ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

indianabones
Newly Registered

Re: General Discussion During Naturalisation Application Pro

Post by indianabones » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:56 am

My wife came to the UK under the spouse visa category. Next week her 3 years will be up and so it'll be time to apply for the Naturalisation.

My question is regarding the documentation required for section 3, page 31 on the form: "Letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments
indicating presence in UK".

My wife doesn't work, has been a hosuewife since arriving. What type of letters should I send?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:11 am

if your wife is applying under the 3 year rule ( via marriage to a bc) all she needs is her passport, your passport, her brp, life on the UK pass letter, proof of english language and marriage certificate ( with a certified translation if not in english)

where it asks on the form for employment details you state unemployed/housewife

If you read the guidance notes of the AN form for those applying on basis of marriage to british citizen it explains everything!

indianabones
Newly Registered

Post by indianabones » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:37 am

Thanks for the reply. Btw I have read the form, guide and requirements book 3 times. These books are 30-40 pages each so easy to forget or miss something.

One other question. The Home Office Fees PDF gives Naturalisation fee as £1005 and the ceremony as £80.

When we submit the form do we put down £1005 (pay for ceremony later on) or £1085 (including the ceremony fee)?

indianabones
Newly Registered

Post by indianabones » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:04 pm

Have contacted Home Office, who said you pay £1005 with the application and the £80 seperately.

Freckles
Newly Registered

Post by Freckles » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:43 pm

indianabones wrote:Have contacted Home Office, who said you pay £1005 with the application and the £80 seperately.
No, the £80 is included in the £1005 fee. Once you have paid the £1005 fee, there is nothing further to pay.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:04 am

presido007 wrote:
presido007 wrote:Hi guys, just a quick question on my application. I put in my application last week. I could not remember everywhere I have worked in the last ten years as some of them are like agency work they didn't last for long. Some of them are works I did for few weeks and I could not even remember the dates. I have included in my application those ones I could remember and I am pretty sure the day and months may not be accurate but the years are. Is this going to be a problem? As I couldn't remember everywhere I have worked in past 10 years and of course the dates also. Please, can somebody advise me as I have already putting in the application.

Please, can somebody help me with my query..I am confused
most of us are in the same boat... I think you should be fine... HMRC only contains records upto 6years back... and if you want anything else beyond 6years then you have to write and to them and they have to retrieve it from manual scripts (or something)...

Employment is not Mandatory, and at the same time there is no way of remembering each and everything... so I think providing as much information as possible (to the best of our knowledge) should do the job

angel1241

Post by angel1241 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:15 am

Hi,
I've applied for mine & wife's naturalisation application, which reached HO on the 1st of Sept. Fees were deducted 9th September.

However, to date I've not had an Acknolwdgement or BioMetric request. A few after me have had theirs.

When should I contact them ?

Thanks.

sham111

Post by sham111 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi

Specially Kevin_Hol

I am in the similar situation applied via NCS over 7 weeks and not heard anything yet neither fee has been taken,

If any one is in the same situation can you advise what to do as its really frustrating.

Kevin_Hol you had similar situation and can let me know if you had anything yet.

Many Thanks.

retrograde
Newly Registered

2 months and no progress on application

Post by retrograde » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Hi,

I had applied for Naturalization via NCS on 23 July 2015. My route is 3 years spouse of British Citizen + 12 months ILR.
I saw that Home Office received the documents on 24 July. But since then, no fees has been deducted, no biometric requests or letters of any other kind.
Others who have applied after me have received confirmation.

I've called the helpline, but they are unable to provide any information.
Can anyone please give me a way to follow up? Could it be that my application has been lost?

Many thanks.

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:41 pm

sham111

Post by sham111 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:17 pm

Thanks chocolateorange88,

I have now connected my NCS who will be contacting senior case worker at HO on my behalf and should get this sorted soon hopefully.

jxn
Newly Registered

Post by jxn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:09 pm

Hi All,

I sent my application for consideration to obtain citizenship back in May. I arrived back in 2004 under a visitor's visa when i was 16 yrs old and before that expired, I was successfully added to my father's residency status as his dependent in 2005.

Since the application form was updated towards the end on May to include employment history, I've just been thinking of all the jobs I've done since I been in this country. One that i'm a little worried about only because i'm unsure if i was permitted to work or not is when I worked as a mentor at the college I was attending, worked there between late 2007 to mid 2008 (during term times).

My question(s) really is, are individuals here with dependent visas allowed to work ? Or does permission to work depend on what kind of dependent visa you are under?

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:42 am

Ive a question!

If you email further nationality or any other email, has anybody NOT got a standard acknowldgement email back from them?

When i emailed because of wrong information on Acknowledgment form, i got an acknowledgement email straight away!!!!! followed by a response next day.

Ive emailed a few days ago and nothing whatsoever!!!!

sham111

Post by sham111 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:22 pm

I have emailed them and had nothing what so ever.

Not sure if they do check or not.

RR17

Post by RR17 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:22 pm

sham111 wrote:I have emailed them and had nothing what so ever.

Not sure if they do check or not.
My experience is HO called me following emails in 5 - 10 working days,But by that time fee was debited and left voice message to confirm..I think they should call you...

sham111

Post by sham111 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:59 pm

Its now 9th week and Still no payment has been take.NCS are involved and they will contact Senior case work which should get in touch with me for payment in the next 3 weeks, 1 week is over 2 more week to wait. Lets see what will happen.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:33 am

Applied on 2015-05-01. Wrote to my MP on 2015-10-05, received response from MP on 2015-10-09 informing me that my case had been assigned to a caseworker.

K4

Post by K4 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:17 pm

Hi everyone
just a general query if anyone can help please

I applied for my ILR last year on 29 Aug 2014 and received it on 09 Oct 2015 as its been more than a year can i apply naturalisation now or do I have to wait one year

thanks in advance

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:26 pm

aussiegoin4it wrote:Applied on 2015-05-01. Wrote to my MP on 2015-10-05, received response from MP on 2015-10-09 informing me that my case had been assigned to a caseworker.
If you applied in May, you haven't yet reached the 'standard' 6 month mark after which the Home Office will respond to enquiries. You were fortunate that your MP responded to your request for intervention...usually they advise their constituents to wait until 6 months have passed. :|
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:28 pm

K4 wrote:Hi everyone
just a general query if anyone can help please

I applied for my ILR last year on 29 Aug 2014 and received it on 09 Oct 2015 as its been more than a year can i apply naturalisation now or do I have to wait one year

thanks in advance
12 months after ILR has been granted, unless you are married to a British citizen.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

aussiegoin4it
Newly Registered

Post by aussiegoin4it » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:45 pm

If you applied in May, you haven't yet reached the 'standard' 6 month mark after which the Home Office will respond to enquiries. You were fortunate that your MP responded to your request for intervention...usually they advise their constituents to wait until 6 months have passed.
If I waited 6 months before writing to my MP then nobody at the HO would have been assigned to my case. Instead I'd be getting the letter many April applicants are getting informing them their cases will take another 3 months.

Are you following the timeline threads at all? It seems like you're not.

Teeni
Newly Registered

Post by Teeni » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:20 am

Hello.

I made an application for BC in March 2015 as the spouse of a British citizen. I have lived in the UK since Nov 2011 and have not left the country since my arrival. I obtained ILR in February 2014. I have now received a letter from HO requesting further documentation; Passports (s) or Travel document (s) to cover the period from 18/3/12 to 20/7/12, in order to meet the residence requirements for naturalisation. I am confused by this as I had already sent them my passport which was valid for travel for this period, and which shows i have not left the country since my arrival. I don't have any other passports. I have already emailed them to clarify their request.

What could be the issue? I did not send my Residence Permit Card with the application, could this be the problem?

stalem
Newly Registered

Post by stalem » Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:08 pm

I applied on 13/6/15 for naturalisation (as spouse of a BC) and am still waiting for a decision. I wouldn't have cared how long it was taking except that I've booked a holiday to Australia for New Year's and was hoping to have a British passport by then.
Now I'm thinking I should just apply for an Australian visa on my Pakistani passport.
Given I have also booked a holiday to Vienna, Austria on November 16 (I know--silly me!), I can't really part with my passport for more than 4 weeks starting 12/10/15.
I have created quite a difficult situation for myself with all these holidays. But I guess it would be awesome if I could find out if my case has been dealt with and the letter is in the mail--cause then I'd just apply for a British passport which I should get by December hopefully.
If they haven't even looked at my case, then I could just apply for an Australian visa and hope it comes back before my Vienna trip.
Any suggestions, guys? Do you think if I call HO they will help out?
Thanks in advance!

chocolateorange88
BANNED

Post by chocolateorange88 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:08 pm

Since the application was done 13th June, they may not answer you until 13th December or later ....
Even with British passport I think u need visa for Australia anyway so you may be able to transfer it over if BC approval comes before.
For Vienna schengen visas aren't expensive so just carry on with whatever you're doing as normal!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:27 pm

aussiegoin4it wrote:
If you applied in May, you haven't yet reached the 'standard' 6 month mark after which the Home Office will respond to enquiries. You were fortunate that your MP responded to your request for intervention...usually they advise their constituents to wait until 6 months have passed.
If I waited 6 months before writing to my MP then nobody at the HO would have been assigned to my case. Instead I'd be getting the letter many April applicants are getting informing them their cases will take another 3 months.

Are you following the timeline threads at all? It seems like you're not.
If I wasn't moderating the thread...I wouldn't be posting here. You're assuming that your case was only assigned to a case worker due to your MP contacting them. :| This is the guidance..
"You’ll be sent a letter from UKVI after 6 months to update you on the progress of your application. You don’t need to contact UKVI about this."

By the way...'assigned to a case worker' is their standard response.
(Casa, not CR001)