ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regardin IHS and Dependant online application

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Question regardin IHS and Dependant online application

Post by hassanh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:16 pm

Hi Gurus,

I hope someone will answer my question. I am applying for my son (born in UK) Tier 2 dependent visa. In the declaration section of online form it ask for whether the person filling the form is the applicant his self or the applicant representative. I am confused what should I choose here as my son who is just 1 year old cannot fill the form and I am filling it in on his behalf and also I am not his legal representative. Can someone suggest on this please?

Also, on IHS page when I check how much I will have to pay, then it says £600. My visa is expiring on 15th September 2016 so my son will only get visa till September 2016 and on the basis of this the IHS charge should be £200. Will I get the refund later on automatically? It does not give you any option which ask for main applicant visa expiry date.

Will appreciate your earliest response.

Thanks,
Hassan

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: Question regardin IHS and Dependant online application

Post by hassanh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:06 pm

Hi Gurus,

I am aware that members will reply when they want to and if they want to but I will highly appreciate early response?

I am afraid that my topic will eventually go down the topic list and I would not get any response in time. Thank you all for your help in advance.

Thanks,
Hassan

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:58 am

Hi Guys,

Any response on the above will be much appreciated?

Thanks,
Hassan

ff88

Post by ff88 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:22 pm

hassanh wrote:Hi Gurus,

I hope someone will answer my question. I am applying for my son (born in UK) Tier 2 dependent visa. In the declaration section of online form it ask for whether the person filling the form is the applicant his self or the applicant representative. I am confused what should I choose here as my son who is just 1 year old cannot fill the form and I am filling it in on his behalf and also I am not his legal representative. Can someone suggest on this please?

Also, on IHS page when I check how much I will have to pay, then it says £600. My visa is expiring on 15th September 2016 so my son will only get visa till September 2016 and on the basis of this the IHS charge should be £200. Will I get the refund later on automatically? It does not give you any option which ask for main applicant visa expiry date.

Will appreciate your earliest response.

Thanks,
Hassan
I am not quite sure abt current rules. But three years ago a guy I know who was on tier 2. When his kid was born I dont remember him applying for dependent visa. As his son was born in uk. The only thing I remember is that when his son was born after few months he applied for his british passport. Double check the rules if your son born in uk even needs a dependent visa.

hassanh
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by hassanh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Hi Fahad,

My son does need a dependent visa as he will be travelling outside UK in coming months. He will not be eligible for British Passport unless I get ILR.

Thanks,
Hassan