ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (only)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Sasiay456
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 (registration) application processing timelines (onl

Post by Sasiay456 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:11 pm

Hello forum friends.

I need to ask a question if someone can please help. I applied for my sons naturalisation in july and as i can see Ho is taking too long to send approvals so im not expecting mine to return in atleast 1 month from today. He was born in Uk. Problem is i need to urgently travel to pakistan my dad is not well. My son has pakistan pasport and NICOP too i want to know if i travel with my son on his pakistani past two weeks will there be any prblms for him then? Like can they question me how my child was living in uk because he has no valid visa etc?
Thanks?
Last edited by Sasiay456 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sq

Post by sq » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:12 pm

babycakes wrote:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... egulations. id="IL_AD1" class="IL_AD">pdf</span>

Please see the link above for children born outside the UK to non British parents the child needs to be without restriction on their stay in the UK, meaning have indefinite leave to remain before they will be permitted to register as British .[/quote]

Thanks babycakes

That mean I am not eligible for my daughter registration.

Now my baby visa is expired on 20/08/2015, can I apply ILR now for her or FLR FP, If i can apply IlR than SET O or SET F which application please.

babycakes

Post by babycakes » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:42 pm

sq

Post by sq » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:59 pm

THANKS A LOT babycake

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:32 pm

Hi SQ

U should go for reconsideration first it's only 80 pound and highlight chapter 9 ,requirements of child born outside UK
And if reconsideration fail then u can go for ilr

sq

Post by sq » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:33 pm

ALI97 wrote:Hi SQ

U should go for reconsideration first it's only 80 pound and highlight chapter 9 ,requirements of child born outside UK
And if reconsideration fail then u can go for ilr
Thanks Ali

I am planning for consideration but do u have any idea how long it will take time for reconsideration please. I highlighted below article also:

Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion – Section 3(1) application
Children born abroad to parents who are applying for British citizenship
Where one or both parents are applying for British citizenship they may apply for one
or more children who are not automatically British at birth (see “Automatic acquisition
of British citizenship” above) to be registered as British citizens as part of a “family
application”. Children in this category will be considered at the Home Secretary’s
discretion and will usually be registered only if both the parents are granted or already
hold British citizenship, or if one parent holds British citizenship and the other is
settled in the UK.

ALI97
Pakistan

Post by ALI97 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:00 pm

Hi Sq ...
Ayub was successful but after 2 tries similar case as yours
And for reconsideration they normally take about one month it's vary case to case

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 63560.html

rajvet

Post by rajvet » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Hi All a strange thing happened today I applied for my daughters under section 1(3) on 27/07/2015 biometrics enrolled on 04/09/2015 . But I have received another exactly same letter today for biometric enrollment. Can anybody please help me what should I do now.
Thanks

Sasiay456
Newly Registered

Post by Sasiay456 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:29 pm

Hello forum friends.

I need to ask a question if someone can please help. I applied for my sons naturalisation in july and as i can see Ho is taking too long to send approvals so im not expecting mine to return in atleast 1 month from today. He was born in Uk. Problem is i need to urgently travel to pakistan my dad is not well. My son has pakistan pasport and NICOP too i want to know if i travel with my son on his pakistani past will there be any prblms for him then? Like can they question me how my child was living in uk because he has no valid visa etc?
Thanks.

sq

Post by sq » Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:24 am

ALI97 wrote:Hi Sq ...
Ayub was successful but after 2 tries similar case as yours
And for reconsideration they normally take about one month it's vary case to case

http://www.immigrationboards.com/britis ... 63560.html
Thanks Ali97

Good information on this link: After read all this information, I got confidence that I will go first for reconsideration if not success than I will go for SET F, I was bit worried that my daughter visa is expired but SET F can apply after visa expired also.

Allesheikh

Post by Allesheikh » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:50 pm

Hi

You can travel with your son you will not have any problems going to Pakistan but he won't be able to enter UK without valid visa or registration certificate.

Why don't you contact HO and your local MP to expedite your sons application and attach doctor letter I'm sure they will send you in 10 working days hopefully. Make sure you attach doctor letter.

Good luck I hope you get soon. May Allah give shifa to ur dad.

Thanks
Ali
Sasiay456 wrote:Hello forum friends.

I need to ask a question if someone can please help. I applied for my sons naturalisation in july and as i can see Ho is taking too long to send approvals so im not expecting mine to return in atleast 1 month from today. He was born in Uk. Problem is i need to urgently travel to pakistan my dad is not well. My son has pakistan pasport and NICOP too i want to know if i travel with my son on his pakistani past will there be any prblms for him then? Like can they question me how my child was living in uk because he has no valid visa etc?
Thanks.

iramkk

Post by iramkk » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:41 am

I am getting conflicting information from different sources, hence the query here.

Myself and my wife are due for ILR at the end of October and we have booked a PEO appointment for both of us.

I am planning to get an Indian passport for my UK born 4 month old child, as we are planning to travel to India in December. This is because we will not have time to apply for MN1 registration & British passport for the child.

Whether to apply for FLR(O) or SET(O) for our child, along with our ILR applications? or to apply which visa from India?

Sasiay456
Newly Registered

Post by Sasiay456 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:50 am

Hi thanks for your reply

Once i go i will stay there for some time and mean while if my sons certificate arrives my husband will apply for his pasport and then he will come as well bringing
Along my sons British pasport. So should ther be any problm? Do you relevant number where to contact them for this enquiry?

Thanks
Allesheikh wrote:Hi

You can travel with your son you will not have any problems going to Pakistan but he won't be able to enter UK without valid visa or registration certificate.

Why don't you contact HO and your local MP to expedite your sons application and attach doctor letter I'm sure they will send you in 10 working days hopefully. Make sure you attach doctor letter.

Good luck I hope you get soon. May Allah give shifa to ur dad.

Thanks
Ali
Sasiay456 wrote:Hello forum friends.

Thanks.

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:05 pm

refer : and then he will come as well bringing
Along my sons British pasport. So should ther be any problm?

Kindly dont do this it's not allowed and you will be in big big trouble . you cant move passport for a person ... your son passport will have no exit record and once he will come from abroad to UK , you will get in big trouble . wait for right time
Thanks

Ali

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:46 pm

how long I have to wait.. again it has become slow.. not hearing many.. whats going on again.. really frustrating.. keep on changing plans but no result yet.. god has to save us.. :( :( :(

as15
Newly Registered

Post by as15 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:45 pm

BSR80 wrote:how long I have to wait.. again it has become slow.. not hearing many.. whats going on again.. really frustrating.. keep on changing plans but no result yet.. god has to save us.. :( :( :(
it is indeed very frustrating, I have been calling HO twice a week for the last one month (as I have a family emergency) but all I get is a standard response. I also got in touch with my MP for help but no luck. What else can I do?

Angie15
Newly Registered

Post by Angie15 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:01 pm

Applied for my daughter since 24th of June and still Waiting!! Biometrics done and money was taken 2days later! Anyone applied on the 24th and still waiting?

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:41 pm

as15 wrote:
BSR80 wrote:how long I have to wait.. again it has become slow.. not hearing many.. whats going on again.. really frustrating.. keep on changing plans but no result yet.. god has to save us.. :( :( :(
it is indeed very frustrating, I have been calling HO twice a week for the last one month (as I have a family emergency) but all I get is a standard response. I also got in touch with my MP for help but no luck. What else can I do?
applied on 23rd April and how about you..

as15
Newly Registered

Post by as15 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:52 pm

BSR80 wrote:
as15 wrote:
applied on 23rd April and how about you..
Date of application: 24th April through NCS
Date of debit of fees: 21/05/15
Bio metric:26/05/15

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:46 pm

we gave bio metric on 22/05.. hope we receive soon..

taz123
inactive

Post by taz123 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:52 pm

Hi guys

I need help, I have applied for my son naturalisation on 01/04/15 I have applied on old rule so I don't required bio metric however I have not received any update from that apart from acknowledgement it's been more than 5 months now since I applied no update at all any 1 in the same situation or any guru can help me in this problem please

Thanks

aliq09
Member of Standing
Mood:
United States of America

Post by aliq09 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:40 am

@ taz123...

Yes , it's quiet frustrating but all we have to do is wait ... Can you do the following

1) Check with NCS if any updates come to them ( in case )
2) Check your references , have they received any call from HO ( in case)
3) Are you living at same address what was being mentioned in MN1 form ?
4) On 02/10/2015 pick up the phone and dial HO number while selecting " yes 6 months has been passed".
Thanks

Ali

avimanyu_sengupta

Post by avimanyu_sengupta » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:06 am

FOI Response from Home office for MN1 Applications done in April, May and June 015:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... 036583.pdf

AamirMK
Newly Registered

Post by AamirMK » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Dear all,
Here is the time line for my 9 year old daughter and 2 year old son. Wait is over as I have been surfing on this board when the discussion page was on number 68!! Hope you all will receive your certificates soon!

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: section 3(1);
Method of application: Royal Mail of Edinburgh
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/15
Date of debit of fees: 12/05/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:14/05/15
Biometrics were given on :15/05/15
Date of receipt of approval: 14/09/15
Date of receipt of documents: 14/09/15
Registration certificate issued for daughter on: 14/09/15(received on 17/09/15)
Registration certificate issued for Son on: 17/09/15(received on 22/09/15)

BSR80
Newly Registered

Post by BSR80 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:47 pm

AamirMK wrote:Dear all,
Here is the time line for my 9 year old daughter and 2 year old son. Wait is over as I have been surfing on this board when the discussion page was on number 68!! Hope you all will receive your certificates soon!

Application Timeline
Eligibility criteria: section 3(1);
Method of application: Royal Mail of Edinburgh
Date of receipt by UKBA: 14/04/15
Date of debit of fees: 12/05/15
Date of receipt of acknowledgement:14/05/15
Biometrics were given on :15/05/15
Date of receipt of approval: 14/09/15
Date of receipt of documents: 14/09/15
Registration certificate issued for daughter on: 14/09/15(received on 17/09/15)
Registration certificate issued for Son on: 17/09/15(received on 22/09/15)
Congratulations!! may I know like did you enquire homeoffice through phone/email, if yes please let us know..