ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 Dependent Visa extension

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

javed3585
Newly Registered

Tier-2 Dependent Visa extension

Post by javed3585 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:17 pm

Hi,

I am on Tier-2 Gen Visa since May-2013 and I am changing my employer. I would be grateful If anyone could answer my queries below.

1) Does my wife need to apply for visa as a dependent along with my application, or Can she apply when her current dependent visa expires..? (Her visa is valid till 2016-May)

2) Can she apply separately once I get my visa, if so What is the maximum time period she can make her application..?
My problem is I started maintaining funds from the 1st of this month and my employer will not provide a letter for maintenance of funds for my wife. So, by the time she completes her 90 days of fund maintenance I would have got my visa 60 days before. So, there will be a gap of 60 days. Can she apply her visa after 60 days I get my visa..?

Any similar experiences and suggestions would be a great help.
Thanks in advance
Javed

sanp7
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-2 Dependent Visa extension

Post by sanp7 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:18 pm

javed3585 wrote:Hi,

I am on Tier-2 Gen Visa since May-2013 and I am changing my employer. I would be grateful If anyone could answer my queries below.

1) Does my wife need to apply for visa as a dependent along with my application, or Can she apply when her current dependent visa expires..? (Her visa is valid till 2016-May)
No. She is not required to apply for a new visa as her existing visa is valid even if you change the employer.

2) Can she apply separately once I get my visa, if so What is the maximum time period she can make her application..?
Yes, she can apply separately. She can apply anytime before her existing visa expires.

My problem is I started maintaining funds from the 1st of this month and my employer will not provide a letter for maintenance of funds for my wife. So, by the time she completes her 90 days of fund maintenance I would have got my visa 60 days before. So, there will be a gap of 60 days. Can she apply her visa after 60 days I get my visa..?

As far as I know, if you are already in the UK, you don't need to show a proof for maintenance. Same applies for your wife.

If you are already on a Tier 2 general visa and just changing the employer the only documents you need to provide are your passport and a photo. No need for the maintenance or english language proof. I changed my employer recently and that is what I was asked to provide.

Any similar experiences and suggestions would be a great help.
Thanks in advance
Javed

javed3585
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-2 Dependent Visa extension

Post by javed3585 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:28 pm

Hi Sanp7,

Thank you for your reply. Could you please provide me with any link regarding information, as I could not find the same on the UKBA website.
It would be a great help.

Many Thanks
Javed