ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

errors on Homeoffice letter student visa requested documents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pakstar

errors on Homeoffice letter student visa requested documents

Post by pakstar » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:03 pm

I have applied for Leave to Remain as student on 30th August, at end of sep i recieve homeoffice letter requesting sponsor letter, and universtity registration letter, which i already sent
After sending all required documents,

I just recieve another letter today with writing errors,
1. No homeoffice reference number mentiond on letter
2. it says contact on above number, where no number is mentioned on letter.
3. letter says, "your recent application for "free text"" again text error here.
4. letter asking Wage slips, bank statement, employer letter, whereas I already mentioned that I am not working in UK as student and bank statement of sponsor has already been sent on first letter.
5. it says "bank statement for number months". they did not replace number with any numeric sign.

Letter has returning address sticker. Letter is from differnt officer as of earlier one.

I spoke to homeoffice advisor and she told me to neglect all errors and just to send requested documents. I told her I don't have these documents should i send it in written, she said yeh send wrriten.

my question is having considered all mistakes on letter is it possible it isjust an homeoffice error? or what i should send them?

thanks for help

INSIDER

Post by INSIDER » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:20 pm

Sounds to me like someone has not done their job properly.

Most letters sent out by the Home Office are templates which have to be modified by the writer to fit the particular circumstances of the case.

Obviously the Home Office official here has neglected to do this. Make a copy of the letter for your own records and send back the original with an explanation as to why you can't send the documents they requested and point out you think the letter is a mistake.

pakstar

Post by pakstar » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:07 pm

thanks INSIDER
My question was, is it some computer button / text error ?
Or
Immigration officer intended to ask these things but neglected to fill all other things in letter?

hsmpwpilr

Post by hsmpwpilr » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:44 pm

Only the HO can answer this question.

IMO, immigration officer intended to request for the documents, however certain fields were not populated correctly.