ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Record of Abscences Supporting Documents

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wyscliff
Newly Registered

Record of Abscences Supporting Documents

Post by wyscliff » Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 pm

Hello all,

I am going down to make my application for long residence in person in 2 weeks. I have filled out form SET (LR). My application is very straightforward, no gaps in my visa history, criminal record, have been out of the UK well under the permitted absences, etc. I have both my passports with all my entry stamps to the UK and my current BRP. However, I have a question regarding the documents needed.

As stated, my passport (Standard US passport) has all my entry to the UK stamps. It also has all stamps for travel to other countries. However, when I have been back to the US for brief visits over these past 10 years, US customs has not always stamped my passport, as such in my history of absences from the UK, I do not have any stamp that shows evidence of when I departed the UK for the US. Do I need to provide flight records for that time, or are they only looking for the UK entrance stamps?

Wyscliff

riz1986

Re: Record of Abscences Supporting Documents

Post by riz1986 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:36 pm

if your absence is below 540 days over the ten yr then u don't need to worry. Just list them on the form.

wyscliff
Newly Registered

Re: Record of Abscences Supporting Documents

Post by wyscliff » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:37 am

Yes, it comes to exactly 480 days! Thank you for the response!