ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Supporting evidence

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

allis47
Newly Registered

Supporting evidence

Post by allis47 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:52 pm

I am applying for the second part (2.5yr) of my wifes 5 year route FLTR. The application form asks for 4 letters jointly addressed to my wife and I, unfortunately all my dealings with utility companies etc are on line and hence I have only two documents which meet the criteria. We are allowed to provide other letters several of which I have in my name but only two in my wifes and one of these is 2 months earlier than the two years indicated on the forms. Is there any other evidence I can provide that we have lived for the past two and a half years at the same address?
Thanks

michali
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Supporting evidence

Post by michali » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:40 pm

I think it is six letters in both person's names, so six in joint names or twelve individually. Does she not have anything from the NHS? Or a bank account? Or Council Tax? Any official letter is acceptable and the letters must be spread over the entire time since she entered on the first visa.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:37 pm

allis47 wrote:I am applying for the second part (2.5yr) of my wifes 5 year route FLTR. The application form asks for 4 letters jointly addressed to my wife and I, unfortunately all my dealings with utility companies etc are on line and hence I have only two documents which meet the criteria. We are allowed to provide other letters several of which I have in my name but only two in my wifes and one of these is 2 months earlier than the two years indicated on the forms. Is there any other evidence I can provide that we have lived for the past two and a half years at the same address?
Thanks
How about medical letters, doctor's letters, driver's license,council tax bill for 2 persons (no single-person discount).
Does your wife have an EHIC card or NI number?
Any dealings with tax office, any personal bank account/statements?
Any letters to/from home embassy (eg registering presence in UK)?
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:39 am

The general rule is that there should be one (or two if in single names) pieces of evidence every 4 months throughout the qualifying period.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

amanchdhry
Newly Registered

Post by amanchdhry » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:31 am

Hi mate,

If you read the guidance correctly, it says if you cannot provide joint correspondence, provide 6 individual correspondence letters each! Please have a look in the guidance, i am sure i have read it somewhere. I am also in a very similar state, applying for a 2nd FLR (m) ext and my mrs is a British national owning the house. We do share living expenses financially but we never bothered to change our names or anything. I am going to PEO Liverpook in two weeks time and take 2 joint, 6 letters addressed to my mrs & about 10 addressed to me.

Let me know how did it go ?

allis47
Newly Registered

Post by allis47 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:53 pm

Hi All, thanks for the feedback. I have found plenty of joint letters from the bank over the 2 1/2 years and some to my wife mostly when she arrived eg NHS, NI docs etc but then nothing until quite recently. If the rule of regular correspondence each 4 months is applied stringently then how does anyone meet the requirements in the age of internet communication ??? Someone told me that if you get a letter from a neighbour saying you had both lived there for 2 years then that counts ? anyone heard of this ? Thanks

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:04 pm

The neighbour's letter won't mean anything. Look for any correspondence with name, address and post code.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

allis47
Newly Registered

Post by allis47 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:11 pm

allis47 wrote:Hi All, thanks for the feedback. I have found plenty of joint letters from the bank over the 2 1/2 years and some to my wife mostly when she arrived eg NHS, NI docs etc but then nothing until quite recently. If the rule of regular correspondence each 4 months is applied stringently then how does anyone meet the requirements in the age of internet communication ??? Someone told me that if you get a letter from a neighbour saying you had both lived there for 2 years then that counts ? anyone heard of this ? Thanks
Too late now but what I did was engineer some snail mail traffic to the house in 1 or both names.
For example by applying for EHIC cards, tax refund claims to HMRC, house & car insurance quotes etc.

For cost of a few stamps it saved hassle & worry later at visa time.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.