ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application - NCS vs Post

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

najnaj80
Newly Registered

British Citizenship application - NCS vs Post

Post by najnaj80 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:22 pm

Hello all,

I'm applying for my citizenship soon and whilst reading through the 'processing times' topic I have noticed that the majority of the forum members have applied through National Citizen services and very few used the post to send their applications.
I was wondering if an application made through NCS is dealt with quicker than one sent over the post? Also, are there any other advantages in using NCS, apart from getting the extra guidance while completing the form?

Many thanks,
Naj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: British Citizenship application - NCS vs Post

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:25 pm

I was wondering if an application made through NCS is dealt with quicker than one sent over the post? No, there is no real difference in processing times at all.

Also, are there any other advantages in using NCS, apart from getting the extra guidance while completing the form? You get to keep ALL your original documents, including passport etc. Your form needs to be completed before your NCS appointment, they don't help you complete the form they only check it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

najnaj80
Newly Registered

Post by najnaj80 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:58 pm

Thanks CR001!
Very helpful advice

Cheers,
Naj

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 3:10 pm

Small edit to my post (bold and underlined in last sentence)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.