ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Restricted COS decisions for September 2015

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DanaF
Scotland

Re: Restricted COS decisions for September 2015

Post by DanaF » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:16 pm

Nothing yet. They did say that it could take up to 5 working days to get back to me, but I'm planning to mail them tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard anything. Will be holding thumbs that we both get good news first thing!

psinghal276

Post by psinghal276 » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:31 pm

The closing date of my job is 30th september and my employer is going to file my RCOS at 45 points(as per the old table) in October month, so does the closing date of application is going to effect my RCOS allocation from home office.? although my employer has done RLMT, anyone can please advise

expat_escapades
Newly Registered

Post by expat_escapades » Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:14 pm

My employer has applied for me in May, June, July, August and September...and they are only holding my job until January.

I make 24,840/year salary and have been denied every single month. I don't understand the points timetable...would I only get 24 points?

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:49 am

Based on my understanding, on the old points system, up to end September, you would have had 36 points as follows:

Other post, and Resident Labour Market Test met 30 points
£24,000 - £24,999.99 6 points

Under the new system, your points should be:

Job passes Resident Labour Market Test or an exception applies 20 points
£24,000 – £24,999.99 4 points

So yes, you'd get 24 points under the new system. They're saying that it will enable them to allocate more CoS and to return unallocated CoS to the pot sooner. Hopefully this is the case and you get your CoS in October. Will be holding thumbs.

expat_escapades
Newly Registered

Post by expat_escapades » Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:06 pm

Thank you so much for the swift reply! I'm going to call my employer this morning, if I had 36 points under the old system we must have been turned down this month for another reason. :( thanks for the thumbs, I need all the help I can get!

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:24 pm

expat_escapades wrote:Thank you so much for the swift reply! I'm going to call my employer this morning, if I had 36 points under the old system we must have been turned down this month for another reason. :( thanks for the thumbs, I need all the help I can get!
The minimum score for this month is 39, but the for last month is 36. You mean last month?

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:26 pm

DanaF wrote:Nothing yet. They did say that it could take up to 5 working days to get back to me, but I'm planning to mail them tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard anything. Will be holding thumbs that we both get good news first thing!
Have you received it? I got it and the law firm is assigning me the CoS and filling in the visa application for me.

I wish you best of luck!
Last edited by Ln1124 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:29 pm

I have one quick question: will the Tier 2 General visa be automatically a multi entry one? Or the company has to tick on the Multiple entry box in order for me to get it? I really don't want to get trapped in the country for the entire time.

Thanks!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:42 pm

I have one quick question: will the Tier 2 General visa be automatically a multi entry one? Or the company has to tick on the Multiple entry box in order for me to get it? I really don't want to get trapped in the country for the entire time.

Thanks!

Don't worry it will be a Multi Entry visa. UKVI has no intention to trap you on a work visa.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:49 pm

gag285 wrote:I have one quick question: will the Tier 2 General visa be automatically a multi entry one? Or the company has to tick on the Multiple entry box in order for me to get it? I really don't want to get trapped in the country for the entire time.

Thanks!

Don't worry it will be a Multi Entry visa. UKVI has no intention to trap you on a work visa.
Haha thanks a lot!

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:29 am

Ln1124 wrote:
DanaF wrote:Nothing yet. They did say that it could take up to 5 working days to get back to me, but I'm planning to mail them tomorrow afternoon if I haven't heard anything. Will be holding thumbs that we both get good news first thing!
Have you received it? I got it and the law firm is assigning me the CoS and filling in the visa application for me.

I wish you best of luck!
Still no word I'm afraid. Contacted the woman who has been assisting me yesterday and she's on leave until 2 October. Tried contacting someone else but they said I must wait for the department that deals with it to get back to me. So still waiting.

Congratulations! Am really thrilled for you :)

Nithya1983
Newly Registered

Post by Nithya1983 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:40 pm

Hi All,

I am as well waiting for the result to hear back. I checked with my employer and she said she is yet to hear back form UKVI. Will all the results be updated in the SMS immediately or will it take some time. Im very much worried.

Nithya1983
Newly Registered

Post by Nithya1983 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:18 pm

Nithya1983 wrote:Hi All,

I am as well waiting for the result to hear back. I checked with my employer and she said she is yet to hear back form UKVI. Will all the results be updated in the SMS immediately or will it take some time? Im very much worried.
Is anyone waiting like me?

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:20 am

I'm applying for the visa and have this problem. I am currently in the U.S. But will return to my home country to apply for the UK visa. When I created an account, I used the U.S. Address (I know I'm dumb), but throughout the application, I entered my address in my home country as the current permanent residential address. When I got to the book an appointment page, I could only see US as the option to book. After that, I went to manage my account and changed to my home country address, but it still didn't work.

Do you guys think that it's just time lagging, it will eventually show my home country as an option? Or should I create a new application using the current CoS number? Or should I ask for a new CoS number to create a new application?

Thanks so much!!! I am extremely in an urgent, my employer wants me to start right on October 1.

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:10 am

Nithya1983 wrote:

I am as well waiting for the result to hear back. I checked with my employer and she said she is yet to hear back form UKVI. Will all the results be updated in the SMS immediately or will it take some time? Im very much worried.
Is anyone waiting like me?
Yep, still waiting. Everyone that I have as a contact at my new employer has decided to go on leave. So I won't have an answer for another week or two by the looks of it. SO annoying!

kashish
India

Post by kashish » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:04 am

I am as well waiting for the result to hear back. I checked with my employer and she said she is yet to hear back form UKVI. Will all the results be updated in the SMS immediately or will it take some time. Im very much worried.
Iam in d same boat as u. My employer hasn't heard back from ukba yet.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:53 am

'm applying for the visa and have this problem. I am currently in the U.S. But will return to my home country to apply for the UK visa. When I created an account, I used the U.S. Address (I know I'm dumb), but throughout the application, I entered my address in my home country as the current permanent residential address. When I got to the book an appointment page, I could only see US as the option to book. After that, I went to manage my account and changed to my home country address, but it still didn't work.

Do you guys think that it's just time lagging, it will eventually show my home country as an option? Or should I create a new application using the current CoS number? Or should I ask for a new CoS number to create a new application?

Thanks so much!!! I am extremely in an urgent, my employer wants me to start right on October 1.

Ok, the first question is have you paid for and submitted the application where you had mentioned your US address? I am pretty sure you should be able to make an application in US but if its absolutely important to make the application from home country, you would have to talk to UKVI. Asking for a new CoS would delay you further so your best bet is to cancel the application if it hasn't bee submitted and start afresh or contact UKVI if the application has gone into their system.

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:30 am

gag285 wrote:'m applying for the visa and have this problem. I am currently in the U.S. But will return to my home country to apply for the UK visa. When I created an account, I used the U.S. Address (I know I'm dumb), but throughout the application, I entered my address in my home country as the current permanent residential address. When I got to the book an appointment page, I could only see US as the option to book. After that, I went to manage my account and changed to my home country address, but it still didn't work.

Ok, the first question is have you paid for and submitted the application where you had mentioned your US address? I am pretty sure you should be able to make an application in US but if its absolutely important to make the application from home country, you would have to talk to UKVI. Asking for a new CoS would delay you further so your best bet is to cancel the application if it hasn't bee submitted and start afresh or contact UKVI if the application has gone into their system.
I have not paid for the application, nor the NHS. I Just completed the application, declared the application, then stopped at book an appointment. I believe that paying for the application and NHS is after the appointment booking, at least that's in my case.

I just don't see any option to cancel or delete the application to start all over again. It still says incomplete on my account. So I don't know if I can just leave that application there and start a new one.

You mentioned that asking for a new CoS might delay me further, you mean from the employer side or from the UKVI side?

Thanks so much!!!
Last edited by Ln1124 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:33 am

gag285 wrote:
'm applying for the visa and have this problem. I am currently in the U.S. But will return to my home country to apply for the UK visa. When I created an account, I used the U.S. Address (I know I'm dumb), but throughout the application, I entered my address in my home country as the current permanent residential address. When I got to the book an appointment page, I could only see US as the option to book. After that, I went to manage my account and changed to my home country address, but it still didn't work.

I have not paid for the application, nor the NHS. I Just completed the application, declared the application, then stopped at book an appointment. I believe that paying for the application and NHS is after the appointment booking, at least that's in my case.

I just don't see any option to cancel or delete the application to start all over again. It still says incomplete on my account.

Thanks so much!!!
Ln1124

Great. Leave this application where it is. Start a fresh application. The system automatically deletes incomplete applications after certain number of days. Good Luck!

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:48 am

gag285 wrote:'
Attached is how my application looks like at the moment. I don't know how to insert an image here though :( Can you please take a look to see if that application has been submitted to the system?

Thank you very much!
Attachments
IMG_0452.jpg
application
IMG_0452.jpg (88.72 KiB) Viewed 1469 times

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:16 am

gag285 wrote:gag285 wrote:

I just don't see any option to cancel or delete the application to start all over again. It still says incomplete on my account.

Thanks so much!!!
Ln1124

Great. Leave this application where it is. Start a fresh application. The system automatically deletes incomplete applications after certain number of days. Good Luck!
So you are saying that I will still use the same account, just start a new application using the same CoS? I am just worried since it says that Application completed and Declaration Signed although the status is still incomplete.

Many thanks!

gag285
Member of Standing
India

Post by gag285 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:45 pm

gag285 wrote:
gag285 wrote:

Thanks so much!!!
Ln1124

So you are saying that I will still use the same account, just start a new application using the same CoS? I am just worried since it says that Application completed and Declaration Signed although the status is still incomplete.

Many thanks!
Have you tried speaking to UKVI once? I am sure you can re-apply with same account as the account has no limiting affect to the applications it can be used to make.

ans08
Newly Registered

Post by ans08 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:37 pm

Anyone applying for October?

Ln1124

Post by Ln1124 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:08 am

gag285 wrote:gag285 wrote:
gag285 wrote:

Thanks so much!!!
Ln1124

Many thanks!
Have you tried speaking to UKVI once? I am sure you can re-apply with same account as the account has no limiting affect to the applications it can be used to make.
Hey, no I didn't speak to them. I just listened to you and made another application. I submitted it today already with the priority service, hoping to get it back soon.

DanaF
Scotland

Post by DanaF » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:03 pm

Better late than never I guess :). Finally got notification today that my CoS application for September was successful. Good luck for everyone in October!