ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed - IHS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

urgent help needed - IHS

Post by newuser79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:07 am

Dear Experts,

I made a payment for my sons application ( dependent applicant ) for IHS

Even after i received the confirmation message and email saying payment was successful. it still says pay for IHS on the online application form

Can you please let me know what i need to do.

when i click the option pay for IHS and continue, it says there is a system error and doesnt let me do anything

I have my appointment this wednesday. please help

Thanks

aja
United Kingdom

Re: urgent help needed - IHS

Post by aja » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:45 am

Once you have made a successful payment, you would receive an email confirmation of the payment.
The email would also have a reference number starting with IHS .
You should be able to insert that reference number in your application.

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:56 am

aja wrote:Once you have made a successful payment, you would receive an email confirmation of the payment.
The email would also have a reference number starting with IHS .
You should be able to insert that reference number in your application.
Thank you very much for your reply

Yes I have a reference number for IHS payment- but the issue is its not letting me pay for the application without paying for the IHS. ( the system thinks i havent made the payment yet for IHS )

what do i do now

please help

aja
United Kingdom

Post by aja » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:10 am

Do you not have an option to insert the IHS reference number ?

if you do have, please try to enter the 9 digit number with and without the IHS prefix.

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:13 am

aja wrote:Do you not have an option to insert the IHS reference number ?

if you do have, please try to enter the 9 digit number with and without the IHS prefix.
sorry i dont have an option. It only gives me the option to pay for IHS ( which i have already done ).

so unless i make the payment i cant proceed to pay for the application

without calling that very expensive number ( £1.37 per minute ) is there any way to get this sorted. I have sent them an email aswell on this

Thanks,

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Hi,

can anyone help

I have sent an email to UK Visas and Immigration on the contact us page and received an email saying it could be a technical issue on their website and wait until its fixed.

Is there anything else i can do?

can i make another application ? what will happen to the IHS payment of £1000 i have already paid?

Please help

sanp7
Newly Registered

Post by sanp7 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:47 pm

You can try making another application and in the page where you need to pay the IHS, you can mention the reference number you received in the email.

I remember seeing a text box to input the reference number if you have already paid the IHS fee. Just give it a try. I hope it works.

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:21 pm

sanp7 wrote:You can try making another application and in the page where you need to pay the IHS, you can mention the reference number you received in the email.

I remember seeing a text box to input the reference number if you have already paid the IHS fee. Just give it a try. I hope it works.
Hi,

I just created an new application as per your advice and dont see any place to put my reference number

please help

what will happen if i pay again with this new application form? will they refund me my £1000 which i paid for IHS in my other application ( which i amnot going to use or may not be able to use )

please help experts

Thanks

sanp7
Newly Registered

Post by sanp7 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:58 pm

How are you making this application? Can you provide the link? Is yours tier 2 visa?

I just tired through https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... r2-general and I am seeing the text box to specify the reference number.

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:32 pm

Hi Again, thanks for reply again

I think its Because i am making this application outside UK. Hence i dont see the option to enter the reference number

what do i do now? i can make a new application and pay IHS again. but will i get my refund?

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

Thanks,

newuser79

sanp7
Newly Registered

Post by sanp7 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:50 pm

Ideally, the IHS fee will be refunded by the home office if the application is unsuccessful. Not really sure what will happen in your case if you make the another payment. Maybe once the system error is fixed, you will be able to apply for a refund from the system if you have not used that application.

I hope everything sorts out by tomorrow so wait till tomorrow before making another payment. Maybe by then some of the other members will be able to give you more clarity on the situation.

I know these are stressful situation. Don't worry, things will work out.

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:30 pm

Thank you very much!! yes i will wait for seniors/experts to comment on this

Will keep you posted

Regards

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:01 am

seniors please can someone help me

My appointment is tomo. my sons application is still not sorted

can i make another application for him and pay for his IHS again. will i get refund for the previous IHS paid

Thanks

ff88

Post by ff88 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:32 am

newuser79 wrote:seniors please can someone help me

My appointment is tomo. my sons application is still not sorted

can i make another application for him and pay for his IHS again. will i get refund for the previous IHS paid

Thanks
I think the best way to cancel your tomorrow appointment and wait until your IHS payment is sorted. You should contact their international query helpline paid service and explain to them. Hopefully they ll sort it out quickly.

newuser79
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by newuser79 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:55 am

Thank you. I finally did this

I called the number ( £1.37 per minute ) and explained them the situation. They admitted there is some issue with that very particular IHS payment.

They asked me to make a new application and pay the IHS amount again. They also said they will refund me the IHS payment paid before ( with different application number ) with in 3-4 weeks once i send them an email explaining the issues i had

OR

They asked me to wait for their technical team to get back to me with my query. They said it could take 7-10 days.

I cant wait 10 working days so i paid IHS again and then paid for my application and all ready to go tomorrow

Thanks for everyone who helped

I'm giving my explanation here so that others can benefit with what i went through and learn what i was suggested by UK VI

Regards