ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

address change on BRP card before ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

acg_24
Newly Registered

address change on BRP card before ILR

Post by acg_24 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:26 pm

Hi all,

I am eligible for ILR...have cleared Life in the UK test last week and now planning to apply. I have moved to a new address in June this year. My question is:

1. Do I need to inform UKBA about address or can I just apply for ILR?

2. If I need to inform about address change do my dependents need a separate form each for the same (address change) or can it be done on one form? I have 2 dependents.

3. Typically how long does it take to get the address changed? My ILR will have to be on hold till this happens.

4. How will I know the address is changed? Will I be issued a replacement card or will I be notified via email?

Thank you in advance for the help.
Just to want to be extra sure thats why all the questions!

Best Wishes,
A

Marin2342
Newly Registered

Re: address change on BRP card before ILR

Post by Marin2342 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:14 pm

I am no senior but your address is not printed on BRP card so it doesn't need replacing. Not sure if we need to inform UKBA when changing address unless you change your address while your application is with HO and you are awaiting a decision. As far as I know, you only need to mention addresses on your application form. Still other senior members will be of better help!

riz1986

Post by riz1986 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:47 pm

acg_24 wrote:Hi all,

I am eligible for ILR...have cleared Life in the UK test last week and now planning to apply. I have moved to a new address in June this year. My question is:

1. Do I need to inform UKBA about address or can I just apply for ILR?

2. If I need to inform about address change do my dependents need a separate form each for the same (address change) or can it be done on one form? I have 2 dependents.

3. Typically how long does it take to get the address changed? My ILR will have to be on hold till this happens.

4. How will I know the address is changed? Will I be issued a replacement card or will I be notified via email?

Thank you in advance for the help.
Just to want to be extra sure thats why all the questions!

Best Wishes,
A
What immigration category you on ?

acg_24
Newly Registered

Post by acg_24 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:05 am

I am on Tier 1 (general). Due for ILR now.Thanks.

Zun
Newly Registered

Post by Zun » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:42 pm

I had changed my address just before ILR - all my documents i.e. Bank statements , bills etc. were on the new address

Did not inform HO - had no issues .

you can notify them the change if you wish .

make sure all your documents show the new address as well .

Regards
Zun

acg_24
Newly Registered

Post by acg_24 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:48 pm

Thankyou Zun.