ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

do they ring the employer before issuing full res card?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

do they ring the employer before issuing full res card?

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:40 am

someone on here told me they ring the employer before they issue the full residence card? hope thats not true as i left my job last week as my wife prengant and decision is due on 26th sep :/ can anyone let me know if this is the case ? i still payroll until end of sep anyway, i thought decision date only late because of a back log in ireland i there 8 months sent so much frigging paperwork and payslips if they ring employer a week before i think i will go mental no one ever told me this if i had known i'd of kept the job until sep 26th, some1 clarify if this is true????

iluvireland

Re: do they ring the employer before issuing full res card?

Post by iluvireland » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:24 am

Did you apply for EU1 ? If yes.

They all ways ring employers before issue 5 years eufam card.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:34 am

when do they ring :/ what should i do??? :( will they refuse ? im good terms with my boss think be worth ringing her or even go back for it just forget it now and cut my loses and claim for the uk 5yr card and hope i pass the SS Route :/ ??

also what annoys me is no one mentioned this when i seeked advise if going to uk before having full card would be ok, not a big deal but if my wife fails to remain in the uk that means her going bk home and we have to start from square one again!

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Wed Sep 16, 2015 3:24 am

Hi there is no time frame but usually they ring last month .
They might ask how hours work.when work . Ect.
If managers say don't work. They will refuse.

I think better ask manager and explain your situation.

Don't worry if you show job again they will issue 5 years eufam :D

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:06 am

how do you know they ring the job? what do you mean dont worry u mean they issue the 5yr card in the uk? we in the uk now so we dont really wanna go back to ireland but at least if she had the card its a backup...i guess just have to email my manager and hope for the best?

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 am

p.s also did u keep sending payslips? as i kept them updated all way up until last week of my employment maybe they rang because u did not give extra payslips???

iluvireland

Post by iluvireland » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:20 am

No. Doesn't work like this.
Doesn't matter you send payslip or not. They always ring or visit work place for verification.
Relax and try to get new job.

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:27 am

WE NOT IN IRELAND NOW! just wanted the card for back up incase had to return incase uk refuse her to remain , how do u even know this anyway? surely dont go ringing every employer OUR PLAN IS TO STAY THE UK ! WE JUST WANTED THE IRELAND CARD INCASE WE DECIDED TO GO BACK IF SHE COUD NOT REMAIN IN THE UK DOES THAT MAKE SENSE\?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:27 am

Hey,
I didn't realise they always ring too, but I guess it's their way of verifying, if ur employer says u left all u can do is pray.
Quite a few people told me this week that they always ring just before they give the letter. I work for a big company and the head office is in the UK, I remember inis asking me to send a phone no for the Dublin office. Couple of weeks ago. Now I realise its for the purpose of verifying my employment.
It came as a shock to me too but thank God am still working. I never planned to leave until my husband gets the letter for 5 yrs
Speak to your manager but I doubt she will lie that you are still in employment with her tho. Goodluck

robsters
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by robsters » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:23 pm

well is it possible they could still grant the card ???

also is it really needed for remaining in the uk? as we are in the uk now so our plan just to apply for the uk residence card, i also doubt my manager would want to lie as well :/

at the end of the day we wouldnt want to return to ireland longs the full card is not needed for final residence in the uk?

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:22 am

hey,
I feel INIS is just taking the meek now, I got an email asking for my employers contact number again.
I had given them the number a months ago and explained to them that the head office is in the UK and HR is based in the Uk, all correspondence have to be sent to the uk
they refused and insist I give them an Irish number, I gave the office number for Ireland but the office redirected them to the Uk as well.

am so confused now bcos this is absolutely ridiculous, am sure this wont be the first time they will have an applicant who works for a multi national company. I told them in the email to visit my office if they want to verify my employment we have no hr team in Ireland they will have to ring the Uk.
my husbands Temp stamp 4 will expire in 2 weeks.

Love211

Post by Love211 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:59 pm

adedayoh wrote:hey,
I feel INIS is just taking the meek now, I got an email asking for my employers contact number again.
I had given them the number a months ago and explained to them that the head office is in the UK and HR is based in the Uk, all correspondence have to be sent to the uk
they refused and insist I give them an Irish number, I gave the office number for Ireland but the office redirected them to the Uk as well.

am so confused now bcos this is absolutely ridiculous, am sure this wont be the first time they will have an applicant who works for a multi national company. I told them in the email to visit my office if they want to verify

my employment we have no hr team in Ireland t
hey will have to ring the Uk.

Yes the do ring and some cases the called in to work place.
my husbands Temp stamp 4 will expire in 2 weeks.

Love211

Post by Love211 » Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:06 pm

hi

you are the not 1st or last who work for large company etc you don't need Hr or head office u can give your manager number etc it must be irish line number if the not get reply or contact with the number the will going to refuse nd u have to do all paper work again nd wait 6 month more why u keep saying ur head office in UK no help you must give irish number the have access to see phone number own to what company etc nd nothing help if angry or work any job the go with system nd law just give management number the call nd only ask is she still working here that's all . good luck

adedayoh

Post by adedayoh » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:18 pm

thanx a lot, my team leader has a work phone and she doesn't mind speaking to them