ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Made Redundant

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

srpdata

Made Redundant

Post by srpdata » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:53 pm

Hi Team,

Does not to be seen an ideal day today :( , i am made redundant with all my team members withing 20 minutes. Now the next thing which worries me is my ILR which is due in next year Feb. I came in March 2011, can anyone guide me what is the first thing i should do now?. Also does Redundancy payment is counted as earnings.

Thanks
Srp

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Made Redundant

Post by CR001 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:58 pm

It would help if you said what visa you currently are on?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:06 pm

I am on Tier-1 (General) Visa. I will be applying ILR in FEB 2016. Also i have the following questions :
1) How many points i should show to qualify for ILR?
2) As i am loosing JOB, will my reduandancy pay counted for ILR?

Thanks
Srp

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:29 pm

As you are on Tier 1 General, you can apply for another job.

If you were on Tier 2 General, I believe that you would have to leave the UK. So, count your lucky stars.

When did you apply for your initial Tier 1 General application and was that in-country or out-of-country?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:30 am

Yes i have started applying jobs now and as Year end is approaching, jobs related to my skills are less. I applied the Tier 1 outside UK. One question to the members here, how many points are required for a successful ILR application, conidering my VISA was given after April 2010. I tried to find this info at couple of places but was not able to find it.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:30 am

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

favour

Post by favour » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:07 pm

You can set up as self employed or ltd company, and start running business till feb, while u are looking for job.