ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

asdcjb
Newly Registered

Tier 2 (General) extension

Post by asdcjb » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:00 am

Hello Forum members

I have a query about in country visa extension. I am employed in a research position at a university. I was issued a Tier 2 General visa in Sept 2014. It expires on Dec2015. I have now been offered a 4 year research position in a different department with the same university starting nov 2015. Can i apply for an extension for myself and my dependents within the UK or will I have to go back to my home country to apply. The eligibility requirements here (https://www.gov.uk/tier-2-general/extend-your-visa) have me a bit confused. Technically for me it is not the same job.
How will this affect my eligibility for ILR. Will the clock be reset from new visa ?

iworker
Diamond Member
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: Tier 2 (General) extension

Post by iworker » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 pm

you can apply within uk.
no impact on ilr.
if the job is same, then the uni issues u a new cos and you apply for the visa.
if the job is not same (note that same or not same depends on soc code and not on departments), then the uni does the RLMT, issues u cos and u apply the visa.

asdcjb
Newly Registered

Post by asdcjb » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:07 pm

iworker wrote:you can apply within uk.
no impact on ilr.
if the job is same, then the uni issues u a new cos and you apply for the visa.
if the job is not same (note that same or not same depends on soc code and not on departments), then the uni does the RLMT, issues u cos and u apply the visa.
Can you explain a bit more please. What is soc code. How can I check if it is the same. Do you mean to say in both cases application can be made within uk? RLMT has been done i think. Job was posted for a month, interviews were held and job offered to me. The job has a PhD requirement.

asdcjb
Newly Registered

Post by asdcjb » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:15 am

Dear Senior Forum members

My employer is going to issue me a CoS next week. However they are not going to add my spouse and my daughter as dependents. Will that complicate things during visa extension for them. Your advice will be appreciated.

Regards