How much salary I need to get for apply to tier 2 general.

2) https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v_1_1.pdf

From the above link saying that (In 99 page – 28.5 point) Exemptions from the resident labour market test , 28.5 If the migrant is already working for you and they need to extend their leave to continue working for you in the same occupation, you do not need to carry out a resident labour market test.

Is it applicable for me, without doing RLMT, Shall I apply Tier2 general through my company.

Can you please provide me good guidance to apply tier 2 general visa through my company. What more precautions shall i need to take to get visa with out taking any risk. I hope you are helping to me.

Many thanks for your help. this is very useful for me.

Thank you

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Switching into Tier 2 from Tier 4 Dependant

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:04 am

1. Read point 2. of this post.
2. You are not extending your stay in UK either as a Tier 4 dependant or Tier 2 migrant, but "switching" from Tier 4 dependant to Tier 2 (General).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

raju1522
Newly Registered

Post by raju1522 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:35 pm

Thank YOU.. THAT ONE OLD CODE OF PRACTICE.
This is new one
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... l_2015.pdf

Any way my query is
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _v_1_1.pdf

From the above link saying that (In 99 page – 28.5 point) Exemptions from the resident labour market test , 28.5 If the migrant is already working for you and they need to extend their leave to continue working for you in the same occupation, you do not need to carry out a resident labour market test.

Is it applicable for me, without doing RLMT, Shall I apply Tier2 general through my company.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:06 pm

Appendix J of immigration rules is not "old".
Already answered in my response above. You are not working as a Tier 2 migrant but as a Tier 4 dependant!!
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

raju1522
Newly Registered

Switching from Tier 4 Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General

Post by raju1522 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:24 am

Hi, Any one help me this,
I would like to switching from tier 4 dependent to tier 2
Presently I am working as software engineer (Junior web developer) and Salary 23K per annul. My company has tier2 A rating sponsorship lenience.I have completed 15 months Successfully in the company. Now The company happy to sponsor tier 2 visa. They are new to this, but i am aware of some of rules. We need to apply RCOS to company and then Do RLMT and if it is passed then they will generate COS on me. I can apply Tier2 .
But i would like to know
1) how much time to do this whole process beacause my visa will finish by DEC 2015.
2) HR manager told me that i will come under 2137(Web developer) code in code of practice and I'm more than 26 years , so i will come to experienced applicant , present salary is 23k , they want to increse my salary, how much salary can i get visa with out risky in the monthly process.
Could you please help me to what we have to do

raju1522
Newly Registered

Restricted COS decisions for September 2015

Post by raju1522 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 am

Presently I am working as software engineer (Junior web developer) and Salary 23K per annul. My company has tier2 A rating sponsorship lenience.I have completed 15 months Successfully in the company. Now The company happy to sponsor tier 2 visa. They are new to this, but i am aware of some of rules. We need to apply RCOS to company and then Do RLMT and if it is passed then they will generate COS on me. I can apply Tier2 .
But i would like to know
1) how much time to do this whole process beacause my visa will finish by DEC 2015.
2) HR manager told me that i will come under 2137(Web developer) code in code of practice and I'm more than 26 years , so i will come to experienced applicant , present salary is 23k , they want to increse my salary, how much salary can i get visa with out risky in the monthly process.

raju1522
Newly Registered

TIER 2 General - Dependent doubts

Post by raju1522 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:30 am

But i would like to know

raju1522
Newly Registered

Tier 4 extension in uk - interview questions

Post by raju1522 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:31 am

But i would like to know

thisismoyo
Newly Registered

Re: Switching from Tier 4 Dependent Visa to Tier 2 General

Post by thisismoyo » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:39 am

raju1522 wrote:Hi, Any one help me this,
But i would like to know
The best thing you can do based on the various advise on this forum is as follows

1. Get your HR to advertise the role on Universal Jobmatch and any other online advertising site (reed.co.uk)
2. Ensure that the advert is valid by mentioning the following components
• Job title
• Job description
• Skills & qualification
• Application closing date (30 days after posting date)
3. Let your Company apply for RCOS after 28days of advert
4. If RCOS application is approved, your company can then assign the RCOS to you
5. Apply for your visa with premium so that you dont misss out on your own visa expiry.

Now the whole process should take about 2 months.

My take is, If the job can be advertised latest Monday 14th September, Closing date can be set as 15th October, Then your HR can apply for November RCOS on 15th October. If the application is approved, you will likely get the RCOS on November 11th or 12th, so once your employer assign it to you, you can apply say 13th or 16th November.

Hope this helps

I am not a guru but i believe this is the simply process.

Other experienced gurus can help comment on this

ff88

Re: Restricted COS decisions for September 2015

Post by ff88 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:58 am

raju1522 wrote:Hi, Any one help me this,
But i would like to know
Before you can apply for tier 2, your company will first have to register itself with UKVI and obtain a licence to sponsor. After they obtain licence, they should first carry out RLMT before applying for RCOS. The advertisment etc must be for at least 28days, and if they are unable to find a suitable candidate only then they can sponsor you. Once RLMT has been done, the next step is to apply for RCOS. When RCOS is successfully granted only than you can apply for Tier 2 visa.

The current SOC CODE 2137, experienced rate is 23,400 pounds. So you will need a min of 23,400 offer. But this may change, as some changes are expected to come into force in November, one of which is increased salary requirements. Lets see what changes comes in November.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:42 am

Please don't post in other people's topics, some of which were unrelated to your questions.

I have merged them here.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

raju1522
Newly Registered

Post by raju1522 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:40 pm

Sorry for merging , Thank you very much for giving valuable advice (thisismoyo, fahadfaiz )
HI thisismoyo,
if i do apply 23th or 26th NOV , when shall i get application result with Normal process and with premium process. and also if apply my visa with 23,400 , last month cut off almost 24k with 36 points , Shall i get good reults.