ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 MONTHS RULE FOR NON EEA

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magata

6 MONTHS RULE FOR NON EEA

Post by magata » Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:59 am

Hi guys, in need of some advice please.

Our application for PR was submmitted/sent by special delivery by 9am next day on the 19th of April 2007 and apparently received on the 24th April 2007. According to the EEA Regulations 2006. Cards should be issued no later than six months after the date on which the application and documents were received. My question is the following: What happens if they do not decide within this period?. Do you have to wait or can something legally be done?

Your comments are apprecited

regards

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:19 pm

You chase it, and they should deal with it instantly, as they are in breach of EEA law.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

magata

Post by magata » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:44 am

Many thanks Victoria, I will follow your advice.

Kind regards

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:36 am

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:19 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You chase it, and they should deal with it instantly, as they are in breach of EEA law.

Victoria.

Thanks

Been calling regularly, the question is : what can you do if you chase it but still they respond that the application is awaiting for consideration. What is the next step?

Mny thanks

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:57 pm

Make a written complaint to the Complaints Department and send it through Recorded Delivery so that you have proof that you have indeed filed a complaint.
Jabi

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:59 pm

magata wrote:Been calling regularly, the question is: what can you do if you chase it but still they respond that the application is awaiting for consideration.
Calling does not help at all. I sometimes think the call centre is in India, and they just read to you what the computer says. Usually nothing you say or ask has any influence on the application process.

If you actually want to reach the Home Office, you have to escalate. You can do this by sending a letter (signed for!) to the case work section, or by launching a formal complaint. They should respond within a few days.

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:20 pm

Make a written complaint to the Complaints Department and send it through Recorded Delivery so that you have proof that you have indeed filed a complaint.
Calling does not help at all. I sometimes think the call centre is in India, and they just read to you what the computer says. Usually nothing you say or ask has any influence on the application process.

If you actually want to reach the Home Office, you have to escalate. You can do this by sending a letter (signed for!) to the case work section, or by launching a formal complaint. They should respond within a few days.
Thanks for your prompt response, very informative and concise, and it sounds like a great way to follow.

I will keep in touch

magata

Post by magata » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:32 pm

Docterror Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:57 am Post subject:

Make a written complaint to the Complaints Department and send it through Recorded Delivery so that you have proof that you have indeed filed a complaint
thsths Posted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:59 am Post subject:

Sorry guys, i forgot to ask that if by following this measure. Will this have negative any effect on the outcome of our application

Thanks for youe comments

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:52 pm

magata wrote:Sorry guys, i forgot to ask that if by following this measure. Will this have negative any effect on the outcome of our application
No, it shouldn't. But if you are worried, you can write a nice letter just stating that the application was submitted 6 months ago, and asking whether they need any more information. As long as you mention the magical 6 months, they should get the hint.

A complaint might be a bit drastic as the first measure (although they certainly deserve one...).

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:06 pm

thsths wrote:and asking whether they need any more information.
Someone on another forum was also waiting for 6 months for their application. They were then sent a letter from the Home office requesting fresh payslips, as apparently payslips they had originally submitted have now expired. :shock:
Do not live your life in fear.

magata

Post by magata » Mon Oct 22, 2007 4:09 pm

Rang them up again today but with not success and as usual there response "application awaiting for consideration". I have just finished writing the letter and will be sent by special delivery tomorrow morning. I have to pray and see what is the outcome, I will be in touch!

Kind regards

magata

Post by magata » Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:00 pm

Hi guys,

I was going to send the letter today, however, I was contacted today by the Home Office (what a big coincidence), apparently they wanted to double check the supporting documents submitted with our application. After this, I was told that I will be hearing from them shortly. Does this sound promising? what do you think? What is likely to be the next step?

Kind regards

thsths
United Kingdom

Post by thsths » Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:53 pm

magata wrote:I was going to send the letter today, however, I was contacted today by the Home Office (what a big coincidence), apparently they wanted to double check the supporting documents submitted with our application. After this, I was told that I will be hearing from them shortly. Does this sound promising? what do you think? What is likely to be the next step?
Yes, that does sound promising. Usually your application sits in the waiting queue for 5 months, and then it gets rushed. Obviously you have reached the second phase, so it should all happen within a few weeks now.

magata

Post by magata » Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:07 am

Yes, that does sound promising. Usually your application sits in the waiting queue for 5 months, and then it gets rushed. Obviously you have reached the second phase, so it should all happen within a few weeks now.
thsths, thanks for sharing your valuable knowledge, I will be in touch once a get a response again.

Regards

magata

Post by magata » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:55 pm

Guys, a quick update with regards to my case. Last week I received a letter from the HO requesting further documentation which I sent to them this week tuesday.

I will keep you updated

Regards

Assad
Newly Registered

Post by Assad » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:07 pm

Hi magata, an off topic question..were you on a 6 months eea family permit initially? if so did you have a problem registering with a GP?

magata

Post by magata » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:57 am

Assad Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:07 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi magata, an off topic question..were you on a 6 months eea family permit initially? if so did you have a problem registering with a GP?

Hi Assad, No I was granted a 4 year EEA residence permit as it was to be prior April 2006. I did not find it difficult to register with the GP as I initially came to the UK on a different route. Are you having problems registering with GP? Please Try this link. http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/ar ... cleId=1095 - 14k

Also try this one and you might want to read page 14 http://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/ACCI/nms ... 48&sID=494 -

Regards