ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Kids born Abroad without mother

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

ILR for Kids born Abroad without mother

Post by ilrholder79 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Afternoon

Can you kindly advise me on below scenario please?

I become british citizen last month.
my wife and kids (age 8 and 6) born out side the country hold FLRM for 2 years received prior to April 2014 rule change.

Their FLR M runs out in Feb next year however my wife really struggling with Life in the UK Test & B1 Test and have started college to study a course for an year before she can sit in exam again.

I want to apply for my Kids ILR And not to extend their leave given the scenario above but i am getting conflicting advise and need seniors to advise if i can apply for their ILR on basis that i HOLD BC and they are not required to Meet KOLL Requirement?

any advise will be much appreciated
Kind Regards

tiredoftiers

Re: ILR for Kids born Abroad without mother

Post by tiredoftiers » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:31 pm

Impossible !!!!!!!

extensions to be remained until LIUK and B1 pass by your wife is what I understand by policy words

lets see what senors say

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:48 pm

The general principle that the Home Office follows is that, unless otherwise provided by law, children tend to have the same status as that of the less-privileged parent.

The faster your wife gets ILR, the faster your children get it.

ilrholder79
Newly Registered

Post by ilrholder79 » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:03 pm

Thank you guys

Any advise from seniors Please?

Regards

ilrholder79 wrote:Afternoon

Can you kindly advise me on below scenario please?

I become british citizen last month.
my wife and kids (age 8 and 6) born out side the country hold FLRM for 2 years received prior to April 2014 rule change.

Their FLR M runs out in Feb next year however my wife really struggling with Life in the UK Test & B1 Test and have started college to study a course for an year before she can sit in exam again.

I want to apply for my Kids ILR And not to extend their leave given the scenario above but i am getting conflicting advise and need seniors to advise if i can apply for their ILR on basis that i HOLD BC and they are not required to Meet KOLL Requirement?

any advise will be much appreciated
Kind Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:26 pm

ilrholder79 wrote:Thank you guys

Any advise from seniors Please?

Regards
Member Simon is more senior than a 'senior'.
More importantly, he has offered sound advice about the HO approach to this matter based on the their rules & relevant legislation.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Kmaj007
BANNED

Post by Kmaj007 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:10 pm

I was quite interested by the thread title, Kids born abroad without a mother... Ahh later found it was just an immigration matter, well you seek advice from a qualified solicitor, a complex scenario../..