ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non-EEA parents to Ireland - to join EU family member

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sali11

non-EEA parents to Ireland - to join EU family member

Post by sali11 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:57 am

Hi
I am a british citizen residing in UK at the moment. I am planning to get my parents to Ireland to later exercise my free movement rights there.
On INIS wesbite http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family ... 20citizens, it says:

If you are a non-EEA national:

who does not hold a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” as referred to in Articles 5(2) and 10(1) of Directive 2004/38/EC on the rights of citizens of the Union and their family members to move and reside freely within the territory of Member States, and
wishes to accompany or join an EU/EEA/Swiss citizen family member who is moving to or residing in Ireland pursuant to the Directive 2004/38/EC,

I know that I will need to be living in Ireland to exercise my treaty rights but my question is that when my parents apply for visit visa to Ireland, do I need to be in Ireland at that time or could we mention that I will be moving to Ireland once parents' visa is granted?

Pti2323

Re: non-EEA parents to Ireland - to join EU family member

Post by Pti2323 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:22 am

You have the option between Accompanied and join visa.

For accompanied you dont have to be living in ireland but will need to accompany Non EEA family members to ireland once they get the visa.

sali11

Post by sali11 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:38 am

Pti2323 wrote:You have the option between Accompanied and join visa.

For accompanied you dont have to be living in ireland but will need to accompany Non EEA family members to ireland once they get the visa.
Thank for the prompt response - that's very helpful.
The visa category is going to be the same in both cases, so, it's just the covering later which needs to specify whether it is "Joining" or "Accompany" type application?

Cheers

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:59 pm

Absolutely. For join visa it shows your already in ireland excercing your treaty rights. Which means extra docs. On the other hand Accompanied visa is an easy process with less hassle.

sali11

Post by sali11 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:34 pm

Pti2323 wrote:Absolutely. For join visa it shows your already in ireland excercing your treaty rights. Which means extra docs. On the other hand Accompanied visa is an easy process with less hassle.
Thanks,

1. So, I can travel from UK to Ireland and my parents can travel from Pakistan to Ireland?
2. Would I need to show my ticket with the application?

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:29 am

sali11 wrote:[<span id="IL_AD10" class="IL_AD">quote</span>="Pti2323"]Absolutely. For join visa it shows your already in ireland excercing your treaty rights. Which means extra docs. On the other hand Accompanied visa is an easy process with less hassle.
Thanks,

1. So, I can travel from UK to Ireland and my parents can travel from Pakistan to Ireland?
2. Would I need to show my ticket with the application?[/quote]

Nope.
1. For accompanied visa you will have to travel with them to ireland from pakistan. As the border comtrol will clearly see "acc" on thier visa which means EEA national not accompanying them will create all sorts of problems. Also ive heared even pakistani immigration wud now not let them board until accomoanied by EEA national.

2. No requiremts at all for tickets cinfirmation for application purposes under directive

sali11

Post by sali11 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:21 am

Pti2323 wrote: 1. For accompanied visa you will have to travel with them to ireland from pakistan. As the border comtrol will clearly see "acc" on thier visa which means EEA national not accompanying them will create all sorts of problems. Also ive heared even pakistani immigration wud now not let them board until accomoanied by EEA national.
Thanks for your reply.
So, the only requirement is that I travel with them from Pakistan? I can be in UK when they apply for visa (means the supporting documents I will provide would clearly show that I am in UK and not in Pakistan).
Thanks

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:47 am

As long as u provide a covering letter stating u will be accompanying them to Ireland to exercise your treaty rights, your fine.

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:49 am

They just need your passport copy and that covering letter from you. Its best you stay in uk until they get the visa because nowadays EU family member visa is taking ,ore than 12 weeks

Pti2323

Post by Pti2323 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:54 am

Just to let you know - about parents there could be issues like dependancies. I am absolutely not aware of it. You better research on that wether u need to show they are dependant in you or not. For a spouse of EEA national there is no such requirement

sali11

Post by sali11 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:23 am

Pti2323 wrote:Just to let you know - about parents there could be issues like dependancies. I am absolutely not aware of it. You better research on that wether u need to show they are dependant in you or not. For a spouse of EEA national there is no such requirement
Thanks very much - really appreciate your views and replies.
My parents are financially dependent on me for years.
If it doesn't make any difference whether or not I am in Ireland when they apply for their visa then I will stay in UK until their visa is granted. This minimizes risk for me as otherwise, I was planning to leave my UK job, move to Ireland and then apply for my parent's visa - the risk being, if their visa is refused, I would have lost my job, UK for nothing.