ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Not a straightforward case email

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mahwishjawa
Newly Registered

Not a straightforward case email

Post by mahwishjawa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I submitted my docs for my UK visit visa on 19 May 2015, documents received email on 24 May 2015, my sponsor got call on 28 May 2015 but I got this reply today:-

"Dear Customer,

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. THIS MAILBOX IS NOT MONITORED.

Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi.

Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.

We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

Please avoid making travel arrangements until you have collected your passport.

We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your application, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
British Embassy Abu Dhabi
www.gov.uk/ukvi "

i wanted to ask has anyone got visa approved after receiving such an email? i didnt get any ref no either.. though i thot my case was pretty straight forward but now i am worried. and how long will they take now? any idea??

Regards

mahwishjawa
Newly Registered

Re: Not a straightforward case email

Post by mahwishjawa » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:02 pm

Looking for advice please!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:05 pm

It is a standard email response from UKVI.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shazia786

Post by shazia786 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:55 pm

mahwishjawa wrote:Hi everyone,

I submitted my docs for my UK visit visa on 19 May 2015, documents received email on 24 May 2015, my sponsor got call on 28 May 2015 but I got this reply today:-

"Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application is currently under consideration at the British Embassy Abu Dhabi.

Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards.

We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection. Please do not go to the Visa Application Centre before they have contacted you.

We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your application, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi "

i wanted to ask has anyone got visa approved after receiving such an email? i didnt get any ref no either.. though i thot my case was pretty straight forward but now i am worried. and how long will they take now? any idea??

Regards
Have you heard anything?.
Have you been successful?

mahwishjawa
Newly Registered

Post by mahwishjawa » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:37 am

@CR001
Thank you for your reply sir.. Yes i have read on this forum that a few people got this response but not everyone gets it so im a little worried about the outcome n the time that they are going to take to conclude my application.. Are the chances of getting visa the same now as before or does this mean that they are not really satisfied with my documents? Also they emailed my sponsor's company to ask if he works there etc which he does ofcourse but i havent heard from anyone that they do it.. Are you aware of that?

mahwishjawa
Newly Registered

Post by mahwishjawa » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:41 am

@shazia786
no, not yet.. I got that email yesterday.. So im just waiting now..

sajjaduk
United Kingdom

Post by sajjaduk » Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:09 am

All the email means is to say that they can't meet their set timescale published in their service standards. It's nothing to worry about .. it's normally due to doing further checks or awaiting checks to come back.
Just keep faith and stay strong
Hopefully you will hear back very soon
NATURALISATION SUBMITTED APRIL 2021

daddy1980

Post by daddy1980 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:29 am

I applied for my mother from pak. She submitted her file on 1st Jun. on 12th Jun I received a call from homeoffice and visa officer asked few questions about her application. Today we received same email that because her application was not straight forward so it probably take more time.
She has her visa refused back in 2013 so I suppose that could be the reason they might be doing some extra checks

daddy1980

Post by daddy1980 » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:33 am

[quote="mahwishjawa"]Hi everyone,

"Dear Customer,

We would be grateful if you could keep your correspondence to a minimum during the consideration process. If however you need to contact us or would like to track the progress of your application, you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration

Hi, if you hear anything please update. If I hear good/bad news I will post here

Thanks

daddy1980

Post by daddy1980 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:47 am

Hi guys my mother just received following email.
Don't know whether it's a yes or no till she gets her passport back. I will post an update later inshallah.

Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been concluded.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your passport and documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi

daddy1980

Post by daddy1980 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:30 pm

REFUSED today :(

stressed123
Newly Registered

Post by stressed123 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:09 pm

Hi!!

So i submitted my visa app for a general 5 year visit visa on the 18th of june on priority. Got an email on the 24th around noon saying its not a straightforward so they cant meet their published priority timings. Around 630 pm they called my sister in the UK who i ave a letter from. She isnt sponsoring me, my parents are- and affidavits and bank statements of both my parents have been submitted to that effect. Have also submitted my own statement that shows a separate sum transferred to my account by both my parents. Im just really stressing out needlessly. I have always had a 5 year visit visa pretty much since i was born as my father is a pilot. Went to Uni in England as well, came back and applied for a visit visa but didnt submit proper documentation so it was rejected. On re-applying i was issued another 5 year visa which is due to expire on the 5th of july. Currently not working but have sent joint property and land papers with my mother which show income into her account regularly, and i said she gives me my share of it as and when i need. I submitted my sisters student status letter, and her tenancy letter. I also submitted a friends wedding invite. i stated the wedding as one of my reasons to visit and going to see my sister another reason. I am a little freaked out about that email and then their shady call to my sister! Any advice/consolation will be much appreciated!! Oh i travel to the UK very frequently my last trip was for a week just now in april, oct before that, july before that etc... Currently not working and said my parents are funding my trip and i am dependant on them. They asked my sister if she had sponsored anyone and that threw her off so she said she hasnt sponsored but her siter ie Me have applied for visa. They asked who will pay for it and she said my parents.. asked her my DOB, marital status, employment status etc. She said everyone in our family has a visa and are planning to visit end june.. I need to be there mid-july...

SO many thoughts!!

Thanks!!

geoejazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by geoejazkhan » Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:04 pm

i applied application from dubai on 12 aprail 2015 still waiting :?

dear friends i recived email on 23 june 2015, same as friends share lets c

geoejazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by geoejazkhan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:25 pm

frineds recived email lets c , still waiting for sms (Visa Application Centre when my documents are ready for collection,
Dear Customer,

Your UK visa application has been concluded.

PLEASE DO NOT GO TO THE VISA APPLICATION CENTRE BEFORE THEY CONTACT YOU.

You will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection, or have been dispatched via courier (if you selected this optional service).

You are reminded that you should avoid making travel plans until you have collected your passport.

If you need to contact us you can do so via our International Enquiry Service at http://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi

geoejazkhan
Newly Registered

Post by geoejazkhan » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:51 pm

received sms for collection documents and ,,,,,, will see :arrow:

Guddu1616
Newly Registered

Post by Guddu1616 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:43 am

mahwishjawa wrote:Hi everyone,

"Dear Customer,

Kind regards,

UK Visas and Immigration
http://www.gov.uk/ukvi "

Regards
have you heard anything yet

Guddu1616
Newly Registered

Post by Guddu1616 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:50 am

stressed123 wrote:Hi!!

So i submitted my visa app for a general 5 year visit visa on the 18th of june on priority. Got an email on the 24th around noon saying its not a straightforward so they cant meet their published priority timings. Around 630 pm they called my sister in the UK who i ave a letter from. She isnt sponsoring me, my parents are- and affidavits and bank statements of both my parents have been submitted to that effect. Have also submitted my own statement that shows a separate sum transferred to my account by both my parents. Im just really stressing out needlessly. I have always had a 5 year visit visa pretty much since i was born as my father is a pilot. Went to Uni in England as well, came back and applied for a visit visa but didnt submit proper documentation so it was rejected. On re-applying i was issued another 5 year visa which is due to expire on the 5th of july. Currently not working but have sent joint property and land papers with my mother which show income into her account regularly, and i said she gives me my share of it as and when i need. I submitted my sisters student status letter, and her tenancy letter. I also submitted a friends wedding invite. i stated the wedding as one of my reasons to visit and going to see my sister another reason. I am a little freaked out about that email and then their shady call to my sister! Any advice/consolation will be much appreciated!! Oh i travel to the UK very frequently my last trip was for a week just now in april, oct before that, july before that etc... Currently not working and said my parents are funding my trip and i am dependant on them. They asked my sister if she had sponsored anyone and that threw her off so she said she hasnt sponsored but her siter ie Me have applied for visa. They asked who will pay for it and she said my parents.. asked her my DOB, marital status, employment status etc. She said everyone in our family has a visa and are planning to visit end june.. I need to be there mid-july...

SO many thoughts!!

Thanks!!
bro have u heard anything yet ??

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:36 pm

anyone getting the visa after getting the not straight forward application email?

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:19 am

seems all those who got this email , their application was rejected. I received a same email.i had three visas on my passport. 1 x 6 months visa followed by two 5 years visas in the last 10 yrs. visited UK 7-8 times. this time applied for 6 months as the fees for 5 yrs are exuberant and i visit after 1 to 1 1/2 yrs. seems they're going to reject it. btw all my family...parents,brothers n sisters wife, kids whole paternal and maternal side are UK citizens living in UK. I myself am a UK born national who renounced his citizenship 15 yrs ago. :P . I never gave a written sponsor letter in my previous applications so didn't do this time either. they called my father in law saying that they were calling from British consulate Pakistan and inquired whether he had sponsored anyone from Pakistan (I regularly get my visas endorsed before expiry of the previous one and never inform other family members as its a routine affair) my father in law said if you don't tell me who the application is for then how can he confirm that..he told them that he had not sponsored anyone in writing :p seems that's what pissed em off and sent my visa for more enquiries.

strange they didn't tell who the visa application was it for. it was after 2 days in routine chit chat that my father in law narrated that he got a call from BHC ISb and were asking if he had sponsored anyone then when my family asked me in routine whether I had applied for a fresh visa i replied in an affirmative. that's when the worry started and now got this email on 16 September. seems its NO this time :P . BTW my 5 yr visa is valid till 14 Oct. if they reject the visa still can go for a few wks :p lets see (i plan a 4 wk visit next month). you never know they might wait till the visa expires and then hand back the passport ! ill keep the group informed.
visa application submitted on 1 Sep
application confirmation email 4 Sep
Enquiry from my father in law 10 sep
Application not straight forward email 16 Sep

Final decision awaited ....

P.S .. ive checked some rulings on ECO (entry clearance officer) duties and its said that they cant usually reject the visa app till the time the sponsor doesn't give in writing that he would not sponsor the applicant ...General grounds for refusal
Entry clearance: discretionary refusals Rule 320 (14)... also a sponsor may not be required if the visit if for a few weeks...

https://www.google.com.pk/url?sa=t&rct= ... US0-Talk_A

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:29 am

stressed123 wrote:Hi!!

SO many thoughts!!

Thanks!!
she got her visa :) but didn't update us :p
http://www.immigrationboards.com/genera ... l#p1208531

Yasir___A
Newly Registered

Post by Yasir___A » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:10 pm

Hi,
Applied for Family Visitor Visa
==========================
Visa application submitted on 31st Aug (Karachi, Pakistan)
Application confirmation email 3rd Sep
Enquiry from Brother in UK 09th Sep
Application not straightforward email 16th Sep

Will Update once I get the reults

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:16 pm

visa application submitted on 1 Sep (Islamabad)
application confirmation email 4 Sep
Enquiry from my father in law 10 sep
Application not straight forward email 16 Sep

second enquiry from father in law 27 Sep
final decision awaited....

Yasir___A
Newly Registered

Post by Yasir___A » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:41 am

Yasir___A wrote:Hi,
Applied for Family Visitor Visa
Visa application submitted on 31st Aug (Karachi, Pakistan)
Application confirmation email 3rd Sep
Enquiry from Brother in UK 09th Sep
Application not straightforward email 16th Sep

Will Update once I get the reults
Application Concluded email: 28th Sept

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:50 pm

-visa application submitted on 1 Sep
-application confirmation email 4 Sep
-Enquiry from my father in law 10 sep
-Application not straight forward email 16 Sep

-second enquiry from father in law 27 Sep
-received call from Abudhabi office saying they further want last three months bank account statements, any other funds held elsewhere, and what all I plan to do in UK . also sent me an email. 28 Sep (requirements sent via email same eve)
- Application has been concuded 30 Sep

final decision awaited....

zunny
Newly Registered

Post by zunny » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:37 am

visa application submitted on 1 Sep
-application confirmation email 4 Sep
-Enquiry from my father in law 10 sep
-Application not straight forward email 16 Sep

-second enquiry from father in law 27 Sep
-received call from Abudhabi office saying they further want last three months bank account statements, any other funds held elsewhere, and what all I plan to do in UK . also sent me an email. 28 Sep (requirements sent via email same eve)
- Application has been concuded 30 Sep
-call from VAC to collect passport 2 Oct
-P.port collected same day...

VISA STAMPED :)