ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

First British Passport and lack of referees.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sylime
Newly Registered

First British Passport and lack of referees.

Post by sylime » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:37 am

Hello,
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here I am. I will (hopefully) have British Citizenship soon and I will be moving (from Australia) to the UK. I wanted to apply for my passport once I am over there but I don't know anyone who is a professional (on the list of suitable referees) and no one has known me for two years. I wonder if I will be able to apply for my passport without these things? Then I did wonder if I should just apply from Australia before I go - as I can get a Commonwealth citizen to do it (I know plenty of registered nurses and they are on the list).

I hope someone may be able to offer me some advice on what to do.
Thank you :)

noajthan

Re: First British Passport and lack of referees.

Post by noajthan » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:11 am

sylime wrote:Hello,
I am not sure if this is the right place to ask, but here I am. I will (hopefully) have British Citizenship soon and I will be moving (from Australia) to the UK. I wanted to apply for my passport once I am over there but I don't know anyone who is a professional (on the list of suitable referees) and no one has known me for two years. I wonder if I will be able to apply for my passport without these things? Then I did wonder if I should just apply from Australia before I go - as I can get a Commonwealth citizen to do it (I know plenty of registered nurses and they are on the list).

I hope someone may be able to offer me some advice on what to do.
Thank you :)
You may be able to use a referee from Australia, see similar question (but in connection with naturalisation):
british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 94127.html
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.