ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visit Visa Refused TWICE

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

xeel

Family Visit Visa Refused TWICE

Post by xeel » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Dear all,

I am hoping someone can guide me here as I have no idea what my next step should be.

Basically for my father in law and mother in law applied for a visit visa in September to visit us (my wife and our 4 year old son). We are both british citizens. We are expecting our second baby in november so I did mention that in the sponsorship letter along with my bank statements etc. I have applied for them 2 times earlier as well (few years ag) with similar documents and they got the visa without any issue. But this time it was rejected with reason being not enough evidence : "Not satisfied that they meet the requirements of paragraphs V 4.2 (a) (c) (e) of Appendix V, Immigration Rules of Visitors"

I immediately re applied as we really want them here in November (at time of delivery) along with some of their property documents in Pakistan. My father in law is a landlord and mother in law is a housewifeand we showed regular rent receipts etc. along with property ownership documents. However unfortunately they rejected the application again. I did write to my MP after first rejection. The MP replied that we can give you a supporting letter, but we had already re-applied until then.

I am totally confused now as to what I should be doing next. There is no point of re-applying as there is no other additional document they can attach. Some guidance will help please.

secret.simon

Re: Family Visit Visa Refused TWICE

Post by secret.simon » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:35 pm

Let's have a look at "4.2 (a) (c) (e) of Appendix V, Immigration Rules of Visitors":
The applicant must satisfy the decision maker that they are a genuine visitor. This means that the applicant:
(a) will leave the UK at the end of their visit; and
(b) will not live in the UK for extended periods through frequent or successive visits, or make the UK their main home; and
(c) is genuinely seeking entry for a purpose that is permitted by the visitor routes (these are listed in Appendices 3, 4 and 5); and
(d) will not undertake any prohibited activities set out in V 4.5 – V 4.10; and
(e) must have sufficient funds to cover all reasonable costs in relation to their visit without working or accessing public funds. This includes the cost of the return or onward journey, any costs relating to dependants, and the cost of planned activities such as private medical treatment.
What evidence did you provide of
a) Their links to their home country other than their financial links. Do they have other children/grandchildren in their home country?
b) Funds for their stay?

I am not even sure how an MP's letter would be relevant to the application anyway. It certainly does not satisfy any one of the requirements above.

Given that the letter does not seem to list Subsection (b) above, at the very least, the caseworker seems to be satisfied that your parents-in-law do not live in the UK for extended periods of time.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.