ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sidcostas

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by sidcostas » Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:54 pm

liquidweb wrote:
sidcostas wrote:Hi @ Annebee

Wat is your timeline again? you had you for ROR granted last year haven't you? If yes then your ROR should still be valid for a long time, so what you can do is to ask your passport back and keep travelling and living your life normally and when HO process your PR they will send it to you without having to ask for your passport back.
Has anyone applied between 6 of April when the biometrics started up to 30 of April? I have Applied on 30 of April, just want to know if someone applied before me so we can have confirmation when HO starts issuing Biometrics PR.

Keeping my fingers Crossed and hoping this wait will end up soon.

Good luck Everyone.

Forza we"ll probably be all applying for British citizenship next year around the same time so lets keep in Touch.
Sidcostas not having a go at you. But I find applying for BC as a pure waste of time and effort and also limiting your rights. For example, my friend and his wife has just become BC. His mother is seriously ill and wanted her to live with them. They applied under elderly dependent visa route spending close to £2000 and it got rejected. It seems British government since 2012 has made it impossible for you to bring our parents from back home in their old age. This is so shambolic that a lot of BC's are moving to another country in EEA and then bringing their parents there and then coming via SS route. It is truly a sad state. I know another friend who is EEA and just became BC, he retained dual nationality. Now decided to bring his poorly health father to this country and thought of applying for pension credit which is available for any EEA citizen since they paid into the home country pension system. Now since my friend has become BC, his father does not qualify for this as he is assumed as a dependent of a BC and not allowed to claim any pension credit. So my friend renounced his BC after gaining it 5 months back and as soon as he did that, his father application was granted.

Hi Liquidweb, wow it is actually a very good point, it is incredible that the system works that way, however is british should have full rights in the country, but i know the European laws are very different and sometimes it can be less complicated doing things on EEA route. For sure this needs more reading and understanding before applying for Citizenship.
Thank you

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:01 pm

zeb77 wrote:Hello everyone ,

i had applied on may 27 2015 and enrolled my biometrics on 16 june 2015 .it was yesterday 9 sep i received my COA,and it says ,we will take decision within next six months....is it some kind of a joke.do i have to wait more six months from now ......would be gratful if some one can throw light on this issue.Does the six months time starts from application or the coa ? hope things will move on faster
Hi Zeb77, it has taken over 3 months just to get COA? thats incredible, but i think that it counts from the date you applied and not the COA date, Why haven't you contacted the HO asking for the COA with right to work before? I have applied at the end of April and received the Biometric Letter after 12 days and COA 10 days after submitting biometrics, I have been waiting for 4 months and a half, i hoping to get my Pr by the end of the month or first week of next month. Why don't you call them and ask about your doubts so then you can be sure, you won't need to identify yourself, just like a general question. The problem i find to call the HO is that every time that you call a different member of Staff will tell you a different Story. So confusing and frustrating.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Annebee wrote:
sidcostas wrote:Hi @ Annebee

Wat is your timeline again? you had you for ROR granted last year haven't you? If yes then your ROR should still be valid for a long time, so what you can do is to ask your passport back and keep travelling and living your life normally and when HO process your PR they will send it to you without having to ask for your passport back.
Has anyone applied between 6 of April when the biometrics started up to 30 of April? I have Applied on 30 of April, just want to know if someone applied before me so we can have confirmation when HO starts issuing Biometrics PR.

Keeping my fingers Crossed and hoping this wait will end up soon.

Good luck Everyone.

Forza we"ll probably be all applying for British citizenship next year around the same time so lets keep in Touch.

Hi sidcostas
You are right , got Ror last year. I haven't got any travel plans so not bothered about my passport . Though I still find almost 6 months waiting for any resident application unreasonably too long.
I actually waited to apply for the biometric format PR(don't ask me why lol) just prefers it for some strange reason. Cos I remember coming back to UK sometime last year and the border control office that checked my passport clearly was very reluctant and with face full of doubt. He kept flipping through my passports, good a thing I had my previous ones attached. He then scanned one of me previous visa which I provided my biometrics for and then asked me to place my finger on the scanner. He then let me through after that

So when I learnt biometric format of PR will be introduced , I preferred to apply for that cos i just want to help this doubtful officials do thier work.

Anyway I should be one of the early birds . I applied on the 9th so fingers crossed for end of this month

Hi @ Annebee,

Very good to hear of someone that actually applied for Biometric Pr before myself, If you have applied on the 9 of April then you should be getting your PR card by next week as it looks like its taking exactly 5 months to receive PR's, some members waited 5 months and 2 weeks for what I have been reading, Please keep us updated, so i can calculate when I will receive mine too, I have applied 3 weeks after you. Biometrics should speed things up, I still haven't heard of anyone that received Biometric PR.

Good Luck

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:23 pm

sidcostas wrote:
zeb77 wrote:Hello everyone ,

i had applied on may 27 2015 and enrolled my biometrics on 16 june 2015 .it was yesterday 9 sep i received my COA,and it says ,we will take decision within next six months....is it some kind of a joke.do i have to wait more six months from now ......would be gratful if some one can throw light on this issue.Does the six months time starts from application or the coa ? hope things will move on faster
Hi Zeb77, it has taken over 3 months just to get COA? thats incredible, but i think that it counts from the date you applied and not the COA date, Why haven't you contacted the HO asking for the COA with right to work before? I have applied at the end of April and received the Biometric Letter after 12 days and COA 10 days after submitting biometrics, I have been waiting for 4 months and a half, i hoping to get my Pr by the end of the month or first week of next month. Why don't you call them and ask about your doubts so then you can be sure, you won't need to identify yourself, just like a general question. The problem i find to call the HO is that every time that you call a different member of Staff will tell you a different Story. So confusing and frustrating.[/quote

Hi Sidcostas,firstly happy to hear that it counts from the date of application.secondly, i did contact them but, after 2months as i didnt know , they should send me coa.its only after i joined the forum i realised , one must get COA.i did call them few times with this query ,and as u stated always a different answer.its no point asking them, i find this forum to be more fruitful and informative then them.i guess there may be many other silent readers of this forum with the same situation ....they should share there timeline and experiences with us .every little helps........
hope u get yur pr with in next few weeks as u had a long wait,about 4 1/2 months now....
thanks

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Tracked the special delivery envelope included with my application it states its on it way to me to be delivered before guaranteed time on the 14th .. This will be the longest weekend ever.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:42 pm

Annebee wrote:Tracked the special delivery envelope included with my application it states its on it way to me to be delivered before guaranteed time on the 14th .. This will be the longest weekend ever.
OMG, I'm even emotional about this! That means mine it's only 3 weeks away! I'll be waiting to hear from you tomorrow @Annebee, I'm really happy for you! Update us please! I'm so curious to see how this biometric card it's going to look like! Apparently what happen is that you receive all your documents back with a letter saying if your application has been successful and then the biometric card comes separately. But tomorrow you'll receive your letter and all documents back! So ao good !
Good luck, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Xx

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:23 am

sidcostas wrote:
Annebee wrote:Tracked the special delivery envelope included with my application it states its on it way to me to be delivered before guaranteed time on the 14th .. This will be the longest weekend ever.
OMG, I'm even emotional about this! That means mine it's only 3 weeks away! I'll be waiting to hear from you tomorrow @Annebee, I'm really happy for you! Update us please! I'm so curious to see how this biometric card it's going to look like! Apparently what happen is that you receive all your documents back with a letter saying if your application has been successful and then the biometric card comes separately. But tomorrow you'll receive your letter and all documents back! So ao good !
I will sure update you. I don't think it will be delivered tomorrow because it did state they will deliver Saturday if I paid for Saturday delivery. I didn't so it's likely going to be delivered on Monday .

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:47 am

Annebee wrote:
sidcostas wrote:
I will sure update you. I don't think it will be delivered tomorrow because it did state they will deliver Saturday if I paid for Saturday delivery. I didn't so it's likely going to be delivered on Monday .
Annebee your case based ror init?
I applied in 7 Aug
Biometric done 20 Aug
But I havnt received my Coa yet... Is that normal? My case based ror too.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:52 am

I will sure update you. I don't think it will be delivered tomorrow because it did state they will deliver Saturday if I paid for Saturday delivery. I didn't so it's likely going to be delivered on Monday .[/quote]
I applied in 7 Aug
Biometric done 20 Aug
But I havnt received my Coa yet... Is that normal? My case based ror too.[/quote]

I got my COA 3 weeks from the date I submitted biometrics. U will receive it soon

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Sat Sep 12, 2015 9:50 am

Annebee wrote:I will sure update you. I don't think it will be delivered tomorrow because it did state they will deliver Saturday if I paid for Saturday delivery. I didn't so it's likely going to be delivered on Monday .
I applied in 7 Aug
Biometric done 20 Aug
But I havnt received my Coa yet... Is that normal? My case based ror too.[/quote]

I got my COA 3 weeks from the date I submitted biometrics. U will receive it soon[/quote]

I'm so exciting to know the outcome of your application
Our case is similar
Hope you got it and show you the pr

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:17 am

the wait is over, I can't thank God enough..
I have recieved my docs with my PR approval letter. The biometric PR card will be delivered within working days.

Things seems to be speeding up. I wish everyone waiting the very best.

I can't thank enough the forum members who devot their time in helping others with invaluable advices.

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:53 am

Congrats to you all who have received your PR.
Annebee, did you request your passport with your ror during your application? How many years did you have left on your ror?
Have a wonderful Saturday.

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:12 pm

Nyamebeye wrote:Congrats to you all who have received your PR.
Annebee, did you request your passport with your ror during your application? How many years did you have left on your ror?
Have a wonderful Saturday.
I didn't request my passwort back because I had no need for it. My Ror was valid till 2019

Nyamebeye

Post by Nyamebeye » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:29 pm

Was the ror cancelled?

Forza_RC
Member of Standing

Post by Forza_RC » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:46 am

Annebee wrote:the wait is over, I can't thank God enough..
I have recieved my docs with my PR approval letter. The biometric PR card will be delivered within working days.

I can't thank enough the forum members who devot their time in helping others with invaluable advices.
A VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS Annebee! It feels good ha? :) Enjoy your trips abroad!

akz

Post by akz » Sun Sep 13, 2015 12:41 pm

CONGRATULATIONS
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

Jennmac
Newly Registered

Post by Jennmac » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:30 am

Hello,

I applied for PR (non EU) in July but I'm already fed up of the wait!

My timeline so far is:
01/07/15: application sent
02/07/15: application received
03/07/15: payment taken
10/07/15: Biometrics letter (received 11/07)
17/07/15: biometrics enrolled (biometric enrollment delayed as post office were waiting on a replacement part! )
30/07/15: COA (received 08/07/15)

Out of curiosity, has anyone found a difference in processing times for unmarried partners vs spouses?

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:38 am

oww im so happy for you @ Annebee, This is such a long wait, so maybe I will have my good news this weeks or next week if things speeds up at the HO with the new Biometric format, @ Annebee please let us know how long it has taken to receive your Biometric Pr after receiving the letter, also what does it say on the approval letter?
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Is there anyone in this forum that have applied in April? If yes please shares yore timeline.

Good Luck to Everyone

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:57 am

Jennmac wrote:Hello,

I applied for PR (non EU) in July but I'm already fed up of the wait!

My timeline so far is:
01/07/15: application sent
02/07/15: application received
03/07/15: payment taken
10/07/15: Biometrics letter (received 11/07)
17/07/15: biometrics enrolled (biometric enrollment delayed as post office were waiting on a replacement part! )
30/07/15: COA (received 08/07/15)

Out of curiosity, has anyone found a difference in processing times for unmarried partners vs spouses?

Hi @ Jennmac, Ihave applied end of April and still waiting, All the non-EU in this forum has been waiting for around 5 Months, so you better relax not to get frustrated, It Makes no difference if you applied as Spouse, Civil partner or Unmarried Partner. As it all goes to the Permanent Migration department at the Home office, The only difference would be if your Partner is British and you Applied for Indefinitive Leave to Remain, that maybe is a bit quicker and can even be done at the HO premium services.

Good luck.

Please if there is anyone else that applied in April share your timeline.

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:15 am

Hello there!
I applied in the middle of June and still waiting for COA to arrive

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:15 am

Hello there!

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:30 am

aukro wrote:Hello there!

hi @ Aukro, Have you received the Biometric enrolment letter? Did you submit your Biometrics? For sure you need to talk to HO because the COA should only take around 3 weeks after you enrol biometrics, Unless you are not entitled to receive COA with right to work, In what Category did you Apply? I would contact the Ho asking about the COA, Bellow is the e-mail to request COA.

COA request:

nweurocoarequests@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

contact no 03001232253

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:08 pm

sidcostas wrote: hi @ Aukro, Have you received the Biometric enrolment letter? Did you submit your Biometrics? For sure you need to talk to HO because the COA should only take around 3 weeks after you enrol biometrics, Unless you are not entitled to receive COA with right to work, In what Category did you Apply? I would contact the Ho asking about the COA, Bellow is the e-mail to request COA.

COA request:

contact no 03001232253
Thank you very much sidcostas!
I've just written them an email, after work I'll give them a ring.
My time line is next
15.06.2015 application with HO
15.08.2015 biometric letter arrived and I enrolled it the same day
Since then nothing happened

zeb77

Post by zeb77 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:26 pm

aukro wrote:Hello there!
hello aurko
if u havent got COA write an email to ;

i was in same situation and afyer writing to them i receieved myCOA with in next 3 days

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:39 pm

[quote="Annebee"]the wait is over, I can't thank God enough..

I can't thank enough the forum members who devot their time in helping others with invaluable advices.[/quote]

Hello Annebee , Congratulation on securing your PR. If you do not mind could you please reply to the following questions as i am also getting ready for PR based on ROR.

1 on the issue of exthe address and status question , what did you finaly put?
2 you have also mentioned that you already had biometric taken some time ago (i am in the same position), did you gave them the details of the old one or did you do biometrics again?
3 i know you do not like spoonfeeding :lol: but do you mind letting me know if you wrote a cover note and if yes can we have a template without your personal cicumstances of course. or did you quote the directive in the letter, if yes what did you quote.

thanks in advance for your help. :)
GOD BLESS!!!