ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Start date on COS falls on Sunday

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jibri
BANNED

Start date on COS falls on Sunday

Post by jibri » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:56 am

Hi All,

Just need quick advice for my friend, he is satrting new job and date on COS is 1st Nov which is Sunday, Is that fine? if not is it possible to change COS ?

Thanks

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Re: Start date on COS falls on Sunday

Post by gag285 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:09 am

Hi All,

Just need quick advice for my friend, he is satrting new job and date on COS is 1st Nov which is Sunday, Is that fine? if not is it possible to change COS ?

Thanks

Prehaps you are worrying too much. The start date can be anyday. Sunday is not prohibited for work by law. UKVI is not bothered about the day as long as its own criterion are satisfied.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:28 am

Somebody told him as well that it can be a problem so that's why he was worried. I have adviced him to ask his employer to add sponsor note metioning the start date is 02/11/2015 for his peace of mind.

ff88

Post by ff88 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:43 am

jibri wrote:Somebody told him as well that it can be a problem so that's why he was worried. I have adviced him to ask his employer to add sponsor note metioning the start date is 02/11/2015 for his peace of mind.
Cmon. Why will a visa be rejected just because COS is on Sunday. Tell your friend not to worry too much.

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:52 am

Told him but it didn't work

migrant_uk
Pakistan

Post by migrant_uk » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:21 pm

I have the same start date. I will apply for visa in couple of days but visa processing will take some time so I am not sure that will be able to travel by this start day. Shall I ask sponsor to add a note at this stage or add a note later when we are sure about my exact start date?