ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bukhariibrahim

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:17 am

maximus1234 wrote:Hi All, I have got news.
I have received an email today from British Embassy Delhi stating a decision has been made and documents have been dispatched. Following is the email:

Your Reference: NEW DELHI / xxxxxxx

15/09/2015

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for them to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region
Congratulations! You'll receive the documents by tomorrow.

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:22 am

maximus1234 wrote:Hi All, I have got news.
I have received an email today from British Embassy Delhi stating a decision has been made and documents have been dispatched. Following is the email:

Your Reference: NEW DELHI / xxxxxxx

15/09/2015

Dear xxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Thank you for your UK visa application. A decision has now been made on your application and has been dispatched along with the documentation submitted.

The completed application has been dispatched to the Visa Application Centre for them to process and forward to you, in accordance with your instructions to them.

Yours sincerely
UK Visas and Immigration
South and South East Asia Region
Congratulations! Your wait is over now! :-)

hkhiroya
Newly Registered

Post by hkhiroya » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:33 am

Hi All,

i have following the forum for quite a while silently.

My mrs applied in Ahmedabad on 17th July. Mumbai was selected at the UKVI, but I guess it went from Ahmedabad to Mumbai to Delhi??

Still not heard anything. Just waiting!!

Anyone know if Ahmedabad applications take longer than usual?

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:48 am

roku2 wrote:Settlement visa
Application submitted: 20-July-2015
Received in Chennai: 22-July-2015

@roku
Did you hear back anything regarding your application. We both applied in same week.

hkhiroya
Newly Registered

Post by hkhiroya » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:11 am

Hi,

Just received a message that a decision has been made from Delhi.

Looks exactly like the one posted by maximus1234.

I pray to god that it is positive news.

cheers,

bukhariibrahim

Post by bukhariibrahim » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:36 am

hkhiroya wrote:Hi,

Just received a message that a decision has been made from Delhi.

Looks exactly like the one posted by maximus1234.

I pray to god that it is positive news.

cheers,
I was about to msg you saying it should be the same turn around. Good luck :)

roku2
Newly Registered

Post by roku2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:10 am

Thanks to all the forum members for sharing useful information.

Settlement visa
Visa processed email from Chennai Visa Office(BDyHC):14-Sept-2015
Received in hand:16-Sept-2015
Visa Status: Approved

Also want to let you know that my previous application was refused in June 2015. There were multiple reasons for refusal so i re-applied in July. I noticed a slight difference in the refused and approved email from Chennai Visa office:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Refused visa email format:
Dear xxxx ,

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
British Deputy High Commission
Chennai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Approved visa email format:

Dear xxxx ,

GWF Reference No : GWFxxxxxxxxx

Your application for a UK visa has been processed and sent to VFS. They will be in touch soon about collection/delivery of your documents.
You are advised to ensure that all relevant documents have been returned to you and that all details have been correctly annotated.
UKVI cannot be held responsible for any delays or costs incurred due to any inaccuracies which have not been brought to our attention within a reasonable time scale.

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:29 am

Sorry
cant see any different in the format other than in the approved email, they mentioned application reference number.
body of the email looks same to me (unless i am going blind)

Harry
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:30 am

Hi all
We received an email today from BDHC
waiting to get a courier on Friday as tomorrow is holiday for courier service. :|

Dear ***** **** ,

GWF Reference No : GWF******

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:47 am

Hi

Can you please update your visa status here

mariappanmrt wrote:Hi All,

I got the below mail from UK Visas & Immigration at 9:04 UK time on my family settlement visa application.

'Dear XXXX ,

GWF Reference No : GWFXXX

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai'

I hope this mail ensures the visa is granted, but waiting for further mail for documents collection. Below are the timelines for my family visa application which may be helpful to you guys.

Vfs office - Chennai
Visa type: Settlement Spouse & Child Visa
Date of application: 16-July-2015
Biometrics done : 16-July-2015
Application received at Chennai: 21-July-2015
Email from UKVI: 09-Sept-2015

rjb812
Newly Registered

Post by rjb812 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:28 pm

Hi Roku2,

Congratulations on receiving the visa! I'm in a similar situation like yours expect my timeline is a month later (i.e first application rejected end July, re-applied August 21 in Chennai).

Quick question - how did you go about receiving the immigration health surcharge refund (Rs. 60,000) for the first visa application that was refused in June? The rejection letter states that you should receive the immigration health surcharge refund within 28 working days, but I have not received anything yet. Not sure who I need to get in touch with to chase this.

Thanks in advance for your help.
roku2 wrote:Thanks to all the forum members for sharing useful information.

Settlement visa

Also want to let you know that my previous application was refused in June 2015. There were multiple reasons for refusal so i re-applied in July. I noticed a slight difference in the refused and approved email from Chennai Visa office:
Dear xxxx ,

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Approved visa email format:

Dear xxxx ,

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:06 pm

rjb812 wrote:Hi Roku2,

Congratulations on receiving the visa! I'm in a similar situation like yours expect my timeline is a month later (i.e first application rejected end July, re-applied August 21 in Chennai).

Quick question - how did you go about receiving the immigration health surcharge refund (Rs. 60,000) for the first visa application that was refused in June? The rejection letter states that you should receive the immigration health surcharge refund within 28 working days, but I have not received anything yet. Not sure who I need to get in touch with to chase this.

Thanks in advance for your help.
roku2 wrote:Thanks to all the forum members for sharing useful information.

Settlement visa

Dear xxxx ,

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai

Dear xxxx ,

Regards,
UK Visas & Immigration
Chennai

Hi @Rjb812

My wife's visa was rejected, and received passport on 4th Sep. The health insurance surcharge was refunded as on 11th Sept 2015.

Money refunded: £581.75, Transaction fee refunded - £15.99. Total: £597.74.

Original amount paid on 1st July 2015: NHS Surcharge: £601.41, Transaction fee: £16.53. Total: £617.94

All transactions were through UK Visa debit card issued by HSBC.

I am hearing more refusals in Chennai. Those visa's got rejected in first time, could you please share the reasons?
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

rjb812
Newly Registered

Post by rjb812 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:24 pm

Hi Vanakkamchennai,

Thanks for your response, that's a bit concerning that the surcharge has not been refunded in my case. We got the rejection letter on the 05th August.

My wife's visa was rejected because my employment letter didn't confirm my employment status and my bank statements didn't correspond with the payslips. To be fair to UKVI they had sent an email to my wife requesting these additional documents, but unfortunately it was automatically directed to her spam and we never noticed it.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:35 pm

rjb812 wrote:Hi Vanakkamchennai,

Thanks for your response, that's a bit concerning that the surcharge has not been refunded in my case. We got the rejection letter on the 05th August.

My wife's visa was rejected because my employment letter didn't confirm my employment status and my bank statements didn't correspond with the payslips. To be fair to UKVI they had sent an email to my wife requesting these additional documents, but unfortunately it was automatically directed to her spam and we never noticed it.
That was very unfortunate @Rjb812. UKVI email is being redirected to spam in Yahoomail. I am not sure about Gmail.
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

saffy01
Newly Registered

Post by saffy01 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:22 pm

Hi Roku2,

Congratulations on approval of your visa :D :D :D ...

Pray for me too as i had submitted my case on 31 July from Bangalore headquarter Chennai and i also pray for all awaiting candidates as well...

Good Luck Everyone...

maximus1234
Newly Registered

Post by maximus1234 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi All,

I have good news.

Finally after waiting the whole day today, Bluedart turned up and handed over the documents at 18:45 India time.

The visa is approved !!!!!!

The wait is over, the torture is over, the uncertainty is over.

My Settlement visa time is as follows:

Visa type: Settlement Spouse Visa - Category - F
Vfs office - Mumbai South (Nariman Point)
Date of application: 20-July-2015
Biometrics done : 20-July-2015
Visa processed email from New Delhi: 15-Sept-2015
Received :16-Sept-2015

A big thanks to all the forum members for sharing valuable information and experiences.

Regards,
Maximus1243

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:34 am

Congrats Maximus1234
I bet its a relief
Its only been a week since my spouse applied from delhi and i know it will be anxious next 5 weeks for me. Fingers cross !!
harry
Settlement visa

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:34 am

Hello All,

Well it's 42nd working day and I called UKVI today to ask the status of my app, as people with my timeline were getting decisions within about 41 days! When I called they said that decision was made on the 15th Sept! But I haven't got any email yet either from British Deputy or from VFS global!
I don't know what to make out of it! Atleast the decision has been made! Phew

Cheers
ST

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:58 am

sthakur wrote:Hello All,

Well it's 42nd working day and I called UKVI today to ask the status of my app, as people with my timeline were getting decisions within about 41 days! When I called they said that decision was made on the 15th Sept! But I haven't got any email yet either from British Deputy or from VFS global!
I don't know what to make out of it! Atleast the decision has been made! Phew

Cheers
ST
Have you checked Spam folder within your email. can you please post your complete timeline. and good luck with the decision
harry
Settlement visa

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:43 pm

@HarryC
Yeah I did check every folder! I didn't even get the email when I submitted my app! Anyhow, today is holiday in Mumbai. May be hear from them tomorrow!

You can see my timeline below, under my signature!

Cheers
ST

sunildolly
Newly Registered

Post by sunildolly » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:51 pm

HarryC wrote:Congrats Maximus1234
I bet its a relief
Its only been a week since my spouse applied from delhi and i know it will be anxious next 5 weeks for me. Fingers cross !!
how to pay health surcharge plz help

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:03 pm

sunildolly wrote:
HarryC wrote:Congrats Maximus1234
I bet its a relief
how to pay health surcharge plz help
It should direct you automatically to the health surcharge payment, while filling the application form online!

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Oh yes Sthakur
didnt see ur signature.
Good luck again.

so nervous about the outcome for my spouse. applied from delhi and they said it will take 41 working days
harry
Settlement visa

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:32 pm

Hi All

I am happy to let you know that my VISA application has been approved. :D
Finally approved in 3rd attempt as my previous 2 applications was rejected.
Long wait and fight.
I would suggest every one to submit all the possible documents. Also dont hesitate to ask/share your queries in this forum .
Thanks to Raju and all the active members.

Applied on : 23/07/2015
Received at BHC :27/07/2015
Email Recived on: 16/09/2015
Courier Received on: 17/09/2015
Given 30 day visa starting from 15th

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:34 pm

congrats Lead
What a horrible past experience...
can you share why was it rejected twice in the past?? hats off to your patience