ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hsmp_apr2010

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by hsmp_apr2010 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:03 am

Ok guys I want to share my child's MN1 application update.
UPDATE:

Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Date and Method of application: 09/06/2015, NCS
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/06/2015
Date of debit of fees: 18/06/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/06/2015
Date of biometric letter: 24/06/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 24/06/2015
Date of receipt of approval: N/A
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 12/09/2015 (dated 10/09/2015)
I applied in June and received my registration today. So it looks like HO is clearing up their backlog quickly. So hang on, yours will be on its way soon. Best of Luck..

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:56 am

applied 2nd june for my son and got certificate today thanks to all best of luck for all of you

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Sat Sep 12, 2015 2:33 pm

Dear Everyone
I received my ILR card last week on the basis of 10 yrs. Our baby is 1 yr old and born in here, we didn't make any passport for her. I heard that she will get Brit PP directly (but not sure). Please guide me

1. which form
2. what documents
3. Fees

I need to send??

Many many thanks.

Kind Regards
Tuhin

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi Goodmann

Where was your child born. If going for section 1(3) only one parent on ilr is enough. In my case I got ilr and my wife is my dependant I got my son registration done on my basis my son was born in UK. If your child was born abroad then u have to check guide notes for mn1.

Good luck
goodmann wrote:hi arkadas, pls help confirm if only one parent with settled status is enough to register uk-born child for citizenship. it appears the Guidance notes is implying both parents
arkadaskilic wrote:Hi All,

Please find our timeline below. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: section 1(3);
Method of application: NCS (Hertforshire County Council) 01/05/2015
Biometric enrolment: 01/06/2015
Cerificate of registration date: 07/09/2015
Date of Post Received : 11/09/2015

Regards
Arkadas

iffi786

Post by iffi786 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:43 pm

hsmp_apr2010 wrote:Ok guys I want to share my child's MN1 application update.
UPDATE:

Eligibility criteria: Section 1(3)
Date and Method of application: 09/06/2015, NCS
Date of receipt by UKBA: 10/06/2015
Date of debit of fees: 18/06/2015
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 20/06/2015
Date of biometric letter: 24/06/2015
Date biometrics enrolled: 24/06/2015
Date of receipt of approval: N/A
Date of receipt of registration certificate: 12/09/2015 (dated 10/09/2015)
I applied in June and received my registration today. So it looks like HO is clearing up their backlog quickly. So hang on, yours will be on its way soon. Best of Luck..
Hello got for my son today what is next process for passport

Dec17

Post by Dec17 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:28 pm

By the grace of god I have recived my 2son certificate today ,long wait is over now ..applied 27th April (NCS Ealing),I don't have any travel plan now is it still possible for me to apply the passport throug fast track ,when I book appointment they will ask me about any travel plan ? Plz advice me any one go throug such a procedure . Thx every one ,congrats all who got the certificate and good luck to every one who still waiting for the certificate , it's look like HO processing fast so every one will get soon .

justin1106
Newly Registered

Post by justin1106 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:07 am

For info,
- my son is 2 years old.
- I am on ILR (originally Tier1)
- My son' s Tier 1 dependent expired whilst the application was being considered (in May 2015)
- My wife's Tier 1 dependent visa also expired and she is now on FLR(M)

Going to apply for Fast track Passport now.

Hope it helps someone. Goodluck.[/quote]

can I pls ask one questions. you said you wife currently under FLM(m) visa, I want to ask that when your wife apply for FLM(M) visa, what is the amount of financial requirements ? is 18600 or 22600? because you got one child although he have not apply for FLM(M).

I got the same situation as yours. my two son applying MN1 currently, still pending. however, my wife will have to apply for FLM(M) before her current visa (t1 G) expire. I have ask quite a few solicitors , someone said I just provide financial requirement 18600, because I just spouse one person, my wife. but someone said I have to provide 24800, because I got two boys although they are till waiting for the result of MN1. right mow , I am really confused , I can not found any official answer through policy guild.

So can you pls tell me how much you provide when your wife apply for FLM(M) . many many thanks.[/quote]

Hi Justin1106,

I thought my reply may help you.if your two son still waiting for MN1 decision then your income requirements would be £24800 otherwise you wife may get refused. Recently same happened to one of my friend and his wife got refused due to the amount was under the threshold required for 1 child they had.

My suggestions would be , do not apply if your wife has got valid leave still and wait until theirs come back then the threshold would be £18600.I am also in same situation and I am waiting for my kids mn1 to be done first.In my friends case they even checked and mentioned even though your child applied for mn1 but no decision yet so they refused her.

Can I ask when your wife's visa expires? When did you apply for your 2 kids?[/quote]

really thanks for your information.my wife's visa will expire on mid of October . I apply for MN1 and myself's AN on the mid of MAY, still waiting:((. hopefully I will get approved next week. good luck.

www.london
Newly Registered

Post by www.london » Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:53 am

tuhin wrote:Dear Everyone
I received my ILR card last week on the basis of 10 yrs. Our baby is 1 yr old and born in here, we didn't make any passport for her. I heard that she will get Brit PP directly (but not sure). Please guide me

1. which form
2. what documents
3. Fees

I need to send??

Many many thanks.

Kind Regards
Tuhin
Answer to your 1st question is NO, Child born in the UK who's parents are settled in the UK are entitled to register as British Citizen but they cannot get their passport straight away

To register your child you required the following documents

1. Form MN1
2. Child Original Birth Certificate
3. Yours and Yours wife's recent passports.
4. Yours and Your wife's ILR BRPs
5. Complete fee slip ( https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... _07_21.pdf)
5. current fee for registering a CHILD as British Citizen is £749/per child

There are two ways you can apply
1 - NCS (Nationality Checking Service) via your local council (you might need an appointment for this) if your council does not have appointment available do not waste your time try any other council as you can apply via any council). Normally council will check your original documents on spot and they will return your original documents back to you.
2. Via POST - In this case you have to send all of the original documents via post to HO.

I hope this helps you to make your application.

Good Luck...make your application asap as current per current time line it can take up to 6 months

tuhin

Post by tuhin » Sun Sep 13, 2015 6:16 pm

www.london wrote:

1. which form
2. what documents
3. Fees

I need to send??

Many many thanks.

Kind Regards
Tuhin
Answer to your 1st question is NO, Child born in the UK who's parents are settled in the UK are entitled to register as British Citizen but they cannot get their passport straight away

1. Form MN1

1 - NCS (Nationality Checking Service) via your local council (you might need an appointment for this) if your council does not have appointment available do not waste your time try any other council as you can apply via any council). Normally council will check your original documents on spot and they will return your original documents back to you.
2. Via POST - In this case you have to send all of the original documents via post to HO.

Good Luck...make your application asap as current per current time line it can take up to 6 months

Many many thanks for your reply Brother....

2 more quires:

1. all of these procedures for registering the baby, but when she will get the PP?

2. as per MN1 guide page 28-29, I can't see anywhere that I need to send my PP + ILR card (you mentioned in point 4), Plz correct me if I'm wrong??

Many many thanks.

Kind Regards
T

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:33 pm

Thank you for your response.
My child is uk-born.
Pls also advise, must i send my original brp card?
Allesheikh wrote:Hi Goodmann

Where was your child born. If going for section 1(3) only one parent on ilr is enough. In my case I got ilr and my wife is my dependant I got my son registration done on my basis my son was born in UK. If your child was born abroad then u have to check guide notes for mn1.

Good luck
goodmann wrote:hi arkadas, pls help confirm if only one parent with settled status is enough to register uk-born child for citizenship. it appears the Guidance notes is implying both parents
arkadaskilic wrote:Hi All,

Please find our timeline below. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Application Timeline
Method of application: NCS (Hertforshire County Council) 01/05/2015
Biometric enrolment: 01/06/2015
Cerificate of registration date: 07/09/2015
Date of Post Received : 11/09/2015

Regards
Arkadas
We Live by God's Grace

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:42 am

Hi Justin

Don't get confused you have to show £18600 any child born in UK and either parent gets settled in UK, they are free from immigration control. Flr m guide notes says you don't have to consider your children because they are not under immigration control or something like that you can check guide notes.

In my case I got ilr March 2015 applied for my wife before my son application I mentioned in my cover that that I will be applying for my sons registration and according to flr m guide notes my son is not subject to immigration control.

Just mention everything in your cover letter and you should be fine remember to spoon feed home office.

Good luck

justin1106 wrote:For info,
- my son is 2 years old.
- I am on ILR (originally Tier1)
- My son' s Tier 1 dependent expired whilst the application was being considered (in May 2015)
- My wife's Tier 1 dependent visa also expired and she is now on FLR(M)

Going to apply for Fast track Passport now.

Hope it helps someone. Goodluck.
can I pls ask one questions. you said you wife currently under FLM(m) visa, I want to ask that when your wife apply for FLM(M) visa, what is the amount of financial requirements ? is 18600 or 22600? because you got one child although he have not apply for FLM(M).

I got the same situation as yours. my two son applying MN1 currently, still pending. however, my wife will have to apply for FLM(M) before her current visa (t1 G) expire. I have ask quite a few solicitors , someone said I just provide financial requirement 18600, because I just spouse one person, my wife. but someone said I have to provide 24800, because I got two boys although they are till waiting for the result of MN1. right mow , I am really confused , I can not found any official answer through policy guild.

So can you pls tell me how much you provide when your wife apply for FLM(M) . many many thanks.[/quote]

Hi Justin1106,

I thought my reply may help you.if your two son still waiting for MN1 decision then your income requirements would be £24800 otherwise you wife may get refused. Recently same happened to one of my friend and his wife got refused due to the amount was under the threshold required for 1 child they had.

My suggestions would be , do not apply if your wife has got valid leave still and wait until theirs come back then the threshold would be £18600.I am also in same situation and I am waiting for my kids mn1 to be done first.In my friends case they even checked and mentioned even though your child applied for mn1 but no decision yet so they refused her.

Can I ask when your wife's visa expires? When did you apply for your 2 kids?[/quote]

really thanks for your information.my wife's visa will expire on mid of October . I apply for MN1 and myself's AN on the mid of MAY, still waiting:((. hopefully I will get approved next week. good luck.[/quote]
Last edited by Allesheikh on Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:51 am

Hi

Yes you have to send original BRP card and full copy of your passport including blank pages.

Passport copy you can double check on guide notes can't remember if that requirement was for flr m or mn1 but I did send my passport copy and instead of my BRP card I've send original approval letter plus photo copy of my BRP card attested by solicitor.

Good luck.
goodmann wrote:Thank you for your response.
My child is uk-born.

Good luck

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:59 am

Hi Justin

Sorry that statement might not be on flr m guide notes you can also check Appendix FM Section 1.7 which is detailed explanation for financial requirement it is definitely there and you can give reference of that statement in your cover letter.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Ali

goodmann

Post by goodmann » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:56 am

Many thanks Allesheikh, your response is very helpful
Allesheikh wrote:Hi

Yes you have to send original BRP card and full copy of your passport including blank pages.

Passport copy you can double check on guide notes can't remember if that requirement was for flr m or mn1 but I did send my passport copy and instead of my BRP card I've send original approval letter plus photo copy of my BRP card attested by solicitor.

Good luck.
goodmann wrote:Thank you for your response.
My child is uk-born.

Good luck
We Live by God's Grace

www.london
Newly Registered

Post by www.london » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:19 am

tuhin wrote:
www.london wrote:

1. which form
2. what documents
3. Fees

I need to send??

Many many thanks.

Kind Regards
Tuhin

1. Form MN1

Many many thanks for your reply Brother....

2 more quires:

1. all of these procedures for registering the baby, but when she will get the PP?

2. as per MN1 guide page 28-29, I can't see anywhere that I need to send my PP + ILR card (you mentioned in point 4), Plz correct me if I'm wrong??

Many many thanks.

Kind Regards
T
here is additional information on this forum.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 95747.html

Also have a look at council website for further information on nationality checking service

When your child registration will complete and approved you will then get a Registration certificate and then you can apply for British Passport

jnikki4u

Post by jnikki4u » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:36 am

Hi,

Hopefully I will receive my Babys Certificate this week . After that what is the procedure to apply for Fast Track passport and what doucments do we have to submit ?

Kind regards
Nikki

chowkal

Post by chowkal » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:57 am

Hi
I saw one update on July appoval posted on the regular window. And then it was locked by admin, advising to post here..
I just want to confirm if that's correct update. Is HO that quick now? Can someone advise pls?

Thanks

Sasiay456
Newly Registered

Post by Sasiay456 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi that great news for me.. Where did yiu see it? What were the dates did you see the date of application etc?? I applied in july and waiting eagerly for the approval need to travel!!!
Though i know june applications are noe getting approvals!
chowkal wrote:Hi
I saw one update on July appoval posted on the regular window. And then it was locked by admin, advising to post here..
I just want to confirm if that's correct update. Is HO that quick now? Can someone advise pls?

Thanks

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:51 pm

anybody in my situation in this forum, applied in April through NCS/Post and still waiting.. :(

hadi2012

Post by hadi2012 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:57 pm

BSR80 wrote:anybody in my situation in this forum, applied in April through NCS/Post and still waiting.. :(
Hi BSR80 I applied for my daughter on 2nd April and home office received 07/04/15 . I am also still waiting . Now is two week less than 6 month also . Wait.........

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:00 pm

BSR80 wrote:anybody in my situation in this forum, applied in April through NCS/Post and still waiting.. :(

In my opinion , there will be still allot of people waiting even from March 2015 . No body can be sure when they will get the out come but as per standard HO rule , you have to wait for 6 months before you call them for any updates . If you take it general ( just for your satisfaction) most of the application are completed by 6 months as mentioned on HO website. Now comes a part that some people from July 2015 are receiving there approval as discussed in this post but i am not sure if there is any case. Please don't put any thing on the basis of updates here as they are really few compared to the actual application applied.

I known myself couple of my friends who got there MN1 approved within 2 months of there application submission in the month of March 2015 . So sit tight and relax it will be on it's way .... I request members to keep this post as normal update post only for MN1

Good luck!
Thanks

Ali

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:04 pm

Forget to add..

I am hopeful that there will be allot of approvals in the pipeline due to following reasons:

1) Summer vacation long gone now :(
2) Most of the application are reaching there SLA ( Service level agreement ) of 6 months so have to be decided . Please note the outcome/ case decided always means Approved , rejected or further information required as per my understanding.
3) HO staff is back on work
Thanks

Ali

justin1106
Newly Registered

Post by justin1106 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:06 am

Allesheikh wrote:Hi Justin

Sorry that statement might not be on flr m guide notes you can also check Appendix FM Section 1.7 which is detailed explanation for financial requirement it is definitely there and you can give reference of that statement in your cover letter.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Ali

hi Allesheikh,

really thanks for your information. can I ask you that does your wife's Flm(m) application approved?
your meaning is that when my wife apply for FLM(m) , just some information in the cover letter, "due to my sons were born in the UK, and both of them were under MN1 application process, so they are not under the immigration control ", then I just need provide 18600 financial requirement is enough? is it right?

many thanks!

mariomcse
Newly Registered

Post by mariomcse » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:59 am

Hi fellow forum friends

It is a relief to know that there are others that are also still waiting from March and April.
Below is our timeline:

Application Timeline for our son:
Method of application: NCS Richmond
Date of application:26-03-15
Date of receipt by UKBA: 30-03-15
Date of debit of fees: 15-04-15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 18-04-15
Date of receipt of approval: Awaiting
Date of receipt of documents:Awaiting
Date of receipt of registration certificate: Awaiting
Date of Post Received : Awaiting

aliq09 wrote:

In my opinion , there will be still allot of people waiting even from March 2015 . No body can be sure when they will get the out come but as per standard HO rule , you have to wait for 6 months before you call them for any updates . If you take it general ( just for your satisfaction) most of the application are completed by 6 months as mentioned on HO website. Now comes a part that some people from July 2015 are receiving there approval as discussed in this post but i am not sure if there is any case. Please don't put any thing on the basis of updates here as they are really few compared to the actual application applied.

I known myself couple of my friends who got there MN1 approved within 2 months of there application submission in the month of March 2015 . So sit tight and relax it will be on it's way .... I request members to keep this post as normal update post only for MN1

Good luck!

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:11 pm

Thanks for your response Ali, Hadi and mari.. I think only few left in this forum who applied in Mar and Apr..
@Hadi - have you applied through NCS/Post.. if NCS then let us know which one it is..
@Mari- Did you contact them? any response?