ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2015 Citizenship Approvals

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

awesome247
Newly Registered

Re: 2015 Citizenship Approvals

Post by awesome247 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi guys, apologies I could not reply all your questions yesterday.
My timeline follows:
APPLICATION based on Irish decent (I thought I could qualify after 3 years based on my Irish children-Please I will strongly advise anyone never to make such mistake. Continue with my timeline and story)
Date of application: March 2012
Acknowledgement of application: April 2012
No letter received from April to January 2013 then I sent email to make enquiry.
Reply received:12th Feb 2013

Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing
whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of
naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible. You will be notified of his decision as soon as
possible.2012, I called to make enquiry about my application. I was told its under process.
March 2012: I called to make enquiry again. Same general response, its being processed.

Same day, received another email:

Your application is at an advanced stage of processing. You will be
informed of the Minister's Decision as expeditiously as possible.

Kind regards

3rd June 2013, I sent a direct email to the minister, Alan Shatter, he forwarded this to the department and I got another reply:

Thank you for your email which has been received in the Minister's Constituency section. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with by the appropriate section it would be very helpful if you could reply to this message giving your postal address and contact number, if you are not a constituent we will then refer the matter to officials in the Department who will work with the Minister on a reply.

Thank you

Minister's Constituency Section

Then again on 6th June 2013, another email reply:

Hi

naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. As well as being a
significant event in the life of the recipient, the granting of Irish
citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major
step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only
within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that
appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the
process.

Regards

Tried series of phone calls after these email correspondence, no positive response other than application is in advanced stage.

In January 2014 I sent another comprehensive email:

I write to you with deep concern about the letter I received from the department of Justice and Equality dated 8th January 2014 regarding my naturalisation application.

The letter stated that my file was submitted to your office recently; but to my dismay, you have deferred a final decision of my application for a period of 12 months until January 2015 without any reason stated for this deferral.

As a law abiding family man residing in Ireland since 2008, I believe I have demonstrated good character since my entry to this great country. I would implore you to please consider the following circumstances which I believe gives credence to good character:

1: I am happily married to a British wife and blessed with 3 children (8 year old daughter is British, 4 year and 3 year old sons are Irish);

2: I have been working full time since 8th August 2008 as a facilities supervisor without claiming any social welfare/benefits; I have gained a Postgraduate degree as well as a Master of Science degree from Trinity College without depending on any Government funds. My wife also works full time as an accountant since February 2008;

3: I also have no criminal records and I have never been out of the country for longer than 2 weeks; I had traffic fine back in 2008 and 2009 which I paid immediately; these has were erased from my driving record after three years.

As much as I am aware and respect the fact that the granting or refusal of an application for a certificate of naturalisation is at the absolute discretion of the Minister for Justice and Equality, I strongly believe that I should be given a reason as to why my application was deferred for one year despite waiting for almost 2 years after submitting the application.

Respectfully thanking you in advance for your time on this important matter, I patiently await a reply to my letter.

Yours sincerely

Then came this shocking reply: 14th January

The Minister decided in his absolute discretion to defer any final decision
on your application for a period of 12 months because at the time of
application you did not have 5 years reckonable residency.

Regards

I waited till January 2015 and I got a letter in the post in January asking if my status remains the same, number of children, marital status, employment records, all these sent on the 4th of January.

Received my approval on 7th August 2015.
Posted 950 and GNIB card on 14th August.
Received another letter requesting for 2 passport photos. Sent these on 28th August.,

This is my story.
Its been the most stressful period of my life when I could see many others being approved.
Its a shame my application was not refused from the beginning when they knew I couldn't apply based on my Irish children. I was misled by staff in the Citizens information centre. Please make direct enquiry if you need any information as regards your application.

As regards venue, it doesn't matter where you live, you can be given a venue that is available in Ireland. I live in Dublin and I have to go to Galway for my ceremony.

All the best again to everyone.

Thank you.

araja
Newly Registered

Post by araja » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:12 pm

hi, guys anyone have idea why this ceremony is not announced on INIS website like ceremony in past. or this is normal and ceremony like that happend before. i heard also that no more ceremony announced on INIS, its only letter sent to relevant person. Is there any ceremony left in this year

mahersab

Post by mahersab » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:26 am

awesome247 wrote:Hi guys, apologies I could not reply all your questions yesterday.
My timeline follows:
APPLICATION based on Irish decent (I thought I could qualify after 3 years based on my Irish children-Please I will strongly advise anyone never to make such mistake. Continue with my timeline and story)
Date of application: March 2012
Acknowledgement of application: April 2012
No letter received from April to January 2013 then I sent email to make enquiry.
Reply received:12th Feb 2013

naturalisation and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as
expeditiously as possible. You will be notified of his decision as soon as
possible.2012, I called to make enquiry about my application. I was told its under process.
March 2012: I called to make enquiry again. Same general response, its being processed.

Same day, received another email:

Your application is at an advanced stage of processing. You will be
informed of the Minister's Decision as expeditiously as possible.

Kind regards

3rd June 2013, I sent a direct email to the minister, Alan Shatter, he forwarded this to the department and I got another reply:

Thank you for your email which has been received in the Minister's Constituency section. In order to ensure this matter is dealt with by the appropriate section it would be very helpful if you could reply to this message giving your postal address and contact number, if you are not a constituent we will then refer the matter to officials in the Department who will work with the Minister on a reply.

Thank you

Minister's Constituency Section

Then again on 6th June 2013, another email reply:

Hi

naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be
submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible.

It is recognised that all applicants for citizenship would wish to have a
decision on their application without delay. As well as being a
significant event in the life of the recipient, the granting of Irish
citizenship through naturalisation as provided for in law is also a major
step for the State which confers certain rights and entitlements not only
within the State but also at European Union level and it is important that
appropriate procedures are in place to preserve the integrity of the
process.

Regards

Tried series of phone calls after these email correspondence, no positive response other than application is in advanced stage.

In January 2014 I sent another comprehensive email:

I write to you with deep concern about the letter I received from the department of Justice and Equality dated 8th January 2014 regarding my naturalisation application.

The letter stated that my file was submitted to your office recently; but to my dismay, you have deferred a final decision of my application for a period of 12 months until January 2015 without any reason stated for this deferral.

As a law abiding family man residing in Ireland since 2008, I believe I have demonstrated good character since my entry to this great country. I would implore you to please consider the following circumstances which I believe gives credence to good character:

1: I am happily married to a British wife and blessed with 3 children (8 year old daughter is British, 4 year and 3 year old sons are Irish);

2: I have been working full time since 8th August 2008 as a facilities supervisor without claiming any social welfare/benefits; I have gained a Postgraduate degree as well as a Master of Science degree from Trinity College without depending on any Government funds. My wife also works full time as an accountant since February 2008;

3: I also have no criminal records and I have never been out of the country for longer than 2 weeks; I had traffic fine back in 2008 and 2009 which I paid immediately; these has were erased from my driving record after three years.

As much as I am aware and respect the fact that the granting or refusal of an application for a certificate of naturalisation is at the absolute discretion of the Minister for Justice and Equality, I strongly believe that I should be given a reason as to why my application was deferred for one year despite waiting for almost 2 years after submitting the application.

Respectfully thanking you in advance for your time on this important matter, I patiently await a reply to my letter.

Yours sincerely

Then came this shocking reply: 14th January

The Minister decided in his absolute discretion to defer any final decision
on your application for a period of 12 months because at the time of
application you did not have 5 years reckonable residency.

Regards

I waited till January 2015 and I got a letter in the post in January asking if my status remains the same, number of children, marital status, employment records, all these sent on the 4th of January.

Received my approval on 7th August 2015.
Posted 950 and GNIB card on 14th August.
Received another letter requesting for 2 passport photos. Sent these on 28th August.,

This is my story.
Its been the most stressful period of my life when I could see many others being approved.
Its a shame my application was not refused from the beginning when they knew I couldn't apply based on my Irish children. I was misled by staff in the Citizens information centre. Please make direct enquiry if you need any information as regards your application.

As regards venue, it doesn't matter where you live, you can be given a venue that is available in Ireland. I live in Dublin and I have to go to Galway for my ceremony.

All the best again to everyone.

Thank you.
Hy
Awesome can u tell me pleaee u pay ur both traffic fine in the court or the normal way
Mahersab

awesome247
Newly Registered

Post by awesome247 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:31 am

Hello Mahershab,
My two traffic fines were paid same week, I never appeared in court.

Mushtaqcheema
Newly Registered

Post by Mushtaqcheema » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:14 am

Hi Guys,

Any One has received the letter of invitation today or Yesterday for up coming ceremony on 16.10.2015. Are they still sending the letters of invitation or stopped.?

Thanks

Regards

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:42 am

i don,t know whats happening , i sent documents and fee in second month of August and didn,t get my invitation letter , while i have seen people on this forum who sent documents and fee in last week of August and got their invitation letters , only INIS know what they are doing .

Mushtaqcheema
Newly Registered

Post by Mushtaqcheema » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:00 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:i don,t know whats happening , i sent documents and fee in second month of August and didn,t get my invitation letter , while i have seen people on this forum who sent documents and fee in last week of August and got their invitation letters , only INIS know what they are doing .
Hi @ bluemoon2

Same with me i send all docs in 1st of Sep . i did not received mine invitation yet. i just heard on this forum this ceremony is fully booked and no more invitations are coming. Have u call tham or any email ???

Thanks

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:23 pm

i sent them email and got the same standard reply that i will be invited in future ceremony, i think its the copy paste reply everyone get , how can they tell me i will be invited in future ceremony if after who sent docements and fee after me , have got invitations ?

Mushtaqcheema
Newly Registered

Post by Mushtaqcheema » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:25 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:i sent them email and got the same standard reply that i will be invited in future ceremony, i think its the copy paste reply everyone get , how can they tell me i will be invited in future ceremony if after who sent docements and fee after me , have got invitations ?
Hi ,

Have they write you anything about the ceremony in Galway. have they told you the next ceremony is fully booked .

Regards

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:38 pm

no , they even didn,t mention galway cermonony in their email.

Mushtaqcheema
Newly Registered

Post by Mushtaqcheema » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:44 pm

bluemoon2 wrote:no , they even didn,t mention galway cermonony in their email.
Hi , The only thing we can Do is "Wait" n Wait, n See , Still one month in ceremony. I dont think they can hold us Until Jan 2016. They Will Accommodate us in Oct ceremony .

chico5692
Newly Registered

Post by chico5692 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:45 pm

I emailed inis yesterday and nail Ocalligham replied an comfirmed the Galway ceremony is fully subscribed. I sent my payment also at start of September

start_321$
Newly Registered

Post by start_321$ » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:54 pm

Hi Every one , i am reading your Mails here, Well yes i got the same reply that galway cermony is fully subscribed. Next Cermony date is not decided yet.
The only thing i am thinking that if they are arranging Cermony in January 2016 then why they ask us about 4 monts to pay fees and documents , They will definetly arrange in October or in November in dublin or might be we ask for Galway , but its the game of Wait now , Wait and see 8) 8) 8)

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:25 pm

with so many people on this forum only, awaiting for the ceremony, i would say there must be some plans in place for ceremony in Dublin soon, since the email reply to bluemoon2 says "2-3" months, this gives more hope for a ceremony in Nov-Dec in Dublin!!

Mushtaqcheema
Newly Registered

Post by Mushtaqcheema » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:38 pm

start_321$ wrote:Hi Every one , i am reading your Mails here, Well yes i got the same reply that galway cermony is fully subscribed. Next Cermony date is not decided yet.
The only thing i am thinking that if they are arranging Cermony in January 2016 then why they ask us about 4 monts to pay fees and documents , They will definetly arrange in October or in November in dublin or might be we ask for Galway , but its the game of Wait now , Wait and see 8) 8) 8)
Hi @ "start_321$"

Thanks very much for updating. Really they cant hold us for 4 months. Hope They will arrange a one more ceremony in Nov2015.

Thanks

start_321$
Newly Registered

Post by start_321$ » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:39 pm

Gracious2015 wrote:with so many people on this forum only, awaiting for the ceremony, i would say there must be some plans in place for ceremony in Dublin soon, since the email reply to bluemoon2 says "2-3" months, this gives more hope for a ceremony in Nov-Dec in Dublin!!
November might be a chance but they dont arrange in December. It might be in October or in November.still dont have any idea how it works , they should arrange one and in Dublin and huge one :) :D

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:54 pm

@start321$ realistically, a Dublin cermony in October is very doubtful, next to impossible, because a ceremony is already taking place in October in Galway!!

Mushtaqcheema
Newly Registered

Post by Mushtaqcheema » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Wait n See, No other option :x

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Hi all!

I have small question - after you got approval - do you have any specific time to pay these €950 fee?

thanks for ur help

camisu
Newly Registered

Post by camisu » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 am

The answer to yr question is NO .U can pay yr 950 Euro at any time that suits you .

bluemoon2

Post by bluemoon2 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:57 am

Hi guys , just wondering if any one rang them today and ask about ceremony invitations ?

chico5692
Newly Registered

Post by chico5692 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:48 pm

http://www.integratingdublin.ie/newseve ... announced/ there is a link for information on the Galway ceremony, there are 600 invitees

Rio29

Post by Rio29 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:36 pm

nothing has been updated yet in INIS Web Site.

Gracious2015

Post by Gracious2015 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:58 pm

chico5692 wrote:http://www.integratingdublin.ie/newseve ... announced/ there is a link for information on the Galway ceremony, there are 600 invitees
@ chico5692 Thank you, this confirms that no more invitations will be issued for the ceremony in Galway, here's hoping one in Dublin soon!

ulishak
Newly Registered

Post by ulishak » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:06 pm

camisu wrote:The answer to yr question is NO .U can pay yr 950 Euro at any time that suits you .
Thank you