ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Annebee

Re: Application for PR or PR card: form EEA (PR) - UpToDate

Post by Annebee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:03 am

Forza_RC wrote:
Annebee wrote:the wait is over, I can't thank God enough..
I have recieved my docs with my PR approval letter. The biometric PR card will be delivered within working days.

Things seems to be speeding up. I wish everyone waiting the very best.

I can't thank enough the forum members who devot their time in helping others with invaluable advices.
A VERY BIG CONGRATULATIONS Annebee! It feels good ha? :) Enjoy your trips abroad!
Thanks Forza, it certainly does feel good . Was a long wait and I am ready to make all my planned trips

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:11 am

sidcostas wrote:
Annebee wrote:the wait is over, I can't thank God enough..
I have recieved my docs with my PR approval letter. The biometric PR card will be delivered within working days.

Things seems to be speeding up. I wish everyone waiting the very best.

I can't thank enough the forum members who devot their time in helping others with invaluable advices.

oww im so happy for you @ Annebee, This is such a long wait, so maybe I will have my good news this weeks or next week if things speeds up at the HO with the new Biometric format, @ Annebee please let us know how long it has taken to receive your Biometric Pr after receiving the letter, also what does it say on the approval letter?
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Is there anyone in this forum that have applied in April? If yes please shares yore timeline.

Good Luck to Everyone
Thanks sidcostas. The letter basically talks about return of your supporting documents and the result of the application. Then went ahead to say the biometric PR card will arrive within 10 working days and who to contact if not received . And further explains your rights as a PR holder in United Kingdom and the effects it will have on your children as a settled person in terms of British citizenship.

Just wondering if there is anyone that has received the card after the application was approved to workout the timeline.
But I will post mine when recieved

Annebee

Post by Annebee » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:46 am

fatimahh wrote:[q[/u]

Hello Annebee , Congratulation on securing your PR. If you do not mind could you please reply to the following questions as i am also getting ready for PR based on ROR.

1 on the issue of exthe address and status question , what did you finaly put?
i stated his last known address , then placed a sticker on that page to clarify that it is the last known address to me. We don't keep in touch so I shouldn't know where he lives.
2 you have also mentioned that you already had biometric taken some time ago (i am in the same position), did you gave them the details of the old one or did you do biometrics again?
yes, I did write out all the previous ones I did . But Ofcourse I couldn't remember the exact date , but this state the location . Note that you will still recieve a letter to go have your biometrics taken .
3 i know you do not like spoonfeeding :lol: but do you mind letting me know if you wrote a cover note and if yes can we have a template without your personal cicumstances of course. or did you quote the directive in the letter, if yes what did you quote.
ha ha. It Doesn't help anyone to be spoonfed. I wrote a detailed cover letter that summarised my application , also addressing any Potential issue, like providing accountant letter from ex dated in the past. and listing all documents provided.i will pm you my template. Hope it helps you.
thanks in advance for your help. :)

fatimahh
Member of Standing
Mood:
Guinea

Post by fatimahh » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:25 am

[quote="Annebee"][/quote]
[quote] ha ha. It Doesn't help anyone to be spoonfed. I wrote a detailed cover letter that summarised my application , also addressing any Potential issue, like providing accountant letter from ex dated in the past. and listing all documents provided.i will pm you my template. Hope it helps you. [/quote]

thanks in advance for your help. :)[/quote][/quote]

Thank you Annabee!!! you are a star . i look forward to receiving your PM. :D
GOD BLESS!!!

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:33 am

Good Morning Everyone,

This forum is so quiet, No one with any news this week? I have a good feeling I'll get my PR by the end of the month. I read on another forum of another person who received Approval letter from the HO regarding Biometric PR, @Annabee still no news about your Biometric card? I can't wait to go on Holiday, this is the longest I have been without flying for the last 5 Years I miss it.
Biometric information should speed the process up as it is a lot easier for the HO to verify identities with Biometrics. Keeping my fingers crossed for everyone.

Misssomer
Newly Registered

Post by Misssomer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:34 pm

Hey Guys,

I'm new here however I would like to say a big Congratulations to all of the members who have already received their PR cards. Well Done!

I visit this forum all the time, and I think it is a great little community. I would like to share my details with you as well.

Received my first EEA Family Permit in May 2010. In 2013 I retained my right of residence after divorce. I have sent my application for a confirmation of my Permanent Resident Status in May 2015 as follow (after 5 years of my ex husband excersing treaty rights (3 years + a few months up to the date of my divorce) and my excersing treaty rights (for almost 2 years on my own between 2013 and 2015):

Application sent: 12/05/2015
Received by the Home Office: 13/05/2015
Biometrics Letter Received: 25/05/2015
Biometrics Enrolled: 29/05/2015
COA Received: 05/06/2015
PR Card Received: Still Waiting

It's been literally 4 months now, and I must say that the wait is absolutely awful. Has anyone else sent their applications in May 2015?

Fingers Crossed...

flexcyb
Newly Registered

Post by flexcyb » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:24 pm

Hey Guys just wanted to give you an update on my PR application..

Application sent: August 7th
Application Received: August 10th
COA and Biometric Enrollment Received: 19th August. Dated 14th of August
Biometric Sent on 24th August
Still waiting for PR.

I was wondering is it unusual to receive COA and Biometric Letter at the same time?

Could that be a sign that HO is processing application quicker..

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:18 pm

flexcyb wrote:Hey Guys just wanted to give you an update on my PR application..

Application sent: August 7th
Application Received: August 10th
COA and Biometric Enrollment Received: 19th August. Dated 14th of August
Biometric Sent on 24th August
Still waiting for PR.

I was wondering is it unusual to receive COA and Biometric Letter at the same time?

Could that be a sign that HO is processing application quicker..
Hi @ flexcyb, Does the COA received with the Biometric Letter gives you rights to Work? It's the first time I hear of someone receiving both at the same time after biometrics were introduced. Everyone is hoping that HO will speed things up after Biometrics Introduced, I'm now waiting for 4 months and a half.

sidcostas

Post by sidcostas » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:28 pm

Misssomer wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm new here however I would like to say a big Congratulations to all of the members who have already received their PR cards. Well Done!

I visit this forum all the time, and I think it is a great little community. I would like to share my details with you as well.

Received my first EEA Family Permit in May 2010. In 2013 I retained my right of residence after divorce. I have sent my application for a confirmation of my Permanent Resident Status in May 2015 as follow (after 5 years of my ex husband excersing treaty rights (3 years + a few months up to the date of my divorce) and my excersing treaty rights (for almost 2 years on my own between 2013 and 2015): :cry:

Application sent: 12/05/2015
Received by the Home Office: 13/05/2015
Biometrics Letter Received: 25/05/2015
Biometrics Enrolled: 29/05/2015
COA Received: 05/06/2015
PR Card Received: Still Waiting

It's been literally 4 months now, and I must say that the wait is absolutely awful. Has anyone else sent their applications in May 2015?

Fingers Crossed...

Hi @ Misssomer, You are right, this long wait isn't nice, I applied on 30 of April and still waiting, we have confirmation that HO is already issuing Biometric PR. Hopefully I have my good news very soon and if it follows its orders you should receive your Pr shortly after me. Good luck

Please post any updates

flexcyb
Newly Registered

Post by flexcyb » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:30 pm

Unfortunately my COA didnt include any right to work for me..
I find it very strange that I got the COA and Biometric letter at the same time. I am surely not complaining about it. I really hope it is a good sign of getting my PR sooner.. I hope you get yours soon. I have noticed that the average waiting time is 4 months. So Hopefully some good news for you soon.

aukro
Newly Registered

Post by aukro » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:46 pm

Hello again!
I got my COA ( it's with rights to work) today, thank you very much for contact details you gave me guys!
Now will be waiting for rest things to come :-)

lloydq2
Newly Registered

Post by lloydq2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:40 pm

hi everyone,
I have got some scenario disturbing me a lot and i would like to share. i am 26 from ghana. i have lived with my mother who is italian from 2006 then moved to the uk with my mother on an entry clarence visa. i was gievn a residence card for 5 years as an extended family member because i was over 21 the time i did the application. my mother and i have lived in the uk all these while working. my question is; i moved from my mother's house in 2012, will that affect my permanent residence card which is due very soon. i have been calling lawyers on phone and they are telling me i shouldnt have moved out rather stay with my mum for the whole 5 yrs period, is that true? i am very confused and i don't know what to do.

note: my mother and i have lived and worked for the whole 5 yrs period with no breaks at all :cry: :cry:

lloydq2
Newly Registered

Re: INFO HELP: APPLICATION FOR EEA PR CARD

Post by lloydq2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:03 pm

Princenels wrote:I am an EEA NATIONAL extended family member (Cousin) working and living in Scotland, I moved down to Scotland while my EEA National family member resides in London. I was previously living with my EEA National family member in London and I moved to Scotland shortly after I was issued a 5 years Residence Card in July 2010 and have remained in Scotland since then. My EEA NATIONAL family member has resided in UK for over 15 years and already had a document certifying permanent residence issued to him in 2007 before I was given 5 years residence card in 2010. I humbly would like to seek your advise regarding this matter with the 2 questions below:

1. I would like to know if there is anything in the EEA regulation that might prevent me from being able to obtain my PR just because I have gone out to live in a different place within the UK and not in the same house with my EEA National family member?

2. Do I need to leave my work here in Glasgow and return to London to stay with my EEA National family member for the rest of the period left on my RC before I make application for my PR?

3. I claimed Job Seeker's Allowance for only seven weeks in 2010, will this also affect my PR application?

4. I claimed child benefit for about 7 months for my Daughter and her 2 younger brother and sister before their Mum was given ILR
in March 2011, can this also affect my application?

I will be interested in listening to your own experiences to help me prepare should there be any battle ahead.

please advice
Your response and enlightenment will be immensely appreciated.

Kind regards

Nelson
i am in almost the same situation but mine is a bit different because i have not claimed benefits and my eea national is my mother though i am considered as an extended family member.. by the way have you done your application for the PR? if yes what is their response?
thanks

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:46 am

ADVISE ME GUYS ***ANY ADVISE WOULD BE APPRECIATED***
Hi, just need to ask this question... for how long can an EEA QP be a jobseeker for?
The reason for this question is I am looking to apply for PR soon as I am a family member of an EEA national by marriage from 2010 but the EEA QP has only been in continuous employment for 4 years to date but was a jobseeker for 11 or 12 months from the date of entry in the UK and never claimed any Jobseeker allowance during this time therefore never registered. These 12 months also includes the three months unrestricted stay stated in Article 6 "Union citizens shall have the right of residence on the territory of another Member State for a period of up to three months without any conditions or any formalities"

I don't mind waiting but why wait if I can get it 12 months earlier?

Basically, dad married EU national (step mum) in 2010 December. I am an older dependent in full time education in university (at the time of marriage I was in sixth form) living with them and hold an RC. Step mum was looking for a job from January 2011 all through out but had no success until the end of November 2011 and therefore was depending on dads salary until she got employed and ever since November 2011 she has been working and is still working.
My concern is that she mostly handed out her cv to shops and filled in application forms and posted them so I'm not sure she retained copies of these. Employers will mostly not call back or send an unsuccessful reply so this makes it hard to prove she was actively looking for a job and was engaged. However she made an application online once and got 'a thank you for your application' email, I should be able to dig this out and print it if necessary. So I think that is summary of it all.

SO please I need your advise.
Article 50 triggered: What happens next? What Brexit means for EEA nationals.

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:24 am

lloydq2 wrote:hi everyone,
I have got some scenario disturbing me a lot and i would like to share. i am 26 from ghana. i have lived with my mother who is italian from 2006 then moved to the uk with my mother on an entry clarence visa. i was gievn a residence card for 5 years as an extended family member because i was over 21 the time i did the application. my mother and i have lived in the uk all these while working. my question is; i moved from my mother's house in 2012, will that affect my permanent residence card which is due very soon. i have been calling lawyers on phone and they are telling me i shouldnt have moved out rather stay with my mum for the whole 5 yrs period, is that true? i am very confused and i don't know what to do.

note: my mother and i have lived and worked for the whole 5 yrs period with no breaks at all :cry: :cry:
Before I start I am sorry to hear that this is your situation and your lawyer was partially correct in saying that but there's a way around it. As an older dependant over 21 on your mum who is your sponsor, you will need to show that you have been solely financially dependant on her for the qualifying 5 years. This includes regular monthly transfers from her account to your account, prove you live at the same address where she pays the bills, rents or owns [not necessary but it helps and makes the process easier] and receipts of any type of expenses she covers for you (in the case of students accommodation costs, books, food and basic essentials).
Once you start working and earning your own money then it becomes harder to even qualify but in the new forms there is nothing on there to declare if you have ever worked so I think you'll be able to get away with this if you have all the necessary documents mentioned above.
It is not necessary to live in the same house as your mum but it is helps a lot if that is the case.
I think you should start passing your letters (from about 3 or 4 sources) through your mum's address.
Secondly, if you have got any bills she has paid for you even in your own place, receipts of any type of expenses she has covered for you throughout the past years you lived away or at home with your mum add that to your application. Ideally you are here because you are a "dependant" and are "21 and over" therefore you are self-insufficient and rely on her to take care of your basic needs.
If you don't have any of these documents start now!! If PR application is unsuccessful you may receive another RC and this time do it right! If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your application

analucidi

Post by analucidi » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:18 pm

flexcyb wrote:Unfortunately my COA didnt include any right to work for me..
I find it very strange that I got the COA and Biometric letter at the same time. I am surely not complaining about it. I really hope it is a good sign of getting my PR sooner.. I hope you get yours soon. I have noticed that the average waiting time is 4 months. So Hopefully some good news for you soon.
Hello flexcyb, I have applied on the 28th also received my biometrics letter and coa (without right to work) at the same time. Which is extremely strange because I am married and been here for a while under student visa. My husband is italian and we have sent his employer declaration, but they never contacted anyone and send me letter saying that we have not provided original proof of my sponsor exercising treaty rights. Worth to mention we have applied together. Since then I have lost my job, because they cancelled my visa and and my insurance number. So I am literally trapped.What is your situation?

benwaarid
Newly Registered

Post by benwaarid » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:20 am

hey ! Can you tell me which supporting documents submitted with EEA PR application ?

Indianlonly

Post by Indianlonly » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:30 am

Just abit worried I havnt received my Coa yet
Application sent 7 Aug
HO received 10 Aug
HO charged 12 Au
Biometric letter received 20 Aug
Enrolled same day
Passport request.back
Coa not yet
?????

nikicibaba
Newly Registered

Post by nikicibaba » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:31 pm

k7bs » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:23 pm

nikicibaba wrote:
nikicibaba wrote:

Hi All, (updates)

My wife (EEA national) sent EEA PR application, she is been in UK since 2009, and working full time since Jan 2010.

Time line
App sent: 4th Aug
received: 5th Aug (register delivery)
Money taken: 7th Aug
Email acknowledgment received: 13th Aug
COA: never received
PR: Received today 02/09/15 dated 28/08/15

Hope Forza and all other members waiting receive their PR shortly.
Hi nikicibaba, I would like to ask one question.. did your wife also get her PR in the form of a biometric residence permit card as well?
Hi nikicibaba, I would like to ask one question.. did your wife also get her PR in the form of a biometric residence permit card as well?
Hi K7bs,

No it was not biometric card, it was blue card with 6 pages with stamps of permanent resident. Similar to registration certificate if you have seen one.

benwaarid
Newly Registered

Post by benwaarid » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:43 pm

Hey Guys
i am going to apply PR after getting Retention of Retained right of resident. i have already completed my 5 years on EEA family Visa. can anyone would help me what kind of documents we need when apply PR after Retained right of resident . Thanks

k7bs

Post by k7bs » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:29 am

nikicibaba wrote:
k7bs » Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:23 pm
nikicibaba wrote:
Hi All, (updates)

My wife (EEA national) sent EEA PR application, she is been in UK since 2009, and working full time since Jan 2010.

Time line
App sent: 4th Aug
received: 5th Aug (register delivery)
Money taken: 7th Aug
Email acknowledgment received: 13th Aug
COA: never received
PR: Received today 02/09/15 dated 28/08/15

Hope Forza and all other members waiting receive their PR shortly.
Hi K7bs,

No it was not biometric card, it was blue card with 6 pages with stamps of permanent resident. Similar to registration certificate if you have seen one.
Thanks for the info nikicibaba. I do know what you are talking about. Was this because her passport was requested back? My mum would want to have hers as a separate document that's why, she is an eu national but if it's a standard then that's even better.

favouredac
Newly Registered

Post by favouredac » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:59 am

benwaarid wrote:Hey Guys
i am going to apply PR after getting Retention of Retained right of resident. i have already completed my 5 years on EEA family Visa. can anyone would help me what kind of documents we need when apply PR after Retained right of resident . Thanks
Hello, it all depends on the basis of retained right of residence. You can google EEA PR APPLICATION GUIDANCE NOTES to get all the information you need. Hope that helps.

robkal
Newly Registered

Post by robkal » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Hi everyone. I'm hoping you can help me clarify my situation regarding PR.

About me:

I'm an EEA national.
I moved to the UK with my mother in 2006 when I was 15. My father had been here since 2005. I am now 24.
I've been in education since then - GCSEs, A levels, University, year of work, PhD.
I never got CSI as I never knew about it being necessary and after 3 years of living here and using NHS it didn't cross my mind that I needed to be insured while at university. From what I gather this means that I've not been exercising my treaty rights and I've been a non-entity for the last 9 years...

Can I apply for PR with no CSI using the 2006 - 2011 period when I was under 21 and my mother/father were exercising their treaty rights or am I completely screwed? This would cover 3 years when I lived at my parents, went to school etc. and 2 years of being a student away from home.

Thanks for your help!

rooibos
Member of Standing
European Union

Post by rooibos » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:10 pm

robkal wrote:From what I gather this means that I've not been exercising my treaty rights and I've been a non-entity for the last 9 years...

Can I apply for PR with no CSI using the 2006 - 2011 period when I was under 21 and my mother/father were exercising their treaty rights or am I completely screwed? This would cover 3 years when I lived at my parents, went to school etc. and 2 years of being a student away from home.

Thanks for your help!
Warning: blind leading the blind here.

I might tell porkies here, but if your parent were exercising treaty rights you are ok because:
—(1) The following persons shall acquire the right to reside in the United Kingdom
permanently—

(f)
a person who—
(i)
has resided in the United Kingdom in accordance with these Regulations for a
continuous period of five years; and
(ii)
was, at the end of that period, a family member who has retained the right of
residence.

robkal
Newly Registered

Post by robkal » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:35 am

Rooibos:

Thanks for that. That's how I interpret it as well but as you say it is a case of blind leading the blind. I think I will have to consult with a solicitor to resolve this.