ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tenancy contract

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

navodwickra

Tenancy contract

Post by navodwickra » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:17 pm

Quick question regarding spouse visa extension.

Do I need to add my wife's name to the Tenancy contract? I have enough other documents to back up co-habitation.

Kind regards
Navod

Casa
United Kingdom

Re: Tenancy contract

Post by Casa » Sun Sep 13, 2015 7:35 pm

No, as long as you have the required evidence for co-habitation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:13 am

Casa wrote:No, as long as you have the required evidence for co-habitation.
Thanks a lot Casa, it will save me a some money. Yes I do have other utility bills which I can prove co-habitation.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:39 am

Try to ensure they are spread as evenly as possible over the whole period. Generally one piece of evidence in joint names every 4 months. If all are in single names, you'll need 12 in total instead of 6.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:32 pm

Casa wrote:Try to ensure they are spread as evenly as possible over the whole period. Generally one piece of evidence in joint names every 4 months. If all are in single names, you'll need 12 in total instead of 6.
Thanks Casa, I've got Council tax for the whole two years and then Gas for about a year and then joint banks statements for about 18 months. Hope that's enough.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:10 pm

TV licence? Doctor's registration? NHS letters? The proof of address doesn't need to be only official documents or bills.
(Casa, not CR001)

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:53 pm

Casa wrote:TV licence? Doctor's registration? NHS letters? The proof of address doesn't need to be only official documents or bills.
No TV licence since we don;t watch TV. We do have some NHS letters from the hospital but that's just for my wife. I haven't had any letters from NHS. I thought they only need evidence from three different source.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:09 pm

navodwickra wrote:
Casa wrote:TV licence? Doctor's registration? NHS letters? The proof of address doesn't need to be only official documents or bills.
No TV licence since we don;t watch TV. We do have some NHS letters from the hospital but that's just for my wife. I haven't had any letters from NHS. I thought they only need evidence from three different source.

EDIT: I think we also have P45 document each.

Bucki

Post by Bucki » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:39 am

as you speak about Council Tax, and Utility bills!

is this also valid in my case:

- living at my parents place
- have my own double bed room
- house itself is big enough for her to move in

Are these required:

- Council Tax; if so how many?
- Tenancy Agreement; showing my name on it as a tenant
- Utility bills; I do not have any bills tho' -
- could possibly get a letter from GP showing my living address?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:46 am

navodwickra wrote:
navodwickra wrote:

EDIT: I think we also have P45 document each.

Yes, correct from 3 different sources. It may be useful to include the NHS letter addressed to your wife, but not essential if you're confident what you have covers the whole period evenly.
(Casa, not CR001)

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:35 pm

Casa wrote:
navodwickra wrote:

Yes, correct from 3 different sources. It may be useful to include the NHS letter addressed to your wife, but not essential if you're confident what you have covers the whole period evenly.
Yeah I think I'll give them those too but I am not sure how much they can help since I don;t have any NHS letters under my name. Thanks a lot Casa, will update this thread after the appointment.

navodwickra

Post by navodwickra » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:37 pm

Bucki wrote:as you speak about Council Tax, and Utility bills!

is this also valid in my case:

- living at my parents place
- have my own double bed room
- house itself is big enough for her to move in

Are these required:

- Council Tax; if so how many?
- Tenancy Agreement; showing my name on it as a tenant
- Utility bills; I do not have any bills tho' -
- could possibly get a letter from GP showing my living address?
Council Tax and Utility bills are nice to have. I think one council tax bill per year, so about couple. You can get a letter from your parents regarding your situation mentioning that booth of you are living with them.

navodwickra

Renewing tenancy agreement and VISA

Post by navodwickra » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:07 am

Hi All,

Our tenancy agreement due to expire on 30th November and I went in yesterday to get it renewed. But they(property agency) refused it saying my wifes VISA runs out on December. I explained to them that we have an appointment with the HO in the first week of October and after that I can provide them with the new VISA. So they said they will wait till she get her VISA extended.

They only agree to it because it is a premium appointment and they don;t have to wait for months. But in the case of a postal application they said they won;t wait and they will put the property for rent.

I don't know what you guys think but this is serious. VISA never syncs with property contracts. It will with Employment or studies but never with property contracts.

P.S : This new rule comes out in 1st December I think.

regards
Navod

vinny

Re: Renewing tenancy agreement and VISA

Post by vinny » Sun Sep 27, 2015 8:36 am

It may be messy if the UKVI wants to see a valid tenancy agreement before granting leave and the landlord wants to see valid leave before granting the tenancy.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

navodwickra

Re: Renewing tenancy agreement and VISA

Post by navodwickra » Sun Sep 27, 2015 1:07 pm

vinny wrote:It may be messy if the UKVI wants to see a valid tenancy agreement before granting leave and the landlord wants to see valid leave before granting the tenancy.
Thanks for the link vinny, looks like this will be a huge problem in the future. Luckily we chose the one day service but I can't imagine what would happen to people who choose to post the application. HO should think through about these matters before impose such laws.