ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I need help

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arleneauray

I need help

Post by arleneauray » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:46 am

Hi can someone help me pls,, as iam really confused now. Im a family member of eu national, my husband entered uk 2007, hes french. We got married nov. 2010.. i was hoping i could apply pr this november because thatsthe 5 year. But when i recall my husband has no job year from may, june, july 2011, he didnt sign in in job center and i couldnt find any emails that he did looking for job.
my question is will this be problem if i apply for my pr this nov. If i did apply is there a chance my application will be successful
and also my visa will run out next yr of april.
Pls help any advice

secret.simon

Re: I need help

Post by secret.simon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:39 am

For the period that he was unemployed, did he have Comprehensive Sickness Insurance (basically, private health insurance)? Then he could be classified as a self-sufficient person.

Else, his exercise of treaty rights has been broken (as he was not working, seeking work or being self-sufficient with CSI) and the clock for PR for both him and you would have reset to zero and restarted in July 2011.

So, the earliest that you can apply for PR, if your husband did not have CSI in that period, is July 2016.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:47 am

He doesnt have, but my worry is my visa will expire april of 2016, and as u said i can apply end of July, what will happen then.... thank you

arleneauray

Post by arleneauray » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:36 am

Anyone... help

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:41 am

Please don't open multiple threads. You have already been given advice in this thread:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/eea-ro ... l#p1247364
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.