ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

becoming self employed in UK

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

detroitmichiganUS
Newly Registered

becoming self employed in UK

Post by detroitmichiganUS » Fri Nov 09, 2007 7:01 pm

Hello there ,I 've got a question , I am planning a trip to Europe, was thinkin' to move to UK (I am romanian citizen) so I have the right to do so, my question is ... what's the procedure of becoming self employed in the UK.. EU, etc.. ..Am I goin' to be allowed to open up bills , bank account under my name based on the romanian ID card or passport,how that works? Thank you guys

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:11 pm

As a Romanian citizen you have the right to enter the UK, but very limited rights to take employment. The link following contains the basic info you need:
http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/6353/2 ... abulg2.pdf

You can set up as self-employed, but you will see that it is recommended to register as soon as possible with HM Revenue & Customs.

You should be able to open a bank account - why not enquire with one of the UK Banks eg HSBC, Barclays, before you leave the US?