ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration officer & ILR questions

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Matrix2007
Newly Registered

immigration officer & ILR questions

Post by Matrix2007 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:56 am

been granted ILR for a SET(M) application, recently had a big argument with my pratner and fear of retaliation,

I m going abraod soon and was wondering if immigration officer can stop me entering UK on the ground that they were informed by my partner of relationship breakdown.

thanks in advance

SYH
BANNED

Post by SYH » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:22 am

You think the IO officer is going to have this info.
The HO has to investigate and make a determination, if after this investigation, they decide to revoke your ILR which is highly unlikely, then the IO might know based on the number of the vignette it is not valid. However you will have to been informed too provided that your correspondence reaches your uk address and you get the info,

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:45 am

matrix2007, you perviously mentioned that you only obtained a letter to prove your ILR and you had to go through an interview. What was the reason for the interview?
Jabi

Matrix2007
Newly Registered

Post by Matrix2007 » Sat Nov 10, 2007 11:48 am

sorry it wasnt an interview just an appointment for a SET(M)
which was succesfull

my passeport was stamped but i did not a get a separate letter to confirm instead they gave me a "guidance letter" which explicity say this is a not a proof of ILR

when i Phoned them up, they say i need to make a request in writing for a letter.

( by the way it is actually hard to find someone on their end who is clued up and they will never come out of their way to help you, and you ve got always to keep your guard up with them)

Mr Rusty
Diamond Member

Post by Mr Rusty » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:37 pm

You've got ILR! You are no longer reliant on your partner for your right to live here. You can only lose it -
a) If you are outside the UK for more than 2 years
b) You commit a serious enough crime that a Deportation Order is made against you
c) You are proved to have gained ILR by deception.

Your partner might make some allegation regarding deception, but that is extremely difficult to prove.

Don't worry!

Docterror
United Kingdom

Post by Docterror » Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:38 pm

If they did not give you a letter, it should still be alright as they will have record of having given you ILR in their database. I would still think it to be a good idea if you were to make a couple of copies of the ILR vignette and stash it in different locations.

If they asked you to make a request in writing, there seems to be no harm in doing so
Jabi