ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK Test Reference Number

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnsond
Newly Registered

Life in the UK Test Reference Number

Post by johnsond » Tue Sep 15, 2015 2:47 pm

Hi, I am about to apply for Naturalisation but just realised that the Life In the UK test pass certificate was not returned to me by the case worker.
The Naturalisation form requires me to tick that I satisfy the requirement as well as provide the Test Reference Number.

- Is the Test Reference number absolutely necessary on the form? I've read in some other threads that they can get it based on the proof of for my previous applications.
- If yes, then how can I find the Test Reference number? I have the details about the Test Date and the Centre.

tripping

Re: Life in the UK Test Reference Number

Post by tripping » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:36 pm

Hi as per the guidelines, you have to submit the original Life in the Uk test pass certificate (previously before the current rules, a copy will do). Not sure this means you have to do test again or they allow exceptions. Call Home Office just to be sure. Senior members might be able to help.

Good luck.

johnsond
Newly Registered

Post by johnsond » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:18 pm

tripping wrote:Hi as per the guidelines, you have to submit the original Life in the Uk test pass certificate (previously before the current rules, a copy will do). Not sure this means you have to do test again or they allow exceptions. Call Home Office just to be sure. Senior members might be able to help.

Good luck.

Thanks tripping.

My form has the following options :

1] Satisfy knowledge of life,language requirement based on "Life In the UK test". Attach original and mention Test Reference Number

OR

2] You've met the life,language requirement after 28-Oct-2013

But I don't have the original for the first and my exam was done in Aug-2013 hence the second one doesn't apply.

tripping

Post by tripping » Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:05 pm

This then looks like you have to satisfy Option 1. If I were you I would get on the phone straight away with HO, and get clear instructions on what to to next. No point making assumptions here, HO is getting real tough on BC applications since the rule changes. Some folks here who have/are experiencing the same issue might be able to help.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:09 pm

It may be worth calling the HO for advice, I dont think,personally, that you will need to do it again.If and when you do call, make a note of the persons name, date and time of the call. Then if need be when you apply, in the extra information box fill in that you have passed the test but lost the test pass notification letter and you spoke to xx on 13/14/15@ xx time and they advised you to xxxxx

johnsond
Newly Registered

Post by johnsond » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:28 am

chocolateorange88 wrote: It may be worth calling the HO for advice, I dont think,personally, that you will need to do it again.If and when you do call, make a note of the persons name, date and time of the call. Then if need be when you apply, in the extra information box fill in that you have passed the test but lost the test pass notification letter and you spoke to xx on 13/14/15@ xx time and they advised you to xxxxx

Thanks chocolateorange88.
Will keep this in mind when I make the call.

johnsond
Newly Registered

Post by johnsond » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:02 pm

Just spoke to the HomeOffice Helpline and they advised that I should put in a covering letter with my application stating that Test Certificat has been lost and add details about the TestCentre and the Test Date. As long as the case-worker can find evidence of me successfully passing the test, there should be no issue with the application.

sandeepkchadha
Newly Registered

Post by sandeepkchadha » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:54 pm

Hi...I am in a similar situation... I am applying for my naturalisation and have realised that my life in the uk test certificate was not returned after my ILR was granted. Is there any senior members who have come across a similar case where naturalisation was granted without original LIUK certificate?

I contacted the HO as well and they advised me to send a covering letter explaining why I could not provide my original and they can retrieve from archieve my certificate; however they refuse to send me this information in the mail...

Will appreciate any advise as don't wana risk a grand...

johnsond
Newly Registered

Post by johnsond » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:11 am

I am waiting on this as well before I apply.