ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR eligibility

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aph123
Newly Registered

ILR eligibility

Post by aph123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:58 pm

Hi,

I came to UK in OCT 2010 under Tier 2 (ICT) and switched to Tier 1 General on Feb 2011 in UK. Since then i have been residing in the UK.

Can you please confirm that my 5 years continuous residence for ILR starts from Feb 2011 and not Oct 2010.
Also when applying for ILR will I be asked for documents related to Tier2 visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR eligibility

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:17 pm

5 years continuous residence for ILR starts from Feb 2011
This one.

Have you been employed or self employed or a combination of both on Tier 1 G? Are all your income declarations to HMRC and HO the same and all taxes paid up to date?

Unlikely about documents for Tier 2 ICT as it is not an ILR qualifying visa after April 2010.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aph123
Newly Registered

Post by aph123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:26 pm

Yes, I have a combination of employment and self employment under Tier 1 G. My taxes are up to date.

>>Are all your income declarations to HMRC and HO the same and all taxes paid up to date?
How can I check this?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:48 pm

Only you would now if you inflated your self-employed income to HO to meet the requirements for your visa and then reduced the declaration to HMRC to pay less tax.

You can contact HMRC and see if they can provide you with a history of your earnings. Where HO is concerned, not sure this information would be included in a subject access request report, but you can try.

This link to a thread below is a long but worth a read.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/indefi ... 85617.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

aph123
Newly Registered

Post by aph123 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:01 pm

No, I haven't done such a thing. I have proof of payment of tax via bank statement. Is that sufficient or is there any official document required by HO to show the proof of tax payment made to earnings via self employment?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:57 am

Your self-assessments submitted to HMRC? S302 from HMRC?

HO can check your record with HMRC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)