ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Sami123raj
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by Sami123raj » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:43 pm

AMirAbbasi wrote:UKVI email told me tht a decision has been made on 31 August, but when I ask abt IHS payment on 4 th sept'15, they confirmed me tht my case is escalated again! if they make a decision then why on earth they had to escalate my case rather than return my documents? 7 days passed still no news from Delhi! can anybody explain me wht is going on?
Congratulations to all who get the visa! Best of luck who r still waiting! pls remember me in ur prayers.
Hi,
I had similar problem but was sort by £15. I paid and replied with scan of payment reciept. I also haven't heard back. Did u get any further update on your case.

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi All,

I got the below mail from UK Visas & Immigration at 9:04 UK time on my family settlement visa application.

'Dear XXXX ,

GWF Reference No : GWFXXX

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai'

I hope this mail ensures the visa is granted, but waiting for further mail for documents collection. Below are the timelines for my family visa application which may be helpful to you guys.

Vfs office - Chennai
Visa type: Settlement Spouse & Child Visa
Date of application: 16-July-2015
Biometrics done : 16-July-2015
Application received at Chennai: 21-July-2015
Email from UKVI: 09-Sept-2015

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:54 pm

mariappanmrt wrote:Hi All,

I got the below mail from UK Visas & Immigration at 9:04 UK time on my family settlement visa application.

'Dear XXXX ,

GWF Reference No : GWFXXX

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai'

I hope this mail ensures the visa is granted, but waiting for further mail for documents collection. Below are the timelines for my family visa application which may be helpful to you guys.

Vfs office - Chennai
Visa type: Settlement Spouse & Child Visa
Date of application: 16-July-2015
Biometrics done : 16-July-2015
Application received at Chennai: 21-July-2015
Email from UKVI: 09-Sept-2015
Yes it's positive note, congrats!!

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:57 pm

Thanks Raju. Even I just got the below mail just an hour back, so finally made it. Will update you once I receive the visa in hand.

'Dear XXX,

The processed visa application for GWF reference number - GWFXXX was received at the UK Visa Application Centre on 9/9/2015 .
If a courier service was purchased from VFS Global, your processed application will be delivered to the chosen address.

If not, your documents can be collected during the designated passport collection times.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Celebrating 100 Million Applications!'

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Hi any information would be helpful.My husband has applied for his settlement visa on 30th july 2015 and still waiting for the response.We submitted our file in chandigarh on 30th july.This is the email he got today.

your reference; new delhi/*******
Thank you for your uk visa application.We aim to process applications.
Settlement within 60 working days.
Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. we will continue to progress your application and make a decision soon as possible.

That is just in brief with main points. Did anyone got such mail if yes was your visa processed. PLEASE REPLY. :(

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:03 am

pari9990 wrote:Hi any information would be helpful.My husband has applied for his settlement visa on 30th july 2015 and still waiting for the response.We submitted our file in chandigarh on 30th july.This is the email he got today.

Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward and we may not be able to make a decision on your application within our customer service targets. we will continue to progress your application and make a decision soon as possible.

That is just in brief with main points. Did anyone got such mail if yes was your visa processed. PLEASE REPLY. :(
@pari: Few people have received such emails, if you read previous posts in this forum. I guess they send this email, if they need to do further background checks and it would take time. The application does get processed but the processing times just varies according to individual applications. You might still get decision within their target timelines. Good luck!:)

cheers
ST

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:01 am

sthakur wrote:
pari9990 wrote:Hi any information would be helpful.My husband has applied for his settlement visa on 30th july 2015 and still waiting for the response.We submitted our file in chandigarh on 30th july.This is the email he got today.

@pari: Few people have received such emails, if you read previous posts in this forum. I guess they send this email, if they need to do further background checks and it would take time. The application does get processed but the processing times just varies according to individual applications. You might still get decision within their target timelines. Good luck!:)

cheers
ST
Thank you very much. Much appreciated

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:17 am

@maximus1234 & @Maverick75 : Have you guys heard anything from UKVI New Delhi yet?

thanks
ST

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:31 am

sthakur wrote:@maximus1234 & @Maverick75 : Have you guys heard anything from UKVI New Delhi yet?

thanks
ST
Hey ST,
No, haven't heard anything yet. its the 38th working day for us. I am hopeful that we all get some communication next week. I will keep you posted.

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Fri Sep 11, 2015 9:41 am

maximus1234 wrote:
sthakur wrote:@maximus1234 & @Maverick75 : Have you guys heard anything from UKVI New Delhi yet?

thanks
ST
Hey ST,
No, haven't heard anything yet. its the 38th working day for us. I am hopeful that we all get some communication next week. I will keep you posted.
yeah, seems like we will be hearing something next week. Thanks, I will post here if I hear from them.

Cheers

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:22 am

Raju1 wrote:@Vanakkamchennai,

Have you received your courier today? And also, let us know whether have you got 30 days visa or 33 months visa.

-Raju
Hi All,

A bit unfortunate news from my side. My wife's visa has been refused on the ground of:

1. E-ECP.2.6. The relationship between the applicant and their partner must be genuine and subsisting.
2. E-ECP.2.10. The applicant and partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK.

I would expect the decision maker to email me for additional proofs such as email/chat/whatsapp/skpye history instead of just rejecting the application, as I already had submitted all official documents.

Bit difficult time, but anyway, have appealed against it, because I felt, I haven't made any mistake. Documents sent to the tribunal. Awaiting to hear from them.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:02 am

vanakkamchennai wrote:

Have you received your courier today? And also, let us know whether have you got 30 days visa or 33 months visa.

-Raju
Hi All,

A bit unfortunate news from my side. My wife's visa has been refused on the ground of:

1. E-ECP.2.6. The relationship between the applicant and their partner must be genuine and subsisting.
2. E-ECP.2.10. The applicant and partner must intend to live together permanently in the UK.

I would expect the decision maker to email me for additional proofs such as email/chat/whatsapp/skpye history instead of just rejecting the application, as I already had submitted all official documents.

Bit difficult time, but anyway, have appealed against it, because I felt, I haven't made any mistake. Documents sent to the tribunal. Awaiting to hear from them.
Very sorry to hear about your visa refusal. Wish you luck with your appeal.

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:07 pm

vanakkamchennai wrote:

-Raju
Hi All,

@Vanakkamchennai,

Sorry to hear about the refusal news. I believe you have provided with all the information for the requirement "marriage and subsisting relationship" with your application as given below.

1. Wedding certificate
2. Wedding and post-wedding photos
3. Wedding card
4. Whatsapp screenshots
5. Emails
6. Call history (Good if these history records are accompanied with letter by network provider for eg: Lyca or Libera UK)
7. Gift vouchers (If you send any gifts)
8. Recent your flight tickets during your wedding
9. Bank statement to prove the money has transferred into your spouse account (Incase if you tx the money)

These days it has become very common with Chennai BHC, to reject spouse visas for missing 1 or 2 documents which is not ideal.
No panic, just go ahead with your appeal. But in most of the cases, bear in mind that appeal takes upto 90 working days.

Wish you good luck with your appeal.

-Raju

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:29 pm

Raju1 wrote:
vanakkamchennai wrote:

-Raju
Hi All,

@Vanakkamchennai,

Sorry to hear about the refusal news. I believe you have provided with all the information for the requirement "marriage and subsisting relationship" with your application as given below.

1. Wedding certificate
2. Wedding and post-wedding photos
3. Wedding card
4. Whatsapp screenshots
5. Emails
6. Call history (Good if these history records are accompanied with letter by network provider for eg: Lyca or Libera UK)
7. Gift vouchers (If you send any gifts)
8. Recent your flight tickets during your wedding
9. Bank statement to prove the money has transferred into your spouse account (Incase if you tx the money)

These days it has become very common with Chennai BHC, to reject spouse visas for missing 1 or 2 documents which is not ideal.
No panic, just go ahead with your appeal. But in most of the cases, bear in mind that appeal takes upto 90 working days.

Wish you good luck with your appeal.

-Raju
Thank you very much Raju. You have briefed all the documents. I have provided all the documents now for the appeal. Waiting continues :|

Just in case if anyone is curious, here are my list of documents.
All new applicants, kindly add as much as informations you can, as the mindset of the decision maker sitting in Chennai wouldn't be broad matured as you sitting in UK with 6 or 7 years of long credibility. In my case, I live in UK for more than 7.5 years, working in a single company and living in the same place since my arrival.

Documents:
A1 – Notice of immigration decision, Refusal of Entry Clearance

A2 – Proof of subsisting relationship
a. Certificate of Registration of Marriage, dated xx/xxx/xxxx
b. Certificate of Marriage, dated xx/xxx/xxxx
c. Photos taken during marriage, blessing, wedding ring exchange
d. Flight invoice of my husband’s India visit to Bangalore – issued by Southall Travels
e. Etihad itineraries for London to Bangalore & Bangalore to London via Abu Dhabi
f. Proof of on-board luggage for London to Bangalore & Bangalore to London
g. My husband’s resident permit card valid till xx/xxx/xxxx
h. My husband’s passport personal pages & immigration stamp of his visit to Bangalore
i. Invoice of Hotel accommodation in Bangalore
1. Accommodation on xx/xxx/xxxx near to my home address
2. Accommodation on xx/xxx/xxxx for a double suit near Bangalore airport
j. Facebook screenshot of my friends congratulating me on my marriage
k. Email communications
1. Email sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. Email sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
3. Email sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
l. UPS invoice of my personal belongings sent to my husband’s address
1. 23 Kg posted on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. 25 Kg posted on xx/xxx/xxxx
m. My gift purchases to my husband
1. Purchase of Kurta/Men’s Top on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. Purchase of Pen Rubinato (Ostrich feather vintage pen) on xx/xxx/xxxx
n. My husband’s purchase of my welcome gift (DSLR Kit) on xx/xxx/xxxx
o. Proof of money sent to India for family maintenance
1. £309.68 (INR 30,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
2. £152.92 (INR 15,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
3. £149.28 (INR 15,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
4. £96.95 (INR 10,000) sent on xx/xxx/xxxx
p. HDFC bank statements confirming money received
q. Complete Call History
1. Talk home calling card copy – Showing London access number 0208 150 5004
2. Husband’s XX mobile bills for his mobile number 0XXXXXXXXXX showing the call history of London access number and duration. Note that, a detailed TalkHome call history is requested by my husband. However, it is not ready while making this appeal. This will be provided at a later stage.
r. Skype call history since xx/xxx/xxxx
s. WhatsApp message/Call history since xx/xxx/xxxx

A3 – Proof of Husband’s Employment
a. Letter from employer confirming start of employment (xx/xxx/xxxx), Permanent employment, and annual salary of £xxxxxx
b. Payslips from June 2014 to August 2015
c. My husband’s P60 for the year 2014 – 2015
d. HSBC bank statements from 19th June 2014 – 22nd August 2015
e. My husband’s company ID card confirming the company (XXXXX) and Employee Number (XXXXXX)

A4 – Accommodation
a. Letter from the landlord confirming my husband is the only tenant, and no-objection in me accommodated in that house
b. Electricity bill as of xx/xxx/xxxx
c. Annual gas summary between 2nd Sep 2014 – 1st Sep 2015, as of xx/xxx/xxxx
d. Gas statement as of xx/xxx/xxxx

A5 – Proof of English
a. British council’s letter
b. IELTS certificate

A6 – TB Certificate
a. TB test certificate
b. X-Ray report

A7 – Other documents
a. My current passport (second one) personal pages
b. My previous passport (first one) personal pages
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:09 am

AMirAbbasi wrote:UKVI email told me tht a decision has been made on 31 August, but when I ask abt IHS payment on 4 th sept'15, they confirmed me tht my case is escalated again! if they make a decision then why on earth they had to escalate my case rather than return my documents? 7 days passed still no news from Delhi! can anybody explain me wht is going on?
Congratulations to all who get the visa! Best of luck who r still waiting! pls remember me in ur prayers.
Hi there
Really sorry to hear what you are going through. I knoe its really frustrating. Have you heard anything from them yet. My husband got the same email from them its been 33 working days haven't got a clue what's going on. Well best wishes for your application.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:24 am

i am on ILR since 20/07/2012 and living in UK
still hold indian passport
I got married on 02.09.2015 and got my marriage certificate on 08/09/2015
in the marriage certificate, they have shown my permanent address as india's address as per my passport since i am still indian citizen. Hope that doesnt cause any issue however i have provided my royal mail certified copy of indian passport and BRP

Time line
VAF4A Submitted application: 23/08/2015
Appointment date: 09/09/2015
Biometrics done: 09/09/2015
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:35 am

HarryC wrote:i am on ILR since 20/07/2012 and living in UK
in the marriage certificate, they have shown my permanent address as india's address as per my passport since i am still indian citizen. Hope that doesnt cause any issue however i have provided my royal mail certified copy of indian passport and BRP

Time line

All the best Harry. I don't think it is a problem.
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
09NOV15-Overturned

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:43 am

vanakkamchennai wrote:
HarryC wrote:i am on ILR since 20/07/2012 and living in UK

Time line

All the best Harry. I don't think it is a problem.

Thank you vanakkamchennai. Good luck to you too with your appeal. I cant understand why they rejected your application if you submitted all the proofs..
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Mon Sep 14, 2015 1:46 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:@maximus1234

Hi one of my friend had applied on the same day as you @ maximus1234 and he has just received an email from UKVI this morning saying a decision has been made. Hopefully should get the post by tomorrow. You should be hearing from them soon i beleive.

@ venakkamchennai - Hope the appeal is successful and resolved at the earliest.

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:53 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:

Hi one of my friend had applied on the same day as you @ maximus1234 and he has just received an email from UKVI this morning saying a decision has been made. Hopefully should get the post by tomorrow. You should be hearing from them soon i beleive.

@Ibrahim: how long it takes for the courier to be delivered in Mumbai once we get the decision email?

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:14 pm

bukhariibrahim wrote:

Thanks for the update Ibrahim. Yes hopefully should hear from them tomorrow !

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:15 pm

sthakur wrote:
bukhariibrahim wrote:

@Ibrahim: how long it takes for the courier to be delivered in Mumbai once we get the decision email?
@sthakur - its delivered via Bludart next day. You can track in on their website using your GWF Ref No

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:10 am

@Ibrahim: Thank you! Hoping to hear from UKVI this week!

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:09 am

Hi All, I have got news.
I have received an email today from British Embassy Delhi stating a decision has been made and documents have been dispatched. Following is the email:

Your Reference: NEW DELHI / xxxxxxx

15/09/2015

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for them to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

Raju1

Post by Raju1 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:13 am

maximus1234 wrote:Hi All, I have got news.
I have received an email today from British Embassy Delhi stating a decision has been made and documents have been dispatched. Following is the email:

Your Reference: NEW DELHI / xxxxxxx

15/09/2015

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for them to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region

Congratulations @maximus1234 :) It's positive news looking at the email :)