ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC Form - Ooops! Made mistakes

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

1400 Years

EC Form - Ooops! Made mistakes

Post by 1400 Years » Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:55 pm

didn't check (as in didn't put a cross in) the question that asks if i "have ever applied at home office to remain in the uk" - well, i have never applied to remain in the uk, but i didn't check it.

second, filled in information about children in a box where it was not needed; my children won't be accompanying me, anyway, and i didn't submit their passports, which is clear that they won't accompany me.

but will these mistakes pose any problems? :-P

Dawie
Diamond Member

Post by Dawie » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:19 pm

didn't check (as in didn't put a cross in) the question that asks if i "have ever applied at home office to remain in the uk" - well, i have never applied to remain in the uk, but i didn't check it.
Well surely you haven't made a mistake then?
In a few years time we'll look back on immigration control like we look back on American prohibition in the thirties - futile and counter-productive.

gorajim

Post by gorajim » Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:28 pm

I thought - and its just a random thought based on someone else's post - that the HO needs hard evidence that one intends to make UK one's first home (HSMP). In which case, if you don't plan on bringing along your children, won't that be an issue? Any idea how it works with the HO?

Just a passing thought mate... Seniors, maybe some of you can shed some light here.

1400 Years

Post by 1400 Years » Wed Nov 07, 2007 4:05 pm

dawie, i mean i neither crossed out the yes box nor the no box. the question just got left out altogether. and some information on children got put in the wrong box; when i should have left it blank. so i wonder if that is going to be a problem.

gorajim, i have written in my cover letter that i do not intend to bring my family out to uk until i can secure proper work and accommodation. they are with me here in the middle east already - and i do not belong here. so i believe not bringing them out initially is fair enough, unless the home office/entry clearance officer wants me to take recourse to public funds to support my family as well. :-P