ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British passport application, advice please

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

steve567
Newly Registered

British passport application, advice please

Post by steve567 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:00 am

I applied British passport on the day of naturalization. It was 6 weeks ago. But I have not received anything from the IPS. I did make enquires several times. One time the customer service said my passport was in printing office. One week later, the officer from Peterborugh ,as they put through, told me that they were still checking the detail. I think that is ridiculous. I was not applying for ILR or naturalization. Not many data they need to check, I think. If they need, they can make an interview.

could someone tell me your experience of passport application or any idea, please!

Will it be normally take more than 6 weeks for the first time applicants these days? But 4 months ago, my friend got it back in 2 -3 weeks time.

Thanks

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:21 am

Have you had your interview yet?
John

steve567
Newly Registered

Post by steve567 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:05 am

No, I haven't. Last time someone from their customer service said that I did not need it and my passport is in printing process. 1 week later, another lady said they were still checking my detail.

thanks John

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Nov 07, 2007 11:52 am

Not everyone is having interviews.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

steve567
Newly Registered

Post by steve567 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:02 am

I have been trying to contact passport office after waiting for more than 6 weeks.. the operator said there must be a problem as it has taken such a long time and transferred to the examiner. But not available yet. and advised me to contact them later. I thought this step should be straight forward. really frustrated.

Could you tell me similar problem any of you had before?

thanks