ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU family member - UK entry clearance

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

josesilva81
Newly Registered

Non-EU family member - UK entry clearance

Post by josesilva81 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi.

My wife and I have lived and worked in the UK for over 3 years. Up until last month, we were here under a Tier-2 visa (she was my dependent), which has now been cancelled by my employer/sponsor as I've become a EU citizen with an Italian passport. My wife's employers have cleared her to keep working for them having only checked my Italian passport + marriage certificate.

We have travel plans for December, and so we'd like to postpone applying for her residence card to avoid problems in case the Home Office retain her passport for longer. I've called their contact line and they say she may be refused entry clearance when we return to the UK if she doesn't have a valid family permit or residence card OR at least a letter confirming her application. I thought EU family members didn't need a formal document to re-enter the UK.

Does anyone know how this works in practice at the airport's immigration and whether they can indeed refuse to give her entry clearance to the UK? Thank you.

noajthan

Re: Non-EU family member - UK entry clearance

Post by noajthan » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:21 am

josesilva81 wrote:...

We have travel plans for December, and so we'd like to postpone applying for her residence card to avoid problems in case the Home Office retain her passport for longer. I've called their contact line and they say she may be refused entry clearance when we return to the UK if she doesn't have a valid family permit or residence card OR at least a letter confirming her application. I thought EU family members didn't need a formal document to re-enter the UK.

Does anyone know how this works in practice at the airport's immigration and whether they can indeed refuse to give her entry clearance to the UK? Thank you.
Seems to depend on whether the traveller is a visa national or a non-visa national.

See forum FAQs:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... 14867.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

vinny

Re: Non-EU family member - UK entry clearance

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:50 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.