ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is there any applicant got rejected because of tax affairs?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ILR1980
Pakistan

Is there any applicant got rejected because of tax affairs?

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:02 pm

I am asking because i am delaying my citizenship application because of tax issue. I have been using wrong NI which was not mine. Thanks to my first employer who put this on my payslip and i assumed HMRC alloted it and
kept using it. I have got tax records with me on my exact name but they have different firstname there with same initial as mine. I got mine insurance number now but it was just few month ago..

Many people told me that i should not worry and apply for citizenship by giving them old NI number because i was paying taxes eventhough it was case of mistaken identity. So quiet confuse now so i want to know what UKBA check about tax? Its just check whether you paying taxes and no tax due ? Or it also check whether NI number is match with everything i.e surname/firstname and address etc. Any one got refused because of tax matters?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: Is there any applicant got rejected because of tax affai

Post by Wanderer » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:54 pm

Why blame others? You have knowingly committed fraud.

FGS...
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:06 pm

modern_newton wrote:I am asking because i am delaying my citizenship application because of tax issue. I have been using wrong NI which was not mine. Thanks to my first employer who put this on my payslip and i assumed HMRC alloted it and
kept using it. I have got tax records with me on my exact name but they have different firstname there with same initial as mine. I got mine insurance number now but it was just few month ago..

Many people told me that i should not worry and apply for citizenship by giving them old NI number because i was paying taxes eventhough it was case of mistaken identity. So quiet confuse now so i want to know what UKBA check about tax? Its just check whether you paying taxes and no tax due ? Or it also check whether NI number is match with everything i.e surname/firstname and address etc. Any one got refused because of tax matters?
How could you start work without a NIN?
Employers don't pick one out of a hat & allocate to a new starter.

You cannot hope to apply with a known incorrect NIN.
You will need to vouch for all information supplied as true & accurate.

This may well (& should) trigger a caseworker's 'spidy' sense.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Wanderer wrote:Why blame others? You have knowingly committed fraud.

FGS...
What fraud? I bet you did not even read the post.

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:16 am

noajthan wrote:
modern_newton wrote:I am asking because i am delaying my citizenship application because of tax issue. I have been using wrong NI which was not mine. Thanks to my first employer who put this on my payslip and i assumed HMRC alloted it and

How could you start work without a NIN?
Employers don't pick one out of a hat & allocate to a new starter.

You cannot hope to apply with a known incorrect NIN.
You will need to vouch for all information supplied as true & accurate.

This may well (& should) trigger a caseworker's 'spidy' sense.
It was possible to work without NI number ten year ago as they used to gave you temporary numbers and i was thinking to apply for one when this local council put this NI number on my first payslip and i thought HMRC allotted me this so never bother to apply for one because this one was actual NI number not temporary ones. I got all payslips, p60 and P45 on this number and my names and address were correct on these documents so never had this doubt that this one is not mine untill recently when they started deducting student loans from payslips. I did not took loans so went to HMRC and then loan company who intially told me this NI number is mine and then when i insisted i never took loans then they put me on hold and talked with investigation team and after that said to me that i should stop using it and apply for one. I am in touch with hmrc because it was not unintentionally

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:04 am

modern_newton wrote:It was possible to work without NI number ten year ago as they used to gave you temporary numbers and i was thinking to apply for one when this local council put this NI number on my first payslip and i thought HMRC allotted me this so never bother to apply for one because this one was actual NI number not temporary ones. I got all payslips, p60 and P45 on this number and my names and address were correct on these documents so never had this doubt that this one is not mine untill recently when they started deducting student loans from payslips. I did not took loans so went to HMRC and then loan company who intially told me this NI number is mine and then when i insisted i never took loans then they put me on hold and talked with investigation team and after that said to me that i should stop using it and apply for one. I am in touch with hmrc because it was not unintentionally
Noted.
In my experience I've never worked on that basis - have always been asked for the NI number upfront; (to be provided by me, from my records).

And when my wife applied for a NIN, about 5 years ago, HMRC or the job centre (not sure which) allocated a temporary number. A few weeks later they allocated the real number.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

jingzh

Post by jingzh » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:13 pm

It's better to sort this out with HMRC prior to applying to HO.
You can imagine the HO staff are not tax professionals. They accept black and white, but not grey.
HMRC on the other hand can perform further checks. Once HMRC is given notice, put it in clear explanation to HO, and invite them to cross check with HMRC. HMRC are sometimes much nicer than people gave them credit for.

wmazhar

Post by wmazhar » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:17 pm

FGS...

As a diamond member you should not be rude, you had a court letter that he did the fraud?
Applied: 11/03/2015
Approval: 04-04-2015 Dated 27/03/2015
Ceremony: 15-04-2015

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:43 pm

noajthan wrote:
modern_newton wrote:It was possible to work without NI number ten year ago as they used to gave you temporary numbers and i was thinking to apply for one when this local council put this NI number on my first payslip and i thought HMRC allotted me this so never bother to apply for one because this one was actual NI number not temporary ones. I got all payslips, p60 and P45 on this number and my names and address were correct on these documents so never had this doubt that this one is not mine untill recently when they started deducting student loans from payslips. I did not took loans so went to HMRC and then loan company who intially told me this NI number is mine and then when i insisted i never took loans then they put me on hold and talked with investigation team and after that said to me that i should stop using it and apply for one. I am in touch with hmrc because it was not unintentionally
Noted.
In my experience I've never worked on that basis - have always been asked for the NI number upfront; (to be provided by me, from my records).

And when my wife applied for a NIN, about 5 years ago, HMRC or the job centre (not sure which) allocated a temporary number. A few weeks later they allocated the real number.
Yea actually plenty have been changed from last 5/6 years. They used to have local tax offices which dont exist anymore and you have to sort out everything over the phones and by writing and when you speak over the phones then different people give you different answers. after long wait. I have been using this NI Number in all previous applications to home office as well but i did not know its wrong by that time. My tax is up to date and its just that there is confusion because of same initial of first name and same surname

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:47 pm

jingzh wrote:

It's better to sort this out with HMRC prior to applying to HO.
You can imagine the HO staff are not tax professionals. They accept black and white, but not grey.
HMRC on the other hand can perform further checks. Once HMRC is given notice, put it in clear explanation to HO, and invite them to cross check with HMRC. HMRC are sometimes much nicer than people gave them credit for.
Yea i spoke to them over the phone and sent writing letter where i explained them everything and asked them transfer my previous record to this new Numbers. Let see how long it will take. I need to apply ASAP for some reasons. Thank for your suggestions

ILR1980
Pakistan

Post by ILR1980 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:49 pm

wmazhar wrote:

FGS...

As a diamond member you should not be rude, you had a court letter that he did the fraud?
Some people are just quick in judging others but well its ok. Thanks