ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) renewal

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dillingerband
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) renewal

Post by dillingerband » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:06 pm

Hi all

I'm currently nearing the end of my 3 year Tier 2 (General) Visa as an occupation shortage worker (this is my first visa in the UK). I can apply to renew starting the 1st of October. My question is do I apply for an extension or do I need to do a whole new application just like for my first Visa? The official site seems to say that I can apply for an extension but when I go through the online application, my Visa isn't in the eligible Visa drop down list. Am I supposed to select 'Tier 2 (General) leave to remain', or is that only for people applying for indefinite leave to remain? Are they different things? I'm really getting confused here, and I'm sure this is something someone can quickly tell me.

I'm sure something like this has been asked about before, but I can't find exactly what I need. I think maybe it's so simple that people assume I know it, but I can't figure it out. Thanks in advance for all your help, and I apologise if this should be more obvious to me.

Thank you,
Joshua