ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Eligibility query for Tier 2 General

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dara2k
Newly Registered

ILR Eligibility query for Tier 2 General

Post by dara2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:55 am

Hi,

My cousin is currently on a Tier2 General visa for the last 3 years and he got visa extended for another 3 years which is inline with ILR eligibility. His wife is going to get sponsorship from her company. So, she will be switching Tier2 General as main applicant. My cousin will become dependent and his visa status will be changed to Dependent visa. Will this have any impact on his ILR eligibility as he will be eligible in two years time. Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR Eligibility query for Tier 2 General

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:03 pm

Once he switches to dependent visa, he will have to wait a further 5 years in that category before he qualifies for ILR. He won't be able to combine time as Tier 2 General and Tier 2 General dependent to make up 5 years for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dara2k
Newly Registered

Post by dara2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:25 pm

Thanks CR001 for your quick response. What happens to his wife's status ? Does she need to wait for another 5 years as she moved as main applicant. ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:48 pm

Yes, the clock for ILR will reset to zero for both of them then if they do this and they will have to wait 5 years before qualifying for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

dara2k
Newly Registered

Post by dara2k » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:30 pm

Thanks for your response again CR001. Much appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:31 pm

You are welcome :)
Char (CR001 not Casa)