ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee live & work abroad in professional capacity

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cool mind

Referee live & work abroad in professional capacity

Post by cool mind » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:01 pm

Hi,
Is there any member who succeed in naturalization by using one of the referee living & working abroad in professional capacity? Can someone living & working back home to the same country as the applicant is and is working top level government level job then can he act as referee for naturalization application by supplying all of his contact details??

noajthan

Re: Referee live & work abroad in professional capacity

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:08 pm

cool mind wrote:Hi,
Is there any member who succeed in naturalization by using one of the referee living & working abroad in professional capacity? Can someone living & working back home to the same country as the applicant is and is working top level government level job then can he act as referee for naturalization application by supplying all of his contact details??
See similar case:
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... e#p1239917
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:11 pm

Your link does not work.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:22 pm

cool mind wrote:Your link does not work.
Works for me
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:28 pm

I can now read it but it does not answer in yes or no. If someone paste the official quote here and practical successful experience in doing so. Because I know one referee must be British and I am asking for 2nd referee which can it be from abroad common wealth country??

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:51 pm

cool mind wrote:I can now read it but it does not answer in yes or no. If someone paste the official quote here and practical successful experience in doing so. Because I know one referee must be British and I am asking for 2nd referee which can it be from abroad common wealth country??
Did you read the guidance in the link - in particular section 6.3.7.7 :?:
- it tells all you need to know

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:17 pm

Its still unclear because the guideline at 6.3.7.7 is saying that if the applicant is living abroad and don't know the British passport holder. But how about as my question that if the applicant is in UK but only knows one British passport holder then for 2nd referee can he use the referee live and work abroad??

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:46 pm

:roll: :?:

Universal soldier
BANNED

Post by Universal soldier » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:24 pm

cool mind wrote:Its still unclear because the guideline at 6.3.7.7 is saying that if the applicant is living abroad and don't know the British passport holder. But how about as my question that if the applicant is in UK but only knows one British passport holder then for 2nd referee can he use the referee live and work abroad??
It's indeed very tricky that's even the big big forum experts get silent.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:41 pm

cool mind wrote:Its still unclear because the guideline at 6.3.7.7 is saying that if the applicant is living abroad and don't know the British passport holder. But how about as my question that if the applicant is in UK but only knows one British passport holder then for 2nd referee can he use the referee live and work abroad??
Prof. referee doesn't need a British passport at least.

Why not nominate the person, try it & see.

As per the guidance, referees are not routinely contacted.
And if HO objects to a particular referee they will simply write & ask for another.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:34 am

Maximum how long before of sending application the referee should fill the form??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:37 am

cool mind wrote:Maximum how long before of sending application the referee should fill the form??
Max 6 months
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:06 am

CR001 wrote:
cool mind wrote:Maximum how long before of sending application the referee should fill the form??
Max 6 months
Is that 6 months count from the day ukba received the application or the date when they decide application??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:43 am

day ukba received the application
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:16 pm

Whether the both referee should date the form at referee section on same date or their signing dates can be different from each other? Secondly, the 6 months rules as asked in previous post apllies to each referee's date of signing the form differently (respectively) or jointly??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:26 pm

cool mind wrote:Whether the both referee should date the form at referee section on same date or their signing dates can be different from each other? Secondly, the 6 months rules as asked in previous post apllies to each referee's date of signing the form differently or jointly??
There is no requirement that states that both referees need to sign the form on the same date. The requirement is for both referees to sign the form within 6 months of the date the home office receive your application.

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:38 pm

cs95tdg wrote:
cool mind wrote:Whether the both referee should date the form at referee section on same date or their signing dates can be different from each other? Secondly, the 6 months rules as asked in previous post apllies to each referee's date of signing the form differently or jointly??
There is no requirement that states that both referees need to sign the form on the same date. The requirement is for both referees to sign the form within 6 months of the date the home office receive your application.
But does that 6 months clock starts applies respectively depending on their dates of signing. For example the the 1st referee signed on 01/06/2015 & 2nd referee signed on 01/07/2015 then in this case is that correct that 6 months clock will apply respectively according to their dates??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:58 pm

If HO receives your application on 1/11/2015, the dates of the referees signature must not be older than 30/4/2015, regardless of when in the 6 months they signed the form. It is not complicated, it is 6 months counting backwards from the date HO RECEIVES your application.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:10 pm

CR001 wrote:If HO receives your application on 1/11/2015, the dates of the referees signature must not be older than 30/4/2015, regardless of when in the 6 months they signed the form. It is not complicated, it is 6 months counting backwards from the date HO RECEIVES your application.
But what I am mainly asking that if the referee has filled & signed at entirely different dates then whether that 6 month clock will apply both of them respectively as per their dates?????

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:29 pm

You are really over complicating this. They both need to sign, on whichever date, WITHIN the 6 months period counting backwards from date HO receives your application. I can be the first day of the 6 months or the last day of the 6 months, it DOES NOT matter. The 6 months applies to YOU and the day HO receives YOUR application.

Also bear in mind that the forms do change and you would need to ensure you are completing and they are signing the most up to date form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:27 pm

CR001 wrote: Also bear in mind that the forms do change and you would need to ensure you are completing and they are signing the most up to date form.
How about if the old form gets change and referee has already signed old form then can these referee pages be add to new form if these section of referees has not been changed??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:09 pm

If the pages haven't changed it should be fine. This year, the two different versions of the forms, the referee pages were a bit different.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:16 pm

CR001 wrote:If the pages haven't changed it should be fine. This year, the two different versions of the forms, the referee pages were a bit different.
Usually when the form changes? Any news when next the form is changing??

cool mind

Post by cool mind » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:31 pm

I suspect the form may change after 5th November when English language requirement changes? Will they change referee section??

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:08 pm

cool mind wrote:I suspect the form may change after 5th November when English language requirement changes? Will they change referee section??
Unfortunately I don't think anyone can answer that question until after that date. It's probably best to wait and see. Personally I doubt those pages will change, unless they decide to change the form version - in which case the footer details on the form would change. Page numbering may possibly also change. From previous poster experiences, what I've gathered is that they have accepted older versions of the form during transition periods.

I'll be applying in mid November, so am keeping an eye out to see if a new version is published as well.
Last edited by cs95tdg on Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.