ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Red light contravention and Naturalisation

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Yousuf.Khan
Newly Registered

Red light contravention and Naturalisation

Post by Yousuf.Khan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:39 am

Hi Amber,

I have recently got the letter from London Metro Police for contravention of red light and my natursalion is due in May 2015
I have filled my details and sent them back do you think if i got three points and fixed penalty will it affect my naturalisation application .I know my two friends has got three points and fixed penalties they have mentioned in the application form and still got their British passport .Please advise me

Thanks

Yousuf

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Red light contravention and Naturalisation

Post by Amber » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:16 am

Insofar as you've only had one FPN in the 12 months prior to applying, there shouldn't be an issue.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

Yousuf.Khan
Newly Registered

Post by Yousuf.Khan » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:40 am

Thanks Amber

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:59 pm

Hi can you please advise
I crossed red light and was fined £100 and three points on licence. This happened in January 2015.I have appointment booked at NCS on 15/10/2015.Do I need to worry about if that can cause any complications ? I am applying on the basis of HSMP+Tier1+ILR bases.

My second concern is the life in the uk test.Is there any expiry dates involved with it?.i cleared mine in August 2013.

Please advise as I am not getting luck Inthe searching forum for similar cases.
Regards

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:05 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:Hi can you please advise
I crossed red light and was fined £100 and three points on licence. This happened in January 2015.I have appointment booked at NCS on 15/10/2015.Do I need to worry about if that can cause any complications ? I am applying on the basis of HSMP+Tier1+ILR bases.

My second concern is the life in the uk test.Is there any expiry dates involved with it?.i cleared mine in August 2013.

Regards
Yes, a non-custodial conviction can cause 'complications' if within past 3 years, more so if within previous 12 months to a naturalisation application.

What was your case specifically: was it a FPN or something more?
See section 9 of guidance:
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... n_2015.pdf

LITUK test does not expire so all good on that front.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:56 am

Hi Noajthan

what complicatiosn can it cause? does that mean one shouldnt apply till those point are cleared from licence which is in the 4th year

in my case it was just a £100 and three point on licence.

Regards

noajthan wrote:

Regards
Yes, a non-custodial conviction can cause 'complications' if within past 3 years, more so if within previous 12 months to a naturalisation application.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:16 am

hi
i also found this

Fixed Penalty Notices, Penalty Charge Notices and Penalty Notices for Disorder are imposed by the Police or other authorised enforcement officers for traffic rule violations, environmental and civil violations. It is a way of the criminal justice system disposing of fairly minor offences without the need for a person to attend court. Receiving one does not form part of a person’s criminal record as there is no admission of guilt.
The decision maker will not consider these unless the person has:
a. failed to pay and there were criminal proceedings as a result; or
b. received numerous fixed penalty notices which would suggest a pattern of behaviour that calls into question their character.
noajthan wrote:

Regards

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:34 pm

hi
can anyone help?

regards

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Yeah if its 1 within the last 12 months .. it wouldn't effect the application
But if its few, then that might affect your application as it is an indication that you have no respect to the law.

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:18 pm

HI
Thanks for reply
Can i ask where you are in terms of the process?
Regards
saanju9 wrote:Yeah if its 1 within the last 12 months .. it wouldn't effect the application
But if its few, then that might affect your application as it is an indication that you have no respect to the law.

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Son_of_Soil wrote:HI
Thanks for reply
Regards
saanju9 wrote:Yeah if its 1 within the last 12 months .. it wouldn't effect the application
Biometrics done and awaiting approval

Son_of_Soil
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by Son_of_Soil » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:36 pm

So where did you fill in the traffic offence info? also, could you provide me with list of documents i need to carry?

saanju9 wrote:
Son_of_Soil wrote:HI
Thanks for reply
Regards
Biometrics done and awaiting approval

ramki_sri
Newly Registered

Post by ramki_sri » Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:08 am

Hi Saanju9,

Did you apply for your naturalisation? If so, did you declare the Red light traffic offence ? My wife has the same issue of traffic light offence in march 2015 and was given an option to attend What's Driving us course, there was no penalty points or fines or Criminal prosecution. We are applying for naturalisation in a few days time. Any help in clarifying whether to declare in the application, and if so, under which section would be very much appreciated.