ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maverick75
Newly Registered

Re: Settlement Visa from India : Timeline

Post by Maverick75 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:01 pm

Hi Leade123,
My wife visa application has been refused on financial grounds.
I had gone under cash saving option and instead of they considering my saving bank account (which had the required valance) they considered my current account bank statement (which also had some valance and I just provided them addiotionally).

Can u kindly advice as to what are the steps to make an
appeal. Do I need to appeal or my wife in India needa to appeak? Do I need to go to India to appeal? They have supplied the IAFT2 form.

Can u kindly advice step by step process for appeal along with tips.

Other guys in forum, please provide ur help if u had visa refusal amd have successfully appealed.

Thanks.

saffy01
Newly Registered

Post by saffy01 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:12 pm

maximus1234 wrote:Hi All,

I have good news.

Finally after waiting the whole day today, Bluedart turned up and handed over the documents at 18:45 India time.

The visa is approved !!!!!!

The wait is over, the torture is over, the uncertainty is over.

My Settlement visa time is as follows:

Visa type: Settlement Spouse Visa - Category - F
Vfs office - Mumbai South (Nariman Point)
Date of application: 20-July-2015
Biometrics done : 20-July-2015
Visa processed email from New Delhi: 15-Sept-2015
Received :16-Sept-2015
Visa Status: Approved

A big thanks to all the forum members for sharing valuable information and experiences.

Regards,
Maximus1243
Hi.

Many many congrats on the approval of your visa.

saffy01
Newly Registered

Post by saffy01 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:14 pm

Hi Lead123,

Congratulation on approval of your visa. All the best.

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:20 pm

maximus1234 wrote:Hi All,

I have good news.

Finally after waiting the whole day today, Bluedart turned up and handed over the documents at 18:45 India time.

The visa is approved !!!!!!

The wait is over, the torture is over, the uncertainty is over.

My Settlement visa time is as follows:

Visa type: Settlement Spouse Visa - Category - F
Vfs office - Mumbai South (Nariman Point)
Date of application: 20-July-2015
Biometrics done : 20-July-2015
Visa processed email from New Delhi: 15-Sept-2015
Received :16-Sept-2015
Visa Status: Approved

A big thanks to all the forum members for sharing valuable information and experiences.

Regards,
Maximus1243
Congrats Max..!!

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:21 pm

saffy01 wrote:Hi Lead123,

Congratulation on approval of your visa. All the best.

Thank you Saffy

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:26 pm

Maverick75 wrote:Hi Leade123,
I had gone under cash saving option and instead of they considering my saving bank account (which had the required valance) they considered my current account bank statement (which also had some valance and I just provided them addiotionally).

appeal. Do I need to appeal or my wife in India needa to appeak? Do I need to go to India to appeal? They have supplied the IAFT2 form.

Other guys in forum, please provide ur help if u had visa refusal amd have successfully appealed.

Thanks.
Hi Maverick75
I you can appeal from UK, I would suggest you to contact solicitor about your case. Also appeal process will take 3months or more.

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:41 pm

HarryC wrote:congrats Lead
What a horrible past experience...
can you share why was it rejected twice in the past?? hats off to your patience
Hi Harry
Its a long story
My 1st application rejected based on income threshold . Cat-F I was contract employ and withdrawing my dividends. I di not provided CT and VAT registration certificate along with my application. They had hold my application (that time some one filed a case againt UKBI on income threshold) and sent a letter twice about required documents I sent the in 2 occasions. I have submitted a a interim accounts to TAX office and submitted the confirmation documents to BHC. But still rejected after months to my application submitted date.
I applied immediately in less than 2 weeks time .
2nd time they rejected because of my CT(corporation tax) document was not covered full financial year(Which I can't submit as I have submitted my company intrem accounts in my previous application, so there is no choice to submit accounts to HMRC until financial year end)
This time I have submitted all my payslips (which I don't have them previously) and all my company accounts and tax documents.

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:12 pm

Hello Lead

Really horrible experience and like i said i command your determination.
all in all, now you can relax.. congrats.

i am very new in my spouse's application and its only been a week since we applied. i am not going to bother chasing anything till 2nd week of Oct. Fingers cross it goes smoothly.
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:46 pm

Hi every one.
Me my two sons r British/afghan citizen. I want to apply for my wife UK spouse visa. On UKVI website says afghan national apply through Islamabad. But decision making in Islamabad takes long and not good.
Few of my friends told me it's better to apply from India. I didn't find no information about this on ukvi website.
Can any one help if she can apply from India if she get 3 or 6 months Indian visa in Kabul?
Or where can I get the information to be sure if she can apply through India.

Thanks.

vanakkamchennai

Post by vanakkamchennai » Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Maverick75 wrote:Hi Leade123,

Thanks.
Hi Maverick75, very sorry to hear about this. My wife's settlement visa was also refused and I have gone for appeal. To help those with information about appeal, I have created the following post, which will be helpful. All the best, and don't loose hope because this will also pass away.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 94795.html
30JUN15–Online application
06JUL15-Biometrics
04SEP15-Refused
07SEP15-Appealed
08SEP15-Docs sent
12OCT15-appeal letter issued
09NOV15-Overturned
18NOV15-Passport submited
20NOV15–New IHS Payment done
08DEC15-Passport collected

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi Lead,
Thanks for sharing your story and congrats for getting visa finally.

I am also in same situation like your second time rejection. My family settlement visa was refused last week due my CT was not covered for full financial year. I am also contractor and started my limited company on Sep'14. So my first financial year covered till Mar'15(total 7 months where I reached financial threshold of £24,800 in 6 months itself). So I now have to wait till Mar'16 to cover CT for another 12 months and I thought I can apply only after that.

But by seeing your post I feel that I can apply before that with payslips. My question is what payslips you provided? We will get payslips only for director's salary. Are you talking about remittances from the employment agency? And is it OK to provide them along with my last year(7 months) tax documents and accounts.

Please advice as my wife and 2 kids are alone in India now, so I am seeing all possibilities to bring them. I am thinking of appealing as well, but not sure whether it will turnover. Going to talk to solicitor this week.

Other guys also please suggest.

Thanks & Regards,
Mariappan

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:27 pm

Here are my application details:

Vfs office - Chennai
Visa type: Settlement Spouse & Child Visa
Date of application: 16-July-2015
Biometrics done : 16-July-2015
Application received at Chennai: 21-July-2015
Email from UKVI: 09-Sept-2015
Received documents: 10-Sept-2015
Visa Status: Refused

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:20 pm

mariappanmrt wrote:Hi Lead,

I am also in same situation like your second time rejection. My family settlement visa was refused last week due my CT was not covered for full financial year. I am also contractor and started my limited company on Sep'14. So my first financial year covered till Mar'15(total 7 months where I reached financial threshold of £24,800 in 6 months itself). So I now have to wait till Mar'16 to cover CT for another 12 months and I thought I can apply only after that.

But by seeing your post I feel that I can apply before that with payslips. My question is what payslips you provided? We will get payslips only for director's salary. Are you talking about remittances from the employment agency? And is it OK to provide them along with my last year(7 months) tax documents and accounts.

Please advice as my wife and 2 kids are alone in India now, so I am seeing all possibilities to bring them. I am thinking of appealing as well, but not sure whether it will turnover. Going to talk to solicitor this week.

Thanks & Regards,
Mariappan

Hi
I can understand the pain which you are going through.

I have withdrawn the salary as company director and submitted that last 6 months payslips. Remittance is nothing but a invoice you can not call them as payslips. When you are taking salary from your own limited company you should show all the documents(CT, company registration,current appointment report, A/c submission confirmation from HMRC, Original PAYE registration certificate (you should receive it in post from HMRC), VAT certificate, all your accounts which should certified by accountant and letter from accountant about your income.

you mentioned that you reached 24k in 6 months.
Did you received 24k as dividends ?
As per the rules they are asking full financial year reports which is difficult to get in your case. Better to go for appeal . Also contact your accountant and explain every thing, they may give an idea but take the advise of Solicitor.
Don't lose the hope. I wish that soon your family come to join with you.
Check this below link. This applicant applied in UK but it may help full to get an idea.
Good luck

Lead123

Post by Lead123 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:27 pm

Lead123 wrote:
mariappanmrt wrote:Hi Lead,

Thanks & Regards,
Mariappan

Hi
I can understand the pain which you are going through.

I have withdrawn the salary as company director and submitted that last 6 months payslips. Remittance is nothing but a invoice you can not call them as payslips. When you are taking salary from your own limited company you should show all the documents(CT, company registration,current appointment report, A/c submission confirmation from HMRC, Original PAYE registration certificate (you should receive it in post from HMRC), VAT certificate, all your accounts which should certified by accountant and letter from accountant about your income.

you mentioned that you reached 24k in 6 months.
Did you received 24k as dividends ?
As per the rules they are asking full financial year reports which is difficult to get in your case. Better to go for appeal . Also contact your accountant and explain every thing, they may give an idea but take the advise of Solicitor.
Don't lose the hope. I wish that soon your family come to join with you.
Check this below link. This applicant applied in UK but it may help full to get an idea.
Good luck
Sorry forgot send the link
http://www.immigrationboards.com/immigr ... 59150.html

mariappanmrt

Post by mariappanmrt » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Thanks for your quick response and details.

Even I am withdrawing salary for director, but that will be very less, right? £833.33 per month last year which can't bring the threshold amount, right?. Yes, I provided all the documents you mentioned and in the link. Only issue is the financial year is for 7 months for me. But when they say full financial year is it necessary to be 12 months? At the company start of the year it may be less than 12 months.

£24k is from my director salary and company profit( which will be taken as dividends). Yes, my accountant only suggested for appealing, but still I am going to discuss with solicitor.

Regards,
Mari

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:34 am

Hi every one.
Me my two sons r British/afghan citizen. I want to apply for my wife UK spouse visa. On UKVI website says afghan national apply through Islamabad. But decision making in Islamabad takes long and not good.
Few of my friends told me it's better to apply from India. I didn't find no information about this on ukvi website.
Can any one help if she can apply from India if she get 3 or 6 months Indian visa in Kabul?

Thanks.

pari9990
Newly Registered

Post by pari9990 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:19 am

Hi everyone
Please can someone let me know how can I track my husband's application. I cant
do it for some reason. And its been 36working days already is it normal. Thanks

UK79
Newly Registered

Post by UK79 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:54 pm

Armanalmas wrote:Hi every one.

Thanks.
Hi,
U can apply from New Delhi. When u register for the online application it gives u the option of choosing the visa centre, and India is one of them. Be aware that ur wife will have to stay in India until a decision is made as she has to submit her passport too. Hope it helps.

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:18 am

Hi. Thanks for ur reply UK79.
So u r saying if she has 3 or 6 months Indian tourist visa not Indian residential visa she can apply for UK spouse visa in New Delhi?
And when making online application on visa4uk website if she select her residence courtly India. Visa4uk asks does she have legal visa for residency country.
Will British high commission New Delhi accept her 3 or 6 months Indian visa as a legal residency document?
When u emailed ukvi help line they reply backed u can only apply from Islamabad.
Plz reply crack thank.

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:20 am

Sorry (when I emailed ukvi)*

UK79
Newly Registered

Post by UK79 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 3:35 pm

Armanalmas wrote:Hi. Thanks for ur reply UK79.
So u r saying if she has 3 or 6 months Indian tourist visa not Indian residential visa she can apply for UK spouse visa in New Delhi?
And when making online application on visa4uk website if she select her residence courtly India. Visa4uk asks does she have legal visa for residency country.
Will British high commission New Delhi accept her 3 or 6 months Indian visa as a legal residency document?
When u emailed ukvi help line they reply backed u can only apply from Islamabad.
Plz reply crack thank.
Hi Araman,
I applied for my wife's visa from India ( still awaiting a decision), they can't expect u to have a residency visa from India if u r living in Afg. I suggest in the box which it asks about the legal status in India, u can write she has a valid visa to stay in India for 3 or 6 months. The fact that they have a drop down option for residence of Afg to apply from India, I can't see y there should be a problem. uKVI helpline is as useful as fruit cake, don't waste ur time with them. But make sure u prepare ur wife to stay in India for at least 2months as it takes 40-50 working days to process the application.
Happy for u to email me if u have any further Qs ( xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx). Thanks and all the best

Note As this is a public forum, I have removed all personal identifying details from your post so as to maintain your privacy & security.

Ref forum T&Cs (click)
- Board Moderator
Last edited by noajthan on Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed personal contact details

Armanalmas

Post by Armanalmas » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:35 am

Thank u once again UK79.
Do they have priority service for settlement visas in India?
They have it in Dubai.

Thanks.

sthakur

Post by sthakur » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:08 am

Hello All,
So today I went to the Blue dart office and picked my passport and the visa is granted!! :)
A brief about my application: I didn't submit any originals/certified copies, mostly were the coloured prints of scanned copies and on line downloaded payslips and bank statements. I had submitted only 3 months payslips.
I was worried but they didn't even ask for additional documents. Guess our case was strong and got a bit lucky! :)

Following is my timeline:
Settlement Visa (Cat A), Mumbai South,
Bio-metric : 22/7/15
Email enquiry on 03/08/15: Waiting to be assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 14/08/15: Not yet assessed by ECO
Email enquiry on 24/08/15 & 04/09/15: No current updates
Decision Email:18/09/2015 (I called UKVI on 17th and they told me decision has been made on 15/09/2015)
(Total 43 Working days)

Thanks to all the forum members for sharing their experiences. Congratulations to all those who got their visas and best of luck to all who are in the process.

Cheers
ST

HarryC
United Kingdom

Post by HarryC » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:06 am

Congrats Sthakur
What a relief. I am dying for the day when i get this relief.
harry
Settlement visa
VFS centre: New Delhi
Application submitted: 09-09-2015
Biometrics done: 09-09-2015
Application received in Delhi: 09-09-2015

divya.jssingh
Newly Registered

Post by divya.jssingh » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:56 am

Hello Guys,

I have recently filed a settlement Visa on 10th Sep 2015.I know its too early to expect anything at the moment.

Though I have a question for which I am sure you guys must have answers.

This is regarding the 30 days Vignette which is normally given when Visa is granted ,however if one was not able to travel within this 30 days - What is the process to get a replacement Vignette for next 30 days and what is the cost associated to it.how long it takes to get this replacement card.

I have been through all the recent changes to the UKVI rules but could not find the exact answer.
Whenever I click to find the Visa fees for such scenarios - it takes me to standard calculation for all the Visa fees.

Looking forward to answers.

Much Appreciated.
Divya