ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit to spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Work permit to spouse visa

Post by princesssarah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:17 am

Hi I am new here. I got so many questions regarding spouse visa.

I am having problems providing 6 proof of address as I and my fiance didn't immediately live together. However I changed my bank statements (two bank accounts), mobile bill and GP addresses to his on last week of July. We will intend to marry this month and will plan to apply for spouse visa after the wedding. He is a british citizen and I am non-EEU holding a work permit. We used to live separately 115 miles away. By the time I changed my address last July, I started moving some of my things to his. Basically I am using his address now as my main address. We see each other every week, 4 times a week on average. I still need to stay here up North only because my work sponsor is based here. We call and text each other everyday if we are far away or even though he is just at work and I am just at home.

BTW we met each other March this year. We are just so in love and we cant wait to be together!! This making me ill ...

What shall I do about the proof of address if I cannot honestly provide 6 items?

Thanks for your help.

vinny

Re: Work permit to spouse visa

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:39 am

What sort of work permit do you hold and how long have you held it in the UK?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:05 am

Hi Vinny,

Tier 2 General and for 3 years. Will end on 2017:)

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:52 am

They don't expect married couples to be living together prior to marriage. Intention to live together is sufficient at this stage. Just supply what you have.

Note that if you switch, then your qualifying period for SET(M) will be reset to five years from grant of initial FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:21 am

You will also have to pay the NHS Surcharge of £500 in addition to the FLR(M) visa fee.
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... n/overview
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:12 pm

vinny wrote:They don't expect married couples to be living together prior to marriage. Intention to live together is sufficient at this stage. Just supply what you have.

Note that if you switch, then your qualifying period for SET(M) will be reset to five years from grant of initial FLR(M).

Thanks Vinny,

On the application form, do you know which category am I applying for?

Also I have concerns about the financial requirements. My fiance earns £1500-£1600 per month after tax, but only because he is doing extra hours and there are weekend enhancements. He works for elderly people. He signed this "opting out" agreement form which allows him to work more than 48 hours a week (which I think is the maximum hours a person could do per week, unless otherwise legally stated). His contracted hours since March is 50 per week, but sometimes he do more than that.

Now, I am not sure if the Home would consider this?
What shall we do about his employment contract regarding this?

Thank you!

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:20 pm

Casa wrote:You will also have to pay the NHS Surcharge of £500 in addition to the FLR(M) visa fee.
https://www.gov.uk/healthcare-immigrati ... n/overview

Oh wow.. Another £500. Thans for the link Casa.
So my form is FLR (M). Do you know what is the latest version of this form. I want to make sure because if would be invalid otherwise. I got the April 2015 version. Is it the one?

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Hello,

Do you think if my father's middle name is incorrect in one letter it would cause a problem? We tried to change it in the register office but they said it would take a month. And we need to apply for spouse visa as soon as possible. Instead of Revilla, they wrote Revillo. The handwriting was confusing until i saw the typewritten version of the certificate.

Help!

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:25 pm

Can someone help me please :'(

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:56 pm

princesssarah wrote:Can someone help me please :'(
Deep breaths, breathe and relax.

On fiance's work contract, if it is a legal contract with legal terms & conditions then you have provided the details requested on the form.
HO will consider that against their rules.

The Gov UK website will have latest version of any/all forms.
Always, always check just before you submit any application to UKVI/HO that the relevant form has not been changed in past few days;
(that caught me out once over one Easter weekend)

On name mistake, it's unclear what document is wrong and what it is being used as evidence for.
if it's some problem with the register office suggest ask them if it matters & what to do.
If it relates to the application form you can add some explanation in the additional/further information section of the form.

Again breathe, relax.
Take this slowly, slowly or you will get exhausted.

Keep copies & scans of all forms & documents so you have a complete record of your application.
You are clearly crosschecking & verifying all details which is a good approach - don't give the authorities any 'wriggle room'.

One day you will be able to laugh about all of this .
Best of luck.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:08 pm

princesssarah wrote:
vinny wrote:They don't expect married couples to be living together prior to marriage. Intention to live together is sufficient at this stage. Just supply what you have.

Thanks Vinny,

On the application form, do you know which category am I applying for?

Also I have concerns about the financial requirements. My fiance earns £1500-£1600 per month after tax, but only because he is doing extra hours and there are weekend enhancements. He works for elderly people. He signed this "opting out" agreement form which allows him to work more than 48 hours a week (which I think is the maximum hours a person could do per week, unless otherwise legally stated). His contracted hours since March is 50 per week, but sometimes he do more than that.

Now, I am not sure if the Home would consider this?
What shall we do about his employment contract regarding this?

Thank you!
Joint income will be considered in the financial calculation.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:39 pm

noajthan wrote:
princesssarah wrote:Can someone help me please :'(
Deep breaths, breathe and relax.

On fiance's work contract, if it is a legal contract with legal terms & conditions then you have provided the details requested on the form.
HO will consider that against their rules.

The Gov UK website will have latest version of any/all forms.
Always, always check just before you submit any application to UKVI/HO that the relevant form has not been changed in past few days;
(that caught me out once over one Easter weekend)

On name mistake, it's unclear what document is wrong and what it is being used as evidence for.
if it's some problem with the register office suggest ask them if it matters & what to do.
If it relates to the application form you can add some explanation in the additional/further information section of the form.

Again breathe, relax.
Take this slowly, slowly or you will get exhausted.

Keep copies & scans of all forms & documents so you have a complete record of your application.
You are clearly crosschecking & verifying all details which is a good approach - don't give the authorities any 'wriggle room'.

One day you will be able to laugh about all of this .
Best of luck.
Thanks to you whoever you are!

My father's name (middle name) is spelt wrong (Instead of Revilla, its Revillo) on my marriage certificate :'(

Does anyone know what's the difference between form FLR (fp) and FLR (m)? How sure that it is FLR (m) for me?

Thank you brothers and sisters!

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:50 pm

100% FLR(M)
(Casa, not CR001)

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:57 pm

Casa wrote:100% FLR(M)
Thanks Casa. I just printed it now.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:57 pm

princesssarah wrote:Thanks to you whoever you are!

My father's name (middle name) is spelt wrong (Instead of Revilla, its Revillo) on my marriage certificate :'(

Does anyone know what's the difference between form FLR (fp) and FLR (m)? How sure that it is FLR (m) for me?

I'm just a person who has struggled with UKBA & HO for my own family with immigration & citizenship matters over several years.

A marriage certificate is (ofcourse) a record of your marriage.
If it's a UK certificate (or similar to UK format) the father's names are there as points of record.
You are still married as per the certificate.

For a UK marriage, the question is whether the error is in the certificate alone or in the marriage register too.
See https://www.gov.uk/correct-marriage-registration

If your name uses your father's name (for example in the Hispanic tradition) it's probably more important to have your name spelt correctly in all official documents (passport/ID & etc).

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:13 pm

noajthan wrote:
princesssarah wrote:Thanks to you whoever you are!

I'm just a person who has struggled with UKBA & HO for my own family with immigration & citizenship matters over several years.

A marriage certificate is (ofcourse) a record of your marriage.
If it's a UK certificate (or similar to UK format) the father's names are there as points of record.
You are still married as per the certificate.

For a UK marriage, the question is whether the error is in the certificate alone or in the marriage register too.
See https://www.gov.uk/correct-marriage-registration

If your name uses your father's name (for example in the Hispanic tradition) it's probably more important to have your name spelt correctly in all official documents (passport/ID & etc).

Hello again,

Thank you for your effort to reply. I am doing deep breathing exercise as I am personally stressed out about all of these documents. Why o why?

I just want to be happy huhuhu

Anyway, my full name does not consist of my father's middle name. I have his surname but not his middle name (surname of his mother).

I will have a look at the link that you gave me.

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:28 pm

Hello brothers & sisters, I have some questions:

1. If the manager does not want to give my husband's contract of employment, is the letter of employment sufficient containing: his name, place of employment, job title, contracted hours, annual salary, gross earnings 2014/2015 based on p60, employment start date, type of employment, and the period since he has an increased pay rate 1 year ago. This letter is on the official headed paper of the company with contact details.

We do not know the real reason why the manager does not want to give the contract.

2. On question 7.3 FLR (M) form, under income from salaried employment, what should be written on the current annual salary? Is it his annual salary based on his basic pay for a year or the one on p60 which includes his overtime?

3. How will I know if my academic qualification is recognised by UK NARIC? I tool IELTS on 28th February 2015, got the results after two weeks, all scores are okay for academic. Can I use this for this application?

4. Regarding his proofs of address, his latest bills for EDF energy and Southern Water are June 2015 because it comes every 3 months. We haven't received the one for September or October. Are these bills can be used?

5. Which documents should not be later than 28days? Is it counted based on the date we booked an appointment or the date of appointment itself? We are going for premium service.

I really appreciate anyone who will put effort to answer my queries. Thank you very much.

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:44 pm

princesssarah wrote:Hello brothers & sisters, I have some questions:

1. If the manager does not want to give my husband's contract of employment, is the letter of employment sufficient containing: his name, place of employment, job title, contracted hours, annual salary, gross earnings 2014/2015 based on p60, employment start date, type of employment, and the period since he has an increased pay rate 1 year ago. This letter is on the official headed paper of the company with contact details.

We do not know the real reason why the manager does not want to give the contract.

3. How will I know if my academic qualification is recognised by UK NARIC? I tool IELTS on 28th February 2015, got the results after two weeks, all scores are okay for academic. Can I use this for this application?

4. Regarding his proofs of address, his latest bills for EDF energy and Southern Water are June 2015 because it comes every 3 months. We haven't received the one for September or October. Are these bills can be used?

1) Sounds adequate.

As an aside: an employment contract does not have to be in writing, it could be verbal.

But all employees are entitled to a written statement, within 2 months of starting work; (is employer a slow typist?)

See https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ ... s-at-work/
&
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ ... mployment/

3) For proof of English, an IELTS test is not supposed to be ratified by NARIC (that's for degrees used as proof of English).

Check your qualification is on the Ofqual website.
And be aware of changes in November.

See https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

4) Within 3 months is reasonable & seems acceptable.

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:40 am

noajthan wrote:
princesssarah wrote:Hello brothers & sisters, I have some questions:

1) Sounds adequate.

As an aside: an employment contract does not have to be in writing, it could be verbal.

But all employees are entitled to a written statement, within 2 months of starting work; (is employer a slow typist?)

See https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ ... s-at-work/
&
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/ ... mployment/

3) For proof of English, an IELTS test is not supposed to be ratified by NARIC (that's for degrees used as proof of English).

Check your qualification is on the Ofqual website.
And be aware of changes in November.

See https://www.gov.uk/english-language/app ... ifications

4) Within 3 months is reasonable & seems acceptable.
Hi, Thanks for your reply.

1. He gave him the contract but the old one. The contract that he supposed to give him when he started working! Do you think it makes sense of showing it with the current letter of employment?

3. Sorry i forgot to mention, I studied nursing in one of the universities in England and I want to know if this is recognised by UK NARIC? Then I took IELTS Feb 2015. I'll have a look on the link you gave me.

4. That's good to know!

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:45 am

Hello,

Anyone wants to answer my questions number 2 and 5? Thank you so much!

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:09 am

And if my husband's income is sufficient, do i need to include my salary on the application? Thanks!

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:35 am

And if my husband's income is sufficient, do i need to include my salary on the application? Thanks!

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:38 am

Hello...

Please....

Can someone help me?:(

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:37 pm

Appendix FM-SE specifies the acceptable documents.

princesssarah
Newly Registered

Post by princesssarah » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:32 pm

vinny wrote:Appendix FM-SE specifies the acceptable documents.
I got all payslips, bank statements, letter of employment and p60, except contract. Letter of employment contains the infos that i need to show based on Appendix FM SE. Still confused if I need to include my salary as I am under work permit, though i know my hubby's income is sufficient. Under question 7.3A income from salaried employment, it has two columns, and saying only complete this section if you and/or your sponsor is working. We are both working.

Thank you Vinny and sorry for bothering people here.