ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Form question and queries for PEO Appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

misscherubic
Newly Registered

FLR M Form question and queries for PEO Appointment

Post by misscherubic » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:04 am

Hello All
Thanks in advance for your time and valuable input

So here it goes, we are applying for extension of my stay in UK as wife of a British citizen. A bit of back ground

I entered UK legally as a student in 2009 then extended my stay on PSW and whilst on PSW I met my husband and we got married in 2013. Then we applied for my Visa to stay in UK as wife of a British Citizen and got visa granted for 30months in 2013.

Few queries and Questions

1. I have a PEO appointment and I have the form FLR M – is this the correct form

2. The Visa that I was granted in 2013 for 30months, was it called a Spouse Visa or leave to remain (Q3 tells reason for this question)

3. Now as per the form, i am slightly confused as question 2.2 of the form reads –

2.2 Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

Now, what should i answer to THIS – Yes or No

2.1 on form
2.1 Please tick a box below to show us the category in which you are applying for an extension of stay in the UK and to confirm that you are also applying for a biometric immigration document
We answered A - Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and a biometric immigration document.

4. Now, furthermore, the question 2.3 do not feel straight forward to me as I am unsure what to say to it.

2.3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to extend your current leave in one of the above categories.

Option A
First period of leave to remain (following an initial period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner of a settled person - 6 months)

Option B#
Second period of leave to remain (following initial grant of leave to remain).

I don’t think the other options i.e. C, D, E or F applies to us as we applied from within the UK and I was not of a fiancé visa etc when we got married. Please help

5. English Language Requirement

I did my Masters in UK, graduated in 2010. My understanding is – i can give my University degree certificate to meet the English language requirement as it meets the ‘’specified evidence’’ criteria as per guidance
It shows, my name, name of university, year of award (2010) and type of qualification(MSc) However, it nowhere on the degree certificate says it was ‘’taught in english’

Now common sense says any degree taught in UK will be in English and no other language, would Home Office use that logic and clear me for a English language requirement fulfilled as they did the first time around

6. lastly
PEO Appointment

We have paid online for the application to be able to book the appointment
So have the payment sheet. Now no where I could find that this £1049 fees (£649 form and £400 premium fee) includes Biometric fee or this needs paying additionally prior to appointment
People who have had appointments at PEO have said they were called for biometrics but no one said if they paid additionally on top of £1049 prior to appointment or at the PEO, so please help me find this out and sign post to any guidance if you know one to put my paranoia at rest

Much obliged with your kindness

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: FLR M Form question and queries for PEO Appointment

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 11:12 am

1. Yes FLR(M) is correct, don't forget the financial appendices that need to also be completed. You will also have to pay the health surcharge of £500 before you apply.

2. Yes, spouse visa is what you have, it is also called a 'settlement visa'.

3. Re 2.2 you answer yes as this is your FIRST extension.

2.1 Yes, correct to select 'spouse of person settled....' etc.

2.3 Option B

5. Yes, degree certificate will meet the English requirement.

6. If you apply in person, there is no extra 'biometric fee'. It is part of the process on the day of your appointment and you will be called to submit your biometrics while there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

misscherubic
Newly Registered

Post by misscherubic » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:24 pm

CR001 wrote:1. Yes FLR(M) is correct, don't forget the financial appendices that need to also be completed. You will also have to pay the health surcharge of £500 before you apply.

Many thanks for your reply

we have paid the surcharge as a part of booking the appointment (in fact paid it twice due to technical issue on website and home office helpline advised to request a refund of the first payment which I will do as and when I feel bit relieved of pressure created by this application LOL)

You mentioned some ''financial appendices'' I am sorry I am not with it, what are the appendices you referring to, is it a separate form that I need to complete in addition to main application form? if yes, can you please link the form or give more details so that i can find the form

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:01 pm

Sorry, my error, it is only FLR(M) and I had misread your post and answered the question based on applications made from outside the UK which require Appendix FM.

FLR(M) contains the relevant financial requirements section.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

amanchdhry
Newly Registered

Post by amanchdhry » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:25 pm

I think you will have to say no as this is the 2nd time you're applying for an extension under Spouse Visa or FLR(M).

i've booked an appointment for FLR(M) too in liver pool this month. i've checked my form & my solicitor has marked NO (2Nd extension) for this same question.