ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query Regarding MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinodt1347

Query Regarding MN1

Post by vinodt1347 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:57 pm

Hi,

Please help with below situation. Pleas advise.

I and family have ILR for last 2 years and have been here in UK for 8 years. I wish to apply for Naturalisation using AN for myself and MN1 for 2 kids. We are not applying for my wife now.

Kids were born in India in 1998,2001 respectively and have been here since 2008. What section is to be quote in Question 1.1 of MN1. From a reading of the Guide I think it is section 3.1. This is on page 12 of the MN1 guide - see below
Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion – Section 3(1) application
Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family application”. Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is
settled in the UK.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Query Regarding MN1

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:15 pm

Yes, it is section 3(1) for children born abroad.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.